The Butenlachisbe.pro redirect is a web browser hijacker and dangerous site which are currently distributed in an active attack campaign. As most of the infections happen through the web browsers as soon as the virus is deployed it can change the settings of the programs. Malicious actions such as data harvesting and the execution of malicious actions can take place. Our guide shows how users can effectively attempt to remove any active infections.
|Short Description||Butenlachisbe.pro is a web page, caused by a browser hijacker. It is unwanted, because it may lead you to dangerous sites.|
|Symptoms||Your web browser may start to behave in a strange way. You may receive redirects and other types of ads and your PC’s performance may sharply decline.|
|Distribution Method||Bundled downloads. Web pages which may advertise it.|
See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Butenlachisbe.pro redirect.|
Butenlachisbe.pro — HOW Did I Get It
The Butenlachisbe.pro redirect is a browser hijacker and redirect threat which has been made by an unknown computer or criminal group. As there is no information available about them we suppose that popular methods can be used to spread it. This can be the construction of phishing emails which are sent like SPAM and are made to imitate notifications of popular sites. They will manipulate the recipients into thinking that they have received a real message. The Butenlachisbe.pro redirect installation will commence if this is done.
Users fall victim to the redirect by clicking on phishing web sites. These sites will copy the design and layout of Internet portals, company pages and etc. The infection code is placed in various elements. They are hosted on similar sounding domain names.
The threat infections may be caused by opening contaminated file carriers. There are two main types:
- Macro-Infected Documents — Dangerous macro code can be placed in all popular document formats types: presentations, databases, spreadsheets and text files.
- Bundle Application Installers — The Butenlachisbe.pro installation code can be integrated in the setup files of popular software. Commonly the hackers will embed the necessary code into applications such as the following: creativity suites, system utilities, productivity apps and even computer games.
One of the most common ways to get infected with this threat is to install malware browser plugins, which are also known as “hijackers”. They are commonly uploaded to to plugin repositories using stolen or hacker-made user reviews and developer credentials. The posted descriptions commonly promise new features addition or performance optimizations. Often they are accompanied with videos and long text offers.
Butenlachisbe.pro – What Does It DO
As soon as the Butenlachisbe.pro redirect infection has been deployed on a given system it will start a sequence of dangerous modules. One of them is responsible for information gathering. Once started it will scan the host computer and extract data about the users and their machines. This is done by searching for strings that can expose the victim’s identity and generate a complete profile of their computers. The collected data sets can be used for identity theft and other crimes.
Using the gathered information the redirect engine may scan the system for any security software — services that can block its proper execution. This includes applications like anti-virus programs, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, virtual machine hosts and etc. They will be bypassed or entirely removed.
The boot settings can also be changed. If this is done the malware will be started every time the computer is powered on. In some cases it can even block access to the recovery boot options.
Any other malicious components will be launched if it is included in the sequence. Some of the complex variants are known to cause Windows Registry changes by creating new ones specifically for the redirect or modifying existing ones. As a result the users may experience severe performance issues, data loss and unexpected errors.
Most of the browser hijackers of this type will modify the settings of the installed web browsers in order to redirect them to a certain hacker-controlled site or specific contents. There are several possible consequences:
- Adware Presentation — For every displayed or clicked on ad the hackers will receive income.
- Cryptocurrency Miners — These are dangerous small-sized scripts which will download a sequence of mathematical tasks. They will place a heavy toll on the performance of the computers and the core components of the systems: the CPU, memory, hard disk space and etc. For every reported sample back to the operators the criminals will receive cryptocurrency in compensation which will be directly transferred to their digital wallets.
- Additional Malware Delivery — Other viruses can also be spread to the victims by using the Butenlachisbe.pro redirect as conduit.
- Users Tracking — As soon as the dangerous site is visited tracking cookies and other technologies which aim to create a complete profile of the victims. This information can be stored in large databases that can group the data from various redirects. It can later be sold to interested parties or uploaded to the dark web for further criminal use.
How to REMOVE Butenlachisbe.pro
The removal of Butenlachisbe.pro may be a very tricky process, because of the fact that the unwanted program introducing this scam page may have files spread all of your hard drive. This is the main reason why we strongly advise you to follow the removal steps below. They are made so that if the problem persists after step 1 and 2, you can use a powerful anti-malware software(recommended). Be advised that security professionals often advise victims to remove this adware via an advanced anti-malware program. This will help save you significant time and will make sure that all of the persistent files and objects of Butenlachisbe.pro are fully gone from your PC.
- Guide 1: How to Remove Butenlachisbe.pro redirect from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of Butenlachisbe.pro redirect on Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove Butenlachisbe.pro redirect in Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase Butenlachisbe.pro redirect from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall Butenlachisbe.pro redirect from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove Butenlachisbe.pro redirect from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate Butenlachisbe.pro redirect from Internet Explorer.
- Guide 8: Disable Butenlachisbe.pro redirect Push Notifications in Your Browsers.
How to Remove Butenlachisbe.pro redirect from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove Butenlachisbe.pro redirect
Step 2: Uninstall Butenlachisbe.pro redirect and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by Butenlachisbe.pro redirect on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by Butenlachisbe.pro redirect there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of Butenlachisbe.pro redirect from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall Butenlachisbe.pro redirect and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Butenlachisbe.pro redirect via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove Butenlachisbe.pro redirect files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as Butenlachisbe.pro redirect, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove Butenlachisbe.pro redirect from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase Butenlachisbe.pro redirect from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall Butenlachisbe.pro redirect from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove Butenlachisbe.pro redirect from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the Butenlachisbe.pro redirect will be removed.
Eliminate Butenlachisbe.pro redirect from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.
Remove Push Notifications caused by Butenlachisbe.pro redirect from Your Browsers.
Turn Off Push Notifications from Google Chrome
To disable any Push Notices from Google Chrome browser, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Go to Settings in Chrome.
Step 2: In Settings, select “Advanced Settings”:
Step 3: Click “Content Settings”:
Step 4: Open “Notifications”:
Step 5: Click the three dots and choose Block, Edit or Remove options:
Remove Push Notifications on Firefox
Step 1: Go to Firefox Options.
Step 2: Go to “Settings”, type “notifications” in the search bar and click "Settings":
Step 3: Click “Remove” on any site you wish notifications gone and click “Save Changes”
Stop Push Notifications on Opera
Step 1: In Opera, press ALT+P to go to Settings
Step 2: In Setting search, type “Content” to go to Content Settings.
Step 3: Open Notifications:
Step 4: Do the same as you did with Google Chrome (explained below):
Eliminate Push Notifications on Safari
Step 1: Open Safari Preferences.
Step 2: Choose the domain from where you like push pop-ups gone and change to "Deny" from "Allow".