Vid Adblock is adware that looks quite useful at first – it blocks YouTube ads and allows you to watch videos undisturbed. Malware experts, however, classify it as a potentially unwanted program (PUP).
How Does Vid Adblock Work?
Vid Adlock is advertised as a program capable of blocking the ads on YouTube videos, thus ensuring your flawless viewing experience.
In addition to that feature, however, Vid Adlock reveals many others that give a good reason to malware experts to categorize the program as a PUP. Once installed, Vid Adlock may show the following features:
- It will display various pop-up ads of recommended goods, services and updates, in-text links and banners on websites you open – whether you want them or not;
- Random web page content may be turned into hyperlinks;
- The pop-up ads will redirect you to unverified websites that may be corrupted, thus clicking on these ads may expose your system to outer threats;
- Additional adware may get installed on your PC without your knowledge.
As you can see, all of the above features are rather irritating, and even unhealthy for your computer as Vid Adlock is designed mainly to make money via generating web traffic to other suspicious websites.
How Does Vid Adblock Enter Your PC?
Typically, adware programs enter your system either via their official websites or bundled with other free programs or software apps users often download.
Vid Adblock is no exception. This program is usually bundled with freeware such as software apps and updates. The tricky part about bundling is that when users download freeware, they often fail to uncheck the ‘bundling’ during the installation process as it’s usually unclearly stated. This way, they end up with unwanted adware on their PCs.
In order to avoid installing PUPs on your computer, you must always watch the installation process of any program closely:
- always opt for custom installation;
- disable ‘recommended’ or ‘default’ settings;
- uncheck programs and features you haven’t heard anything about;
- select advanced or custom options.
Otherwise, you risk getting yourself unwanted programs that will not only disturb your online routine, but would put your system at serious risk.
Should You Remove Vid Adblock?
Yes. If you have noticed ads “brought to you by Vid Adblock,” or any of the symptoms described above, you must take measures to remove the program from your system – just to be safe.
You can remove Vid Adblock by following our manual instructions below. You can also install a trustworthy anti-malware program that will eliminate Vid Adblock for you.
Spy Hunter FREE scanner will only detect the threat. If you want the threat to be automatically removed, you need to purchase the full version of the malware tool.