Update October 2019.What are XNXX Viruses? Is a XNXX Virus dangerous? How to remove a XNXX Virus from your computer?
The XNXX virus is a popular web threat which is spread across the Internet posing as an official adult videos site. The many virus samples are fake copies and/or attempt to fraud the victims into believing that they have accessed a safe resource. Read our in-depth XNXX virus removal guide to learn how to protect yourself from danger.
|Type||Redirect, Browser Hijacker|
|Short Description||Redirect Virus that takes advantage of the legitimate and famous XNXX download portal.|
|Symptoms||The symptoms may be ranging from seeing redirects to having symptom-less Trojan on your computer.|
|Distribution Method||Bundled downloads. Web pages which may advertise it.|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by XNXX Virus |
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss XNXX Virus.|
XNXX Virus – How Did I Get It and What Does It Do?
The XNXX Virus is a common web threat which can take various forms, in most of the cases the malware will pose as being affiliated or part of the famous adult videos portal. Depending on the local conditions of the compromised host and the exact hackers configuration different malicious actions can occur.
One of the most popular forms is the browser hijacker one which would produce a malicious plugin for one of the popular web browsers. The hackers behind the XNXX hijacker will probably use fake or similar sounding account credentials and post them onto the official repositories. In most cases these extensions will promise the addition of new features or certain portal enhancements that may be related to the legitimate XNXX adult site. Take note that the fake user reviews may boost the hijacker’s rating across the repositories and subvert many visitors into installing it. Browser hijackers are especially dangerous as they will harvest the stored information in the web browsers which includes the following: history, bookmarks, cookies, site preferences, settings and any stored account credentials.
The primary functions of the browser hijacker is to redirect the user to a hacker-made site that may pose as the real XNXX portal. They will be hosted on similar sounding domain names and may include stolen content or copied one so that the users will find it very difficult to differentiate between the real one and the hacker-made one. Any interaction with these sites can lead to one of the following consequences:
- Intrusive Ads — In almost cases the sites will present advertising under various forms: banners, pop-ups, text links and etc. For every display or click the hackers will receive income from the advertisers.
- Tracking Cookies Installation — Upon first visit of the site it will automatically deploy tracking cookies that will spy on the victims actions. The information will be automatically relayed to the hackers.
- Malware Redirects — The sites that the users are directed to may redirect to other malware pages as part of a worldwide redistribution network.
- Additional Malware Delivery — Website like the XNXX virus pages can be used to effectively spread other threats to the victim machines. This can include cryptocurrency miners and ransomware.
As executable files are concerned the relevant script installation code can be placed in payload carriers of which there are two primary types:
- Macro-infected Documents — The hackers can produce documents that contain malicious macros in all popular file formats: presentations, databases, text files and spreadsheets. As soon as they are opened by the victims a prompt will be spawned asking them to enable the built-in code. If this is done the XNXX Virus infection will begin.
- Setup Packages — The other popular mechanism is to create counterfeit and dangerous application installers of software which is typically downloaded and installed by end users. They can easily be uploaded to the hacker-made sites or spread through file-sharing networks like BitTorrent.
As the XNXX Virus can shift its forms in an instant we highly recommend that all users use an advanced anti-spyware utility in order to protect themselves from potential infection or to remove already existing ones.
Remove XNXX Virus from Your Machine
In order to be able to remove XNXX Virus, you should know where it’s files and objects are hidden. The main idea is to follow the removal steps below. They are made to help you isolate the virus and detect and delete the malicious files. For the complete detection and removal of XNXX Virus, however, we strongly suggest that you download and run a free scan with an advanced anti-malware software. Such tool will automatically identify and eliminate all of the virus files and objects, related to any XNXX Virus from your computer plus protect it in the future too.