The article will help you to remove Fpagesnews.net effectively. Follow the browser hijacker removal instructions at the end of this article.
The Fpagesnews.net redirect is a malicious web site that can infect the victims with different computer viruses. Interacting with the site can lead to dangerous privacy and security risks. The Fpagesnews.net is the main address, other mirrors and related sites can also be used to link to it. When in use with a browser hijacker the malware will change important web browser settings to redirect to it.
|Type||Browser Hijacker, PUP|
|Short Description||Every browser application which is on your computer will get affected. The hijacker can redirect you and show you lots of advertisements.|
|Symptoms||Browser settings that get changed are the start page, search engine and the new tab page.|
|Distribution Method||Freeware Installations, Bundled Packages|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by Fpagesnews.net |
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Fpagesnews.net.|
Fpagesnews.net – Delivery Methods
Computer users can come across the Fpagesnews.net redirect by falling victim to some of the most popular malware distribution methods used with similar threats. In most cases the redirection to the site is caused by a dangerous web script located on other hacker-controlled sites. It is very likely that the Fpagesnews.net redirect is part of a large-scale affiliate network , it may be a main or secondary domain.
A primary method of infection is through the installation of infected software bundles. They are usually two types:
- Modified Legitimate Installers – The computer criminals download real software installers and bundle the malware code directy in it. Depending on the case the users may be able to disallow installation by looking out for appropriate checkboxes or prompts.
- Malware Installers – These types of installers do not give the users the ability to disallow the redirect installation.
The bundles deliver browser hijackers that modify essential web browser settings. They are usually compatible with the most popular applications: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera and Microsoft Edge. The changes include the default home page, search engine and new tabs page to reflect the malicious address.
Hacker-controlled sites, portals, ad networks and other related sources can also lead to an infection. Such scripts can be placed on legitimate sites as well, including popular ones.
Fpagesnews.net – In-Depth Overview
Fpagesnews.net is a malicious browser redirect that can be used to spy on the users and initiate malware infections. The portal is designed to appear as a legitimate Russian search engine and web portal delivering useful services. In fact it is a scam site that causes serious security and privacy issues to all users who have interacted with it.
The primary goal of the criminals is to generate income based on user redirects, sponsored links and attempt identity theft. The main redirect with the Fpagesnews.net address points to a section of the site called “news”. The site is designed in a simple manner by placing a search engine with the title “Поиск в интернете” (Russian for “Search on The Internet”) and curated news placed underneath.
Name:Protection of Private Person
Street:PO box 87, REG.RU Protection Service
This reveals a malicious intent and it is very likely that such portals are linked to a hacker organization. It is possible that redirects and browser hijackers like this one are sold on hacker underground markets.
Interaction with the home page alone yields several intrusive tracking cookies. They are used for the following purposes:
- Unique User ID Assignment – The imposed cookie assigns an unique ID to each victim computer. This allow the criminal operators to harvest sensitive infrmation about the users’s hardware and the software configuration. The data can be used further by processing it for malicious use or selling it to third parties.
- Geolocation – Based on the Internet service provider, IP address and other variables (like the regional settings) the hackers can gain information about the users location.
- Site Interaction – All user interactions and actions are recorded and then transmitted to the victims via the cookies.
Remove Fpagesnews.net Effectively
To remove Fpagesnews.net manually from your computer, follow the step-by-step removal instructions provided below. In case the manual removal does not get rid of the hijacker redirect and its files completely, you should search for and remove any leftovers with an advanced anti-malware tool. Such a program can keep your computer safe in the future.