The Free-coupons.network redirect is a web browser hijacker and dangerous site which are currently distributed in an active attack campaign. As most of the infections happen through the web browsers as soon as the virus is deployed it can change the settings of the programs. Malicious actions such as data harvesting and the execution of malicious actions can take place. Our guide shows how users can effectively attempt to remove any active infections.
|Short Description||Free-coupons.network is a web page, caused by a browser hijacker. It is unwanted, because it may lead you to dangerous sites.|
|Symptoms||Your web browser may start to behave in a strange way. You may receive redirects and other types of ads and your PC’s performance may sharply decline.|
|Distribution Method||Bundled downloads. Web pages which may advertise it.|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by Free-coupons.network |
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Free-coupons.network.|
Free-coupons.network — HOW Did I Get It
The Free-coupons.network redirect is a web threat that is being spread in a worldwide attack campaign. The redirect can be distributed to the intended targets via strategies. This is done by sending out numerous phishing emails in a SPAM-like manner. These are notifications that are designed to imitate popular web sites. They aim to persuade the recipients into thinking that they have received a real message from the service. If the users click on the shown contents the Free-coupons.network redirect installation script will be triggered. This can include the interaction with links, text areas and multimedia of all kinds.
The redirect can be installed by interacting with phishing web sites which copy well-known Internet portals, company pages and etc. In their content they will place the necessary code which can run without the users knowing. These sites are hosted on similar sounding domain names to the legitimate companies and can include self-signed security certificates.
Free-coupons.network redirect infections may be caused by interacting with various different file carriers. Two of the most popular ones include the following:
- Malware Documents — The criminals can embed the necessary code as macros in documents across all popular file types. They are to start automatically as soon as the command is given. The Free-coupons.network redirect can be found within all popular formats: presentations, databases, spreadsheets and text files.
- Infected Software Installers — The Free-coupons.network redirect code can be integrated in setup packages of popular software. Commonly the hackers will infect programs such as the following: creativity suites, system utilities, productivity apps and even computer games.
One of the most common ways to get infected with this threat is to download and install malicious browser plugins, otherwise known as “hijackers”. They are commonly uploaded to their respective repositories with fake user reviews and developer credentials. The posted descriptions will promise new features addition or performance optimizations.
Free-coupons.network – What Does It DO
As soon as the Free-coupons.network redirect infection has been deployed it will start sequence of built-in modules. One of the first components which is started is the data collection module. It will scan the victim system and extract detailed information about the users and their machines. This is done by searching for specific strings based on a predefined pattern. The gathered data sets can be used for identity theft and other crimes.
The collected data can be used to scan the system for any security software that prevent the proper Free-coupons.network execution. This includes engines of anti-virus programs, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, virtual machine hosts and etc. They can be bypassed or entirely removed depending on the specific hacker instructions.
Following the successful intrusion of the threat the threat can edit the boot options.This will make the virus components to run every time the computer is powered on. In some cases it can block access to the recovery boot options.
If the hackers have intended other actions to be run they will be launched as well. Some of the advanced redirects are known to cause Windows Registry changes by creating new ones specifically for the redirect or modifying existing ones. As a result the users may experience severe performance issues, data loss and unexpected errors.
Most of the browser hijackers of this type will modify the settings of the installed web browsers in order to redirect them to a certain hacker-controlled site or specific contents. There are several possible consequences:
- Adware Presentation — For every displayed or clicked on ad the hackers will receive income.
- Cryptocurrency Miners — These are dangerous small-sized scripts which will download a sequence of mathematical tasks. They will place a heavy toll on the performance of the computers and the core components of the systems: the CPU, memory, hard disk space and etc. For every reported sample back to the operators the criminals will receive cryptocurrency in compensation which will be directly transferred to their digital wallets.
- Additional Malware Delivery — Other viruses can also be spread to the victims by using the Free-coupons.network redirect as conduit.
- Users Tracking — As soon as the dangerous site is visited tracking cookies and other technologies which aim to create a complete profile of the victims. This information can be stored in large databases that can group the data from various redirects. It can later be sold to interested parties or uploaded to the dark web for further criminal use.
How to REMOVE Free-coupons.network
The removal of Free-coupons.network may be a very tricky process, because of the fact that the unwanted program introducing this scam page may have files spread all of your hard drive. This is the main reason why we strongly advise you to follow the removal steps below. They are made so that if the problem persists after step 1 and 2, you can use a powerful anti-malware software(recommended). Be advised that security professionals often advise victims to remove this adware via an advanced anti-malware program. This will help save you significant time and will make sure that all of the persistent files and objects of Free-coupons.network are fully gone from your PC.