The Butenlachisbe.pro redirect is a web browser hijacker and dangerous site which are currently distributed in an active attack campaign. As most of the infections happen through the web browsers as soon as the virus is deployed it can change the settings of the programs. Malicious actions such as data harvesting and the execution of malicious actions can take place. Our guide shows how users can effectively attempt to remove any active infections.
|Short Description||Butenlachisbe.pro is a web page, caused by a browser hijacker. It is unwanted, because it may lead you to dangerous sites.|
|Symptoms||Your web browser may start to behave in a strange way. You may receive redirects and other types of ads and your PC’s performance may sharply decline.|
|Distribution Method||Bundled downloads. Web pages which may advertise it.|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by Butenlachisbe.pro redirect |
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Butenlachisbe.pro redirect.|
Butenlachisbe.pro — HOW Did I Get It
The Butenlachisbe.pro redirect is a browser hijacker and redirect threat which has been made by an unknown computer or criminal group. As there is no information available about them we suppose that popular methods can be used to spread it. This can be the construction of phishing emails which are sent like SPAM and are made to imitate notifications of popular sites. They will manipulate the recipients into thinking that they have received a real message. The Butenlachisbe.pro redirect installation will commence if this is done.
Users fall victim to the redirect by clicking on phishing web sites. These sites will copy the design and layout of Internet portals, company pages and etc. The infection code is placed in various elements. They are hosted on similar sounding domain names.
The threat infections may be caused by opening contaminated file carriers. There are two main types:
- Macro-Infected Documents — Dangerous macro code can be placed in all popular document formats types: presentations, databases, spreadsheets and text files.
- Bundle Application Installers — The Butenlachisbe.pro installation code can be integrated in the setup files of popular software. Commonly the hackers will embed the necessary code into applications such as the following: creativity suites, system utilities, productivity apps and even computer games.
One of the most common ways to get infected with this threat is to install malware browser plugins, which are also known as “hijackers”. They are commonly uploaded to to plugin repositories using stolen or hacker-made user reviews and developer credentials. The posted descriptions commonly promise new features addition or performance optimizations. Often they are accompanied with videos and long text offers.
Butenlachisbe.pro – What Does It DO
As soon as the Butenlachisbe.pro redirect infection has been deployed on a given system it will start a sequence of dangerous modules. One of them is responsible for information gathering. Once started it will scan the host computer and extract data about the users and their machines. This is done by searching for strings that can expose the victim’s identity and generate a complete profile of their computers. The collected data sets can be used for identity theft and other crimes.
Using the gathered information the redirect engine may scan the system for any security software — services that can block its proper execution. This includes applications like anti-virus programs, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, virtual machine hosts and etc. They will be bypassed or entirely removed.
The boot settings can also be changed. If this is done the malware will be started every time the computer is powered on. In some cases it can even block access to the recovery boot options.
Any other malicious components will be launched if it is included in the sequence. Some of the complex variants are known to cause Windows Registry changes by creating new ones specifically for the redirect or modifying existing ones. As a result the users may experience severe performance issues, data loss and unexpected errors.
Most of the browser hijackers of this type will modify the settings of the installed web browsers in order to redirect them to a certain hacker-controlled site or specific contents. There are several possible consequences:
- Adware Presentation — For every displayed or clicked on ad the hackers will receive income.
- Cryptocurrency Miners — These are dangerous small-sized scripts which will download a sequence of mathematical tasks. They will place a heavy toll on the performance of the computers and the core components of the systems: the CPU, memory, hard disk space and etc. For every reported sample back to the operators the criminals will receive cryptocurrency in compensation which will be directly transferred to their digital wallets.
- Additional Malware Delivery — Other viruses can also be spread to the victims by using the Butenlachisbe.pro redirect as conduit.
- Users Tracking — As soon as the dangerous site is visited tracking cookies and other technologies which aim to create a complete profile of the victims. This information can be stored in large databases that can group the data from various redirects. It can later be sold to interested parties or uploaded to the dark web for further criminal use.
How to REMOVE Butenlachisbe.pro
The removal of Butenlachisbe.pro may be a very tricky process, because of the fact that the unwanted program introducing this scam page may have files spread all of your hard drive. This is the main reason why we strongly advise you to follow the removal steps below. They are made so that if the problem persists after step 1 and 2, you can use a powerful anti-malware software(recommended). Be advised that security professionals often advise victims to remove this adware via an advanced anti-malware program. This will help save you significant time and will make sure that all of the persistent files and objects of Butenlachisbe.pro are fully gone from your PC.