Den BalkanRAT Trojan er en farlig malware trussel, som er designet til Microsoft Windows-computere. Det kan erhverves fra forskellige kilder, hvert angreb kampagne kan fokusere på én bestemt taktik. Normalt virusinfektioner som denne er lavet ved at interagere med en inficerede fil - det kan enten være en makro-inficeret dokument eller en hacker-made softwareinstallationsprogrammet. De er ofte lavet ved at tage de legitime filer fra deres officielle kilder og modificere dem den nødvendige virus kode. Andre data kan også blive påvirket. Alle former for andre data kan bruges som godt - dette inkluderer ondsindede plugins til web-browsere og etc. I andre tilfælde hackere kan bruge en direkte angreb der vil lede efter system sårbarheder og svagheder. If any are found then the BalkanRAT Trojan will be installed.
Denne særlige trussel er kendt for at blive spredt ved hjælp af en lang række svagheder. Det ligger mod både slutbrugere og servere. After the infection has been made the BalkanRAT Trojan can download other threats, lancere flere farlige moduler og installere en cryptocurrency minearbejder som vil køre en sekvens af præstationsfremmende krævende opgaver.
|Type||Malware, Trojan, Minearbejder|
|Kort beskrivelse||En farlig malware, der kan starte en minearbejder, og start en trojansk modul.|
|Symptomer||Ofrene måske bemærke problemer med ydeevnen og kan blive smittet med anden malware.|
|Distributionsmetode||Fælles distributions- taktik og direkte web-angreb.|
|Værktøj Detection|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by BalkanRAT Trojan |
Værktøj til fjernelse af malware
|Brugererfaring||Tilmeld dig vores forum to Discuss BalkanRAT Trojan.|
BalkanRAT Trojan – Hvordan har jeg det
The BalkanRAT Trojan is a dangerous threat which will start a malicious infection. At the moment the security researchers have detected that the main method which is being used is the coordination of email phishing-meddelelser which can focus on different strategies. The main goal of all of them will be to manipulate the recipients into thinking that they have received a legitimate notification:
- Special Web Offers — The recipients will receive promotional contents that will be presented as images, multimedia contents and links that once interacted with will lead to the BalkanRAT Trojan deployment.
- Service Notifications — The criminals can fake legitimate messages such as password reset prompts, message notifications and other related emails.
- Update Messages — The criminals can send out messages that will notify the recipients that need to apply a new software, game or operating system update. It will be directly attached to the messages or linked in it. When opened the BalkanRAT Trojan will be deployed to the victim systems.
- inficerede dokumenter — A large part of the attacks appear to be focused on sending out macro-infected documents such as invoices and receipts. When they are opened by the victims the built-in scripts will trigger the infection.
The BalkanRAT Trojan is currently set against the following countries: Kroatien, Serbien, Montenegro, and Bosnia and Herzegovina. According to the security researchers the attacks are done in campaigns that peaked during certain periods. Versions of the Trojan code have been used since 2016, the most recent one has been detected in July 2019. In one of its many forms it is found as a PDF document or an ACE archive disguised as WinRAR archive file. This is done in order to attempt exploitation of the CVE-2018-20250 vulnerability which affects the WinRAR software.
BalkanRAT Trojan – What Does It Do
When the BalkanRAT has been deployed onto a given host it will immediately start its built-in infection sequence. The main engine has the ability to check the current status of the host — whether or not an user is actively using it or not. The Trojan will actively work via a special payload that will be dropped onto the infected hosts called BalkanDoor backdoor. In the current version this is done in order to carry out the intended malicious activities.
If the screen is locked or other security mechanisms are placed they will be bypassed and the threat will take over control of the infected hosts. At the moment it appears that the main goal of the threat is to carry out espionage and surveillance. One of the motives which are seen as the main ones is finansielle misbrug. A fact which proves this is the deployment of a special tool which can identify if there are any installed smart cards in the file system. They are frequently used to provide user authentication to services, especially online banking.
The BalkanDoor backdoor script has been updated across the live campaigns and so far there have been six major releases of it. Not only will it deploy itself on the target system by unpacking many virus-related files, but also create a vedholdende installation. This is done by installing the malware as a Windows service and modifying the Windows Registry by creating new entries for itself.
The BalkanRAT Trojan and the associated backdoor will then run the built-in Trojan horse instance. It is set to establish a secure and persistent connection to a hacker-defined server. If the initial connection cannot be made the backdoor will resort to a modification of the Internet settings — the traffic will be redirected to a hacker-controlled proxy server. This step will guarantee that the hackers can effectively monitor the users web activities and also access the server. The main engine and associated virus module are masked from the system by pretending to be legitimate software or utility scripts. The processes can hook to existing ones, including operating system ones. Code injections can happen in real-time which means that the malware can edit the users input without them noticing.
The BalkanDoor backdoor is commanded through several short commands which are sent by the hackers to the infected hosts. They can specify the computer name and command them to download specific malware. Specific actions can be ordered in order to launch executable and malware data with certain parameters. To spy on the victims more effectively the hackers can order the engine to create screenshots at set intervals. If direct access to the infected hosts is required the engine can create a remote shell. Specific actions can be run as instructed.
Given the complexity of the threat we assume that there are several malicious consequences that can take place after the infection has started:
- Malware Levering — Using the Trojan components it is relatively easy to deploy other threats to the already compromised hosts. Popular ones are cryptocurrency minearbejdere which are dangerous scripts which are designed to download a sequence of small complex mathematical tasks — they take advantage of the main hardware components and lead to severe performance issues. When one of them is reported back to the hackers they will receive cryptocurrency that will be directly wired to their digital wallets. The other popular threat which can be sent is the ransomware infektion — malicious viruses that will lock sensitive user data and extort the victims into paying the hackers a decryption fee.
- Information Gathering — Using the dangerous module the BalkanRAT can be used to gather a lot of sensitive data from the infected hosts. This can include the victim users themselves, as well as their computers. Dette gøres ved at søge efter specifikke strygere såsom en persons navn, adresse, mobile phone number and any stored credentials.
- System Manipulation — What’s particularly worrying about the BalkanRAT Trojan is that it can cause a wide range of changes in the infected system. Modifications to the boot options also include the blocking of access to the recovery boot options which can make manual user recovery very difficult. The editing of certain configuration files can further produce errors.
The known signatures which are attributed to the virus are the following:
Win32/BalkanDoor.A, Win32/BalkanDoor.B, Win32/BalkanRAT.A, Win32/BalkanRAT.B, Win64/BalkanRAT.A, Win64/BalkanRAT.B
How to Remove BalkanRAT Trojan
In order to fully remove BalkanRAT from your computer system, Vi anbefaler, at du følger fjernelse instruktioner nedenunder denne artikel. If the first two manual removal steps do not seem to work and you still see BalkanRAT or programs, relateret til det, foreslår vi, hvad de fleste sikkerhedseksperter rådgive - at hente og køre en scanning af din comptuer med et velrenommeret anti-malware program. Download af denne software vil ikke kun spare dig lidt tid, but will remove all of BalkanRAT files and programs related to it and will protect your computer against such intrusive apps and malware in the future.