The Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect is a common web malware which is featured both as a website redirect and a browser hijacker. This means that it can use all popular spread tactics in order to infect as many victims as possible. A common method is to coordinate the creation and spread of phishing emails which are sent in a SPAM-like manner to the intended recipients. In the message contents the redirect code, some of the examples can also attach the dangerous files. A related mechanism is the creation of malware sites which will pose as legitimate Internet pages across all popular types: download portals, search engines, software landing pages and etc. They can be hosted on similar domain names to well-known sites and self-signed or stolen security certificates.
Such viruses are also capable of being inserted into payload carriers — the most popular ones are application installers and infected documents. They can be spread over file-sharing networks — they are used to spread both legitimate and pirate content. Large campaigns can be orchestrated by including the virus installation code into browser hijackers and redirects which can be found mostly on the relevant plugin repositories.
When the Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect has impacted the machine it will attempt to change the default settings of the installed web browsers in order to automatically start the page when they are opened. Upon visiting the page for the first time tracking cookies will be placed in the browsers. They will monitor the users behavior across the site and report back on their activity to the operators at once.
There are several popular malware scenarios which are explored by redirects:
- Information Harvesting — The engine can extract personal information that can reveal a lot about the users and the infected machine themselves. This is done by a special engine which is programmed to extract certain strings that can relate to the victims: their name, address, phone number and even stored account data.
- Windows Registry Changes — Some advanced forms of viruses can lead to modifications of registry values stored in the Windows Registry. This can lead to performance issues, data loss and application errors.
- Boot Changes — The main redirect engine can be started every time the computer is booted. It can also disable access to the recovery boot menus and options thereby making most manual user removal guides non-working. To make it an even more dangerous threat and difficult threat to remove the engine can also identify and remove backups and restore points.
- Additional Malware Installation — The redirect infection can be used as a conduit for installing other threats on the infected computers. This is partly due to the fact that security bypass functions can be included in the redirect’s installation scripts.
Depending on the local conditions the pattern can shift and other malware actions can also take place.
|Short Description||Monitornotifyfriends.info is a web page, caused by a browser hijacker. It is unwanted, because it may lead you to dangerous sites.|
|Symptoms||Your web browser may start to behave in a strange way. You may receive redirects and other types of ads and your PC’s performance may sharply decline.|
|Distribution Method||Bundled downloads. Web pages which may advertise it.|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect |
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect.|
Monitornotifyfriends.info – HOW Did I Get It
The Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect is a common web infection which is commonly found across Internet browser hijackers. They are malicious plugins which are made compatible with the most popular software. Another possible source of infections is the installation of PUPs which are potentially unwanted software. They are designed to appear as legitimate software however upon running them the redirect files will be placed in the victim’s computer and started.
Beware of phishing emails that may pose as legitimate services and attempt to coerce the victims into interacting with them which will eventually lead to a redirect installation.
Such redirects can be spread via malicious sites that aim to persuade the visitors into thinking that they have accessed a legitimate and safe web page. They are usually hosted on similar sounding domain names to well-known sites and may include forged or stolen security certificates.
Various payload delivery methods can be used to spread the Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect to the intended victims. There are two main types:
- Infected Documents — The hackers can embed the necessary scrips that will lead to the infection in the most common document file types: presentations, spreadsheets, text documents and databases. When they are opened by the victims a prompt will ask for permissions to run them. The quoted reason is that this is required in order to view the contents of the files.
- Malware Software Bundles — The criminals behind the Monitornotifyfriends.info redirect can place the installation code in application installers of popular software. They are spread using various methods and are very difficult to detect.
The redirect related files can be spread via file sharing networks of which BitTorrent is currently the most popular one. Another frequently used method is the integration of the relevant code into browser hijackers which are malicious extensions made for the most popular web browsers. They are posted with fake user reviews and developer credentials in order to coerce the visitors into downloading and installing them.
Monitornotifyfriends.info – What Does It DO
The Monitornotifyfriends.info is a classic browser-based redirect which will redirect the victims to this hacker-controlled page every time the web browser is run. This can lead to dangerous behavior as soon as the users start to interact with the site:
- Tracking of their Internet activity
- Advertising content such as pop-ups, banners, text links and etc
- Deployment of other malicious infections: Trojans, ransomware and etc
Such redirects are very useful for launching cryptocurrency miners which will take advantage of the available hardware resources in order to generate cryptocurrency for the hackers.
One of the most dangerous effects of having this redirect active is that it can automatically track the users and their web activity. Having access to the web browser means that the active malware will be able to hijack all stored data within: cookies, history, bookmarks, settings and even stored account credentials. All hijacked data will be automatically uploaded to the servers operated by the hackers.
How to REMOVE Monitornotifyfriends.info
The removal of Monitornotifyfriends.info may be a very tricky process, because of the fact that the unwanted program introducing this scam page may have files spread all of your hard drive. This is the main reason why we strongly advise you to follow the removal steps below. They are made so that if the problem persists after step 1 and 2, you can use a powerful anti-malware software(recommended). Be advised that security professionals often advise victims to remove this adware via an advanced anti-malware program. This will help save you significant time and will make sure that all of the persistent files and objects of Monitornotifyfriends.info are fully gone from your PC.