You are welcome to discuss various security topics with our professional team and other users like you!
Read our Registration Agreement and create your FREE account here!

endiamin

• +0/-0
      • View Profile
.bk666 dharma + crysis ransomware
« on: April 11, 2019, 05:18:54 am »
Dear All,

my file server was attacked by ransomware with ext .bk666, i've already installed kaspersky on server but dont know why the ransomware pass through it and change our all important files, after get infected i scan all files system and data directory with spyhunter, but until this time there is no decryptor for file thas has been infected.

any suggestion?

Execute

• +55/-0
  • Your friendly neighbourhood IT guy
      • View Profile
Re: .bk666 dharma + crysis ransomware
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 03:37:54 pm »
Hello @endiamin,

ransomware viruses, especially Dharma/CrySiS have obfuscation methods to try and avoid security software and release different versions on a daily basis. Even that .bk666 cryptovirus is based on Dharma, there is no decryption software for it. You can backup the encrypted files and wait, but be warned that a decryption solution might never get released.

Here is a link to our article, in case you want to inform yourself on the ransomware:

What is .bk666 Files Virus (Dharma)

You can try using a data recovery tool to see if you are lucky to restore some files, as ransomware might delete the original files after encrypting their copies.

Kind Regards,
Execute