|Short Description||The page may look like a regular search engine with links to well-known pages.|
|Symptoms||The user may have the website set as his homepage without his approval.|
|Detection tool||Download Malware Removal Tool, to See If Your System Has Been Affected By Kijojo.com|
What Is Kijojo.com?
If you launch your browser one day and find that the website Kijojo.com has been set as the homepage and default search provider, then some browser hijacker has been installed on your computer. The website will seem to be a regular search engine with some links to popular websites. However, we do not recommend keeping it on your browser. The fact that your browser’s settings have been altered without your permission should be an immediate red flag. Kijojo.com is unreliable, and this is why we recommend removing it from your computer as soon as possible.
What Does Kijojo.com Do?
Kijojo.com is able to change the settings on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. And it will do so as soon as it has been installed. Although the website will claim that it uses the Google search engine, it will be able to show sponsored links among the search results. If you start getting pop-up ads while you are browsing the web, know that they are also the doing of Kijojo.com. Apart from getting in the way of your browsing, the hijacker may also slow down your browser’s speed as well as that of your computer. But this is not the worst part.
What Are the Harms of Kijojo.com?
The main reason why you should remove Kijojo.com from your browser and computer is the sponsored links and ads it will show. It is safe to assume that some of them will be misleading and actually take users to websites that are operated by cyber criminals. There ae a few things that malicious websites can be used for:
- They can try to trick you into sharing your personal and financial information. This is called a phishing scheme.
- They may try to offer you some software that will turn out to be malware. Then your sensitive information will again be at risk, and your computer may have troubles running.
- Your PC may become a target for infections as soon as you are transferred to the malicious websites.
How Did Kijojo.com End up on My Computer?
Browser hijacker usually are distributed through bundled downloads. This method is used by numerous potentially unwanted programs. There are a few things you can do to avoid bundled downloads:
- Refrain from downloading any free programs available on third-party websites. They often host bundled software.
- Be sure to read carefully through the information you are presented with in the install wizard.
- Opt for Custom/Advanced installation. This will show you whether there are any additional programs on the installer and you will be able to prevent them from being installed.
How Do I Remove Kijojo.com?
First of all, you need to go to Control Panel and open the list of programs. Then you have to locate any unfamiliar programs and remove them. After that, go to your browser and reset its settings. This should take care of the problem. However, it is likely that there are more unwanted programs on your computer. Also, the PC is vulnerable to infection. This is why we recommend having a reliable anti-malware program on it. This will get rid of all intruders. At the same time it will make sure that no unwanted software will infiltrate it in the future.
1. Remove/Uninstall Kijojo.com in Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps to remove that program. No matter if you are using Windows 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program get left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, mistakes with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Select the program that you want to remove, and press “Uninstall” (fig.3).
Follow the instructions above and you will successfully uninstall Kijojo.com.
2. Remove Kijojo.com from your browser
Select the “Add-ons” icon from the menu
Select Kijojo.com and click “Remove”
After Kijojo.com is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red “X” in the top right corner and start it again.
Select Kijojo.com to remove, and then click ‘Disable’. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected toolbar, and some additional toolbars might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click ‘Disable’.
After Kijojo.com has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red ‘X’ in the top right corner and start it again.
From the drop menu select ‘Preferences’
In the new window select ‘Extensions’
Click once on Kijojo.com
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall Kijojo.com. Select ‘Uninstall’ again, and the Kijojo.com will be removed.
In order to remove any associated objects that are left after uninstall and detect any other threats, you should:
3. Start Your PC in Safe Mode to Remove Kijojo.com.
For Windows XP, Vista, 7 systems:
1. Remove all CDs and DVDs, and then Restart your PC from the “Start” menu.
– For PCs with a single operating system: Press “F8” repeatedly after the first boot screen shows up during the restart of your computer. In case the Windows logo appears on the screen, you have to repeat the same task again.
– For PCs with multiple operating systems: Тhe arrow keys will help you select the operating system you prefer to start in Safe Mode. Press “F8” just as described for a single operating system.
3. As the “Advanced Boot Options” screen appears, select the Safe Mode option you want using the arrow keys. As you make your selection, press “Enter“.
4. Log on to your computer using your administrator account
While your computer is in Safe Mode, the words “Safe Mode” will appear in all four corners of your screen.
For Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 systems:
Step 1: Open the Start Menu
Step 2: Whilst holding down Shift button, click on Power and then click on Restart.
Step 3: After reboot, the aftermentioned menu will appear. From there you should choose Troubleshoot.
Step 4: You will see the Troubleshoot menu. From this menu you can choose Advanced Options.
Step 5: After the Advanced Options menu appears, click on Startup Settings.
Step 6: Click on Restart.
Step 7: A menu will appear upon reboot. You should choose Safe Mode by pressing its corresponding number and the machine will restart.
4. Remove Kijojo.com automatically by downloading an advanced anti-malware program.
To clean your computer you must download an updated anti-malware program on a safe PC and then install it on the affected computer in offline mode. After that you should boot into safe mode and scan your computer to remove all Kijojo.com associated objects.