You are welcome to discuss various security topics with our professional team and other users like you!
Read our Registration Agreement and create your FREE account here!

Execute

• +46/-0
  • Your friendly neighbourhood IT guy
      • View Profile
GDPR Regulations - Information Thread
« on: February 26, 2018, 05:06:36 pm »
This thread is created to post general information about the new GDPR Regulations.
They will come to a full effect on the 25th of May, 2018.
Also, everybody is welcome to discuss this topic and ask questions about it.

"The GDPR regulations are a set of policies that have been in preparation for years in the European Union. In essence they are a complete overhaul of the existing data protection directives and their main goal is to harmonize the laws regarding private data across the member countries. According to the members of Parliament that are behind its creation the new mechanisms will help strengthen control of the data across the union."

You can read more details about the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) from the following blog article:

What Are the GDPR Regulations and How They Will Affect Internet Users

Martin

• +6/-0
      • View Profile
Re: GDPR Regulations - Information Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 04:31:58 pm »
I suppose that some of the major Internet services will continue to operate in the same manner. They will always find a "legal backdoor" to hijack our personal data for profit's sake.

Execute

• +46/-0
  • Your friendly neighbourhood IT guy
      • View Profile
Re: GDPR Regulations - Information Thread
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 05:01:01 pm »
I suppose that some of the major Internet services will continue to operate in the same manner. They will always find a "legal backdoor" to hijack our personal data for profit's sake.

Unfortunately, I feel like that is very much true...