The Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect is a common web malware which is featured both as a website redirect and a browser hijacker. This means that it can use all popular spread tactics in order to infect as many victims as possible. A common method is to coordinate the creation and spread of phishing emails which are sent in a SPAM-like manner to the intended recipients. In the message contents the redirect code, some of the examples can also attach the dangerous files. A related mechanism is the creation of malware sites which will pose as legitimate Internet pages across all popular types: download portals, search engines, software landing pages and etc. They can be hosted on similar domain names to well-known sites and self-signed or stolen security certificates.
Such viruses are also capable of being inserted into payload carriers — the most popular ones are application installers and infected documents. They can be spread over file-sharing networks — they are used to spread both legitimate and pirate content. Large campaigns can be orchestrated by including the virus installation code into browser hijackers and redirects which can be found mostly on the relevant plugin repositories.
When the Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect has impacted the machine it will attempt to change the default settings of the installed web browsers in order to automatically start the page when they are opened. Upon visiting the page for the first time tracking cookies will be placed in the browsers. They will monitor the users behavior across the site and report back on their activity to the operators at once.
There are several popular malware scenarios which are explored by redirects:
- Information Harvesting — The engine can extract personal information that can reveal a lot about the users and the infected machine themselves. This is done by a special engine which is programmed to extract certain strings that can relate to the victims: their name, address, phone number and even stored account data.
- Windows Registry Changes — Some advanced forms of viruses can lead to modifications of registry values stored in the Windows Registry. This can lead to performance issues, data loss and application errors.
- Boot Changes — The main redirect engine can be started every time the computer is booted. It can also disable access to the recovery boot menus and options thereby making most manual user removal guides non-working. To make it an even more dangerous threat and difficult threat to remove the engine can also identify and remove backups and restore points.
- Additional Malware Installation — The redirect infection can be used as a conduit for installing other threats on the infected computers. This is partly due to the fact that security bypass functions can be included in the redirect’s installation scripts.
Depending on the local conditions the pattern can shift and other malware actions can also take place.
|Short Description||Monitornotifyfriends.info is a web page, caused by a browser hijacker. It is unwanted, because it may lead you to dangerous sites.|
|Symptoms||Your web browser may start to behave in a strange way. You may receive redirects and other types of ads and your PC’s performance may sharply decline.|
|Distribution Method||Bundled downloads. Web pages which may advertise it.|
See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect.|
Monitornotifyfriends.info – HOW Did I Get It
The Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect is a common web infection which is commonly found across Internet browser hijackers. They are malicious plugins which are made compatible with the most popular software. Another possible source of infections is the installation of PUPs which are potentially unwanted software. They are designed to appear as legitimate software however upon running them the redirect files will be placed in the victim’s computer and started.
Beware of phishing emails that may pose as legitimate services and attempt to coerce the victims into interacting with them which will eventually lead to a redirect installation.
Such redirects can be spread via malicious sites that aim to persuade the visitors into thinking that they have accessed a legitimate and safe web page. They are usually hosted on similar sounding domain names to well-known sites and may include forged or stolen security certificates.
Various payload delivery methods can be used to spread the Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect to the intended victims. There are two main types:
- Infected Documents — The hackers can embed the necessary scrips that will lead to the infection in the most common document file types: presentations, spreadsheets, text documents and databases. When they are opened by the victims a prompt will ask for permissions to run them. The quoted reason is that this is required in order to view the contents of the files.
- Malware Software Bundles — The criminals behind the Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect can place the installation code in application installers of popular software. They are spread using various methods and are very difficult to detect.
The redirect related files can be spread via file sharing networks of which BitTorrent is currently the most popular one. Another frequently used method is the integration of the relevant code into browser hijackers which are malicious extensions made for the most popular web browsers. They are posted with fake user reviews and developer credentials in order to coerce the visitors into downloading and installing them.
Monitornotifyfriends.info – What Does It DO
The Monitornotifyfriends.info is a classic browser-based redirect which will redirect the victims to this hacker-controlled page every time the web browser is run. This can lead to dangerous behavior as soon as the users start to interact with the site:
- Tracking of their Internet activity
- Advertising content such as pop-ups, banners, text links and etc
- Deployment of other malicious infections: Trojans, ransomware and etc
Such redirects are very useful for launching cryptocurrency miners which will take advantage of the available hardware resources in order to generate cryptocurrency for the hackers.
One of the most dangerous effects of having this redirect active is that it can automatically track the users and their web activity. Having access to the web browser means that the active malware will be able to hijack all stored data within: cookies, history, bookmarks, settings and even stored account credentials. All hijacked data will be automatically uploaded to the servers operated by the hackers.
How to REMOVE Monitornotifyfriends.info
The removal of Monitornotifyfriends.info may be a very tricky process, because of the fact that the unwanted program introducing this scam page may have files spread all of your hard drive. This is the main reason why we strongly advise you to follow the removal steps below. They are made so that if the problem persists after step 1 and 2, you can use a powerful anti-malware software(recommended). Be advised that security professionals often advise victims to remove this adware via an advanced anti-malware program. This will help save you significant time and will make sure that all of the persistent files and objects of Monitornotifyfriends.info are fully gone from your PC.
- Guide 1: How to Remove Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect on Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect in Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect from Internet Explorer.
- Guide 8: Disable Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect Push Notifications in Your Browsers.
How to Remove Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect
Step 2: Uninstall Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect will be removed.
Eliminate Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.
Remove Push Notifications caused by Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect from Your Browsers.
Turn Off Push Notifications from Google Chrome
To disable any Push Notices from Google Chrome browser, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Go to Settings in Chrome.
Step 2: In Settings, select “Advanced Settings”:
Step 3: Click “Content Settings”:
Step 4: Open “Notifications”:
Step 5: Click the three dots and choose Block, Edit or Remove options:
Remove Push Notifications on Firefox
Step 1: Go to Firefox Options.
Step 2: Go to “Settings”, type “notifications” in the search bar and click "Settings":
Step 3: Click “Remove” on any site you wish notifications gone and click “Save Changes”
Stop Push Notifications on Opera
Step 1: In Opera, press ALT+P to go to Settings
Step 2: In Setting search, type “Content” to go to Content Settings.
Step 3: Open Notifications:
Step 4: Do the same as you did with Google Chrome (explained below):
Eliminate Push Notifications on Safari
Step 1: Open Safari Preferences.
Step 2: Choose the domain from where you like push pop-ups gone and change to "Deny" from "Allow".