The Ondeletrofi.info redirect is a web browser hijacker and dangerous site which are currently distributed in an active attack campaign. As most of the infections happen through the web browsers as soon as the virus is deployed it can change the settings of the programs. Malicious actions such as data harvesting and the execution of malicious actions can take place. Our guide shows how users can effectively attempt to remove any active infections.
|Short Description||Ondeletrofi.info is a web page, caused by a browser hijacker. It is unwanted, because it may lead you to dangerous sites.|
|Symptoms||Your web browser may start to behave in a strange way. You may receive redirects and other types of ads and your PC’s performance may sharply decline.|
|Distribution Method||Bundled downloads. Web pages which may advertise it.|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by Ondeletrofi.info redirect |
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Ondeletrofi.info redirect.|
Ondeletrofi.info — HOW Did I Get It
The Ondeletrofi.info redirect is newly discovered hijacker and redirect combination threat made by an unknown hacker or criminal group. We anticipate that the several attack methods can be used at once. One of the most popular ones is the sending of phishing emails messages which are sent in bulk and attempt to imitate popular web site notifications. They will manipulate the recipients into thinking that they have received a real message. The Ondeletrofi.info redirect installation script will be started if they interact with the contents.
Users can acquire the redirect by clicking on phishing web sites — they copy well-known Internet portals, company pages and etc. The infection code is placed in various elements on these pages. These sites are hosted on domain names that very sound very similar to legitimate services.
Ondeletrofi.info redirect infections may be caused by opening contaminated file carriers. Two of the most popular types are the following:
- Dangerous Documents — The criminals can craft malicious macros in all popular file types. They will be run as soon as the command is given. All popular formats can be used: presentations, databases, spreadsheets and text files.
- Bundle Software Installers — The Ondeletrofi.info installation code can be integrated in setup packages of popular software. Commonly the hackers will embed the necessary code into applications such as the following: creativity suites, system utilities, productivity apps and even computer games.
One of the most common ways to get infected with this threat is to install malware browser plugins, which are also known as “hijackers”. They are commonly uploaded to to plugin repositories using stolen or hacker-made user reviews and developer credentials. The posted descriptions commonly promise new features addition or performance optimizations. Often they are accompanied with videos and long text offers.
Ondeletrofi.info – What Does It DO
As soon as the Ondeletrofi.info redirect infection has been installed it will start its sequence of built-in modules. One of the first components that are run is the information gathering one. Once started it will scan the contaminated computer and extract detailed information about the users and their machines. This is done by searching for specific information that can expose the victim’s identity and a complete profile of their computers. The gathered data sets can be used for identity theft and other crimes.
The infection engine based on the gathered information may scan the system for any security software that can block the Ondeletrofi.info redirect. This includes applications like anti-virus programs, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, virtual machine hosts and etc. They can be bypassed or entirely removed.
After the successful intrusion has been made the main engine can modify the boot settings. If this is done the malware will be started every time the computer is powered on. In some cases it can even block access to the recovery boot options.
Any other malicious components will be launched if it is included in the sequence. Some of the complex variants are known to cause Windows Registry changes by creating new ones specifically for the redirect or modifying existing ones. As a result the users may experience severe performance issues, data loss and unexpected errors.
Most of the browser hijackers of this type will modify the settings of the installed web browsers in order to redirect them to a certain hacker-controlled site or specific contents. There are several possible consequences:
- Adware Presentation — For every displayed or clicked on ad the hackers will receive income.
- Cryptocurrency Miners — These are dangerous small-sized scripts which will download a sequence of mathematical tasks. They will place a heavy toll on the performance of the computers and the core components of the systems: the CPU, memory, hard disk space and etc. For every reported sample back to the operators the criminals will receive cryptocurrency in compensation which will be directly transferred to their digital wallets.
- Additional Malware Delivery — Other viruses can also be spread to the victims by using the Ondeletrofi.info redirect as conduit.
- Users Tracking — As soon as the dangerous site is visited tracking cookies and other technologies which aim to create a complete profile of the victims. This information can be stored in large databases that can group the data from various redirects. It can later be sold to interested parties or uploaded to the dark web for further criminal use.
How to REMOVE Ondeletrofi.info
The removal of Ondeletrofi.info may be a very tricky process, because of the fact that the unwanted program introducing this scam page may have files spread all of your hard drive. This is the main reason why we strongly advise you to follow the removal steps below. They are made so that if the problem persists after step 1 and 2, you can use a powerful anti-malware software(recommended). Be advised that security professionals often advise victims to remove this adware via an advanced anti-malware program. This will help save you significant time and will make sure that all of the persistent files and objects of Ondeletrofi.info are fully gone from your PC.