The article will aid you to remove Doppler Weather Radar completely. Follow the browser hijacker removal instructions provided at the bottom of this article.
Doppler Weather Radar is a browser hijacker redirect developed by the Polarity. Its website will redirect you to its search engine or another malicious site. While using its services, you can find yourself on pages with lots of adverts and sponsored content that go through this hijacker. The hijacker will change the start page, new tab, and search settings for the browser applications you have on your computer machine.
|Name||Doppler Weather Radar|
|Type||Browser Hijacker, PUP|
|Short Description||Each browser application on your computer could get affected. The hijacker can redirect you and will display lots of advertisements.|
|Symptoms||Browser settings which are altered are the homepage, search engine and the new tab.|
|Distribution Method||Freeware Installations, Bundled Packages|
See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Doppler Weather Radar.|
Doppler Weather Radar Hijacker – Methods of Distribution
The Doppler Weather Radar redirect is a typical browser hijacker infection that was reported in a large-scale distribution campaign. The malicious users behind it are using several spread tactics in order to increase the number of affected clients.
One of the primary tactics is the distribution of email infection campaigns — the criminals will send messages that pose as being sent by well-known companies or services that they might use. Alternative scenarios might be review sites or software promotions. In the body contents or file attachments the browser hijacker installation script will be launched.
In connection with this the hijacker may also be presented in various fake web site portals which may impersonate Internet portals, software download sites or others.
These two methods are among the most popular tactics used to spread infected payloads, a form of malware delivery that has proven to be very successful in spreading the redirect. There are two popular variants:
- Infected Documents — By interacting with such files the victims can install the hijacker code. They can be of any popular type: presentations, documents, database and spreadsheets. Whenever they are opened a prompt will appear asking the users to enable the built-in content. If this is done then the scripts will initiate the virus delivery and launch the infection.
- Modified Setup Files — The criminals behind the Doppler Weather Radar redirect may also take the original setup files of popular applications and embed the malicious scripts in them. This can be done with practically all software that is often used by end-users: system utilities, creativity suites and productivity solutions.
All of these files be spread also on file-sharing networks like BitTorrent. They are a popular conduit for spreading both legitimate content and pirate files. The trackers are frequently used by hackers or users to share both documents and paid software and games. This allows effective distribution of both infected payloads and the redirect install files themselves.
In the case of browser hijackers the main method can be the upload of the browser modification script by embedding it in browser plugins. They are made compatible with all popular web browsers and uploaded to their respective repositories. The hackers typically make use of fake user reviews and developer credentials in order to fool the users into thinking that they are accessing a legitimate and feature-enhancing extension.
Doppler Weather Radar Hijacker – In-Depth Description
Once the Doppler Weather Radar hijacker is installed on the victim systems it will immediately start its built-in configuration of malicious actions. This usually follows the classic scheme of manipulating the installed browsers into displaying a hacker-controlled page. This includes the default home page, search engine and new tabs page. When this is done every time the victims start their browsers they will see the hacker-set page.
As the infections are made through the web browsers, the malicious engine will also retrieve all stored data within them. This can be coupled with a separate data harvesting component. These two can be used to scan the infected system for data that can be categorized into two main groups:
- Private Data — The harvested information can be used to directly expose the identity of the victim users. The collected data can include their real name, email address contents, location and any stored credentials. By using both a hijacker and a separate module the contents of both the operating system, user files and third-party apps can be accessed.
- Hardware Information — The engine can create a list of the installed hardware components, user settings and certain operating system environment values.
Depending on the exact configuration of the hijacker the Doppler Weather Radar redirect may also run a security bypass which will search the systems for installed anti-virus engines or firewalls that can interfere with the virus execution. In certain cases it can also perform an environment check which shows if the virus is run in a virtual machine or a sandbox environment and disable the hosts. This is done in order to avoid detection.
After these modules have completed execution the virus engine will continue with certain system changes. They may modify the Windows Registry by manipulating the strings used by the operating system or the third-party applications. This can cause severe a degradation of performance or the inability to launch certain functions or services. This is related to the installation of the hijacker as a persistent threat which depends both on Registry and boot option modifications. The redirect will be made very difficult to remove using manual methods and in such cases cases an anti-spyware solution might be the only way to recover a computer.
The main goal of the Doppler Weather Radar hijacker is to showcase the malicious web page. It is designed to appear like any normal search engine by using a familiar looking template. The main elements are the following:
- Top Menu Bar — Shows a small search engine box together with links to services that the users might use.
- Main Search Engine — This is the main interactive element of the site. It shows a large custom search engine box with links to popular Internet services, social networks and merchants placed underneath it.
The primary aim of redirecting the victims users to this page is to manipulate them into interacting with the site elements. Users accessing the site should not be fooled into thinking that they will receive the best possible results to their queries. The hackers may redirect the victims to sponsored content in the form of ads, banners, pop-ups and etc. For each interaction they will receive a small percentage of the income. Alternative results can result in direct virus infections.
- Email address
- IP address
- Home address (mailing address)
- Search queries and all data you type in searches
- Search data and specifics of searches
- URLs and clicks
- Browser type
- Your name
- Your geographic location
- Your ISP (Internet Search Provider)
- Communications preferences
- Operating System (and other related data)
Remove Doppler Weather Radar Browser Hijacker
To remove Doppler Weather Radar manually from your computer, follow the step-by-step removal instructions provided below. In case the manual removal does not get rid of the hijacker redirect and its files completely, you should search for and remove any leftovers with an advanced anti-malware tool. Such a program can keep your computer safe in the future.
- Guide 1: How to Remove Doppler Weather Radar from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of Doppler Weather Radar from Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove Doppler Weather Radar from Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase Doppler Weather Radar from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall Doppler Weather Radar from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove Doppler Weather Radar from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate Doppler Weather Radar from Internet Explorer.
How to Remove Doppler Weather Radar from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove Doppler Weather Radar
Step 2: Uninstall Doppler Weather Radar and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by Doppler Weather Radar on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by Doppler Weather Radar there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of Doppler Weather Radar from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall Doppler Weather Radar and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Doppler Weather Radar via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove Doppler Weather Radar files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as Doppler Weather Radar, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove Doppler Weather Radar from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase Doppler Weather Radar from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall Doppler Weather Radar from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove Doppler Weather Radar from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the Doppler Weather Radar will be removed.
Eliminate Doppler Weather Radar from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.