KB3081424 is a Microsoft’s cumulative update for Windows 10. It has already been blamed to cause issues for numerous users. The update is reported to put systems into a never-ending loop of crashes. Basicamente, it keeps on trying to install but gets to a point of 30% where it fails. Once the failure point is reached, the user is displayed with the following message: “Não foi possível concluir as atualizações, undoing the changes.”
The reason the update keeps on trying to happen is because of Microsoft’s policy to force updates on Windows latest. The operational system will keep on attempting to finish installing KB3081424, and the result will be the continuous crashing of the system. The process is quite annoying, para dizer o mínimo.
Contudo, the installation process cannot be stopped because Windows 10 Home doesn’t offer any way to block security updates and new features. além disso, the Pro Edition doesn’t offer much either.
The KB3081424 Windows 10 Cumulative update for x64-based systems is here to replace the 3074683 atualizar. As stated by Microsoft:
→janelas 10 updates are cumulative. Portanto, this package contains all previously-released fixes (see KB 3074681). If you have installed previous updates, only the new fixes that are included in this package will be downloaded and installed on your computer.
KB3081424 Update Specifications
As stated by Microsoft, KB3081424 replaces the 3074683 Cumulative Security Update for Windows 10: Julho 29, 2015.
3074683 security update is described as it follows: it includes improvements to enhance the functionality of Windows 10, and it resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:
- Microsoft Security Bulletin MS15-074
- Microsoft Security Bulletin MS15-078
- Microsoft Security Advisory 2755801
- Adobe Security Bulletin APSB15-18
However unclear the official description of the update may seem, it is already here and causing problems. So the question is how to proceed to put an end to the continuous system crashes.
N.B.There may be a solution to the problem, but it keep in mind that it is not an official one issued by Microsoft, and it may or may not work. It has been reported to work, but it may require particular PC skills and is somehow risky. Além disso, all the actions to be taken are at the discretion of the users.
1. Type ‘regedit’ in the Cortana search box. Uma vez o “regedit / Run command” shows up at the top of the list, press the Enter button, or tap/ click.
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
3. Before proceeding with the rest of the steps, the registry key must be backed up.Highlight ProfileList, and click File, Exportação. Choose a location (por exemplo, the desktop), type in a name and save it.
4. À esquerda, a list of profile IDs should be visible, most probably containing S-1-5-18, S-1-5-19, S-1-5-20 and similar ones. It is very likely that one of them depicts a bad profile that should have been deleted long ago.
5. Go through the ProfileList IDs and delete those with ProfileImagePath.
6. Close Regedit and reboot the system. KB3081424 should now install flawlessly.
De novo, we remind you that this solution may be treated as a temporary one. Se você não se sente confiante o suficiente, it is better to wait for Microsoft to fix the problem with this update.
More on the Windows Updates topic:
Vamos conversar! Participe do nosso fórum e siga the discussion about KB3081424