Become a fighter against malware and join the forum at SensorsTech!  The SensorsTech’s forum is the place where you can solve your PC issues and educate yourself about malware. You are welcome to discuss various security topics with our professional team and other users like you! To unlock all features of the forums, you have to create an account. Otherwise, you can only browse the topics without taking part in the discussions. To leave a comment or ask your questions, read our Registration Agreement and create your free account here.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
PC Tips & Tricks / What is VC_RED file in Windows? Should you remove it?
« Last post by Execute on November 08, 2017, 12:30:06 pm »
VC_RED is a file that is safe, legitimate and you shouldn't worry about.
Usually the file comes along with others, scattered across your main directory of disk drives.
Typically, those are the installation files for the Visual C++ Redistributable Package
(which VC_RED is like an abbreviation of, also found as vc_redistx86 or x64)
and are leftovers after the installation is complete. You can see how it looks like:

You can safely delete them if they are found on your disk drives without their own folder.
That package is related to how applications are run on your PC and is needed,
but it can be easily re-installed if you somehow uninstalled or removed it.

The tip is that you should remove the installation file scattered randomly,
but do not touch the files if they are inside a specific folder with a similar name.
Internet and Networking Security / What is “Deceptive Site Ahead” warning?
« Last post by Execute on November 08, 2017, 12:08:20 pm »
This post is to discuss what "Deceptive Site Ahead" means and why do you get that warning in your browser.

Google Safe Browsing services are the creators of the message and have introduced it to their Google Chrome browser and Chromium project. That means that you can see the message in other browsers based on the Chromium project, like Opera for example.

The messages reads:

"Deceptive site ahead.
Attackers on (URL) may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards).
"

Most website domains that are not accessed right away, but show that message in your browser, are either filled with malware or are phishing and require you to enter your account details for a site that seems like a popular page (Facebook for instance).

Sometimes, the page is totally legitimate but not very well known and you can see the warning pop up without the site containing or leading to any malware. Remember that the message is for potential threats and not 100% accurate all the time, although you should consider researching that URL before removing the warning and going to such a site.
Internet and Networking Security / Re: Which Is the Most Secure Browser for 2017?
« Last post by esferasoft on October 27, 2017, 02:56:43 pm »
Google Chrome  :D
Yesterday, on the 25th of October, a new ransomware emerged crippling systems in a few countries, based on the Petya.A ransomware. Bad Rabbit is how the new ransomware string is dubbed.

The ransomware has a lot of its code copied from the previous Petya ransomware, and researchers confirmed their relation.

Ukraine, Turkey, Russia and Bulgaria were the countries that were the countries hit by the ransomware yesterday, and still recovering from the attack. More countries could be affected in the near future. Some government computers were infected, airports and others.

Read more technical details about the Bad Rabbit ransomware and information on what you could do to try and restore data on your computer here:

BAD RABBIT Ransomware Virus – How to Remove...
Web Browsing Practices / Re: Vivaldi Browser - Is It Worth It?
« Last post by Martin on September 30, 2017, 12:23:44 pm »
I don't find it particularly appealing :/
Internet and Networking Security / Re: Which Is the Most Secure Browser for 2017?
« Last post by Martin on September 30, 2017, 12:23:00 pm »
I would say a minimal browser like links or midori
Web Browsing Practices / What browser do you like and feel secure to use?
« Last post by astoncalvin on September 20, 2017, 12:14:35 pm »
I have a concern about the security of web browsers. I just want to find which is the top secure browser that users prefer now days.
If your PC has been infected with the scam known as "YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN BLOCKED"
and keep seeing it, then you have to consider how to remove it from your machine. This malware is
dangerous as it has many variants and some of them include ransomware and Trojan horse
viruses. To draw a better picture about the threat and see how you can remove it, check the article below:

YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN BLOCKED – “Virus” Manual Removal
Hello @Cyprian Makhafola.

I have researched the matter and it seems that Kaspersky's decryption tool doesn't work with newer versions of the Dharma ransomware, which is unfortunate. Keep checking their page, if they release an update, but it seems that this won't happen soon as the newer variants of the virus don't have flaws as the first version and might not get decrypted. The article and this topic will be updated if a decryptor is released.

Kind Regards,
Execute
Hi, I am the victim of the .arena Dharma Virus. I managed to follow the link you provided which was very helpful but now i am struggling with getting the tool to decrypt the files. The sample file format look like this  : filename-id-6C181F4A.[[email protected]].arena

I tried using Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor but iss seems it does not support the .arena extension even though it shows the following on the download description " Decrypts files affected by Rakhni, Agent.iih, Aura, Autoit, Pletor, Rotor, Lamer, Cryptokluchen, Lortok, Democry, Bitman
(TeslaCrypt) version 3 and 4, Chimera, Crysis (versions 2 and 3). Latest updates: decrypts Dharma ransomware.

I will appreciate assistance.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10