Browsers Protector is a freeware product developed by PerformerSoft/Bit89 Inc. The browser plug-in is promoted as a useful tool that will protect the browser from hijackers, and unwanted home page and search provider alterations. However, users should be aware that Browsers Protector is a potentially unwanted application in nature, and as such, it may expose the user to certain issues. Browsers Protector may be available for download on legitimate pages, or may have been included in the packages of other free software products.
Browsers Protector General Description
- Browsers Protector may be promoted as a valuable application, but users should keep in mind that its disadvantages may outweigh any promised services.
- For starters, Browsers Protector is developed by PerformerSoft/Bit89 Inc that can be described as a third party software development company. PerformerSoft/Bit89 Inc has created many monetization platforms and applications with the sole purpose to generate revenue.
- Browsers Protector may be bundled with browser hijackers and rogue providers. Users should be extra careful when downloading free software and always select the custom installer. To deselect added pieces, just choose the advanced option.
Browsers Protector Risk Evaluation
- Once installed on a computer, Browsers Protector may contribute to some problems with the system.
Such plug-ins may alter the browser’s settings without the user’s knowledge or consent. This might lead to browser’s occasional crashes and freezes.
- Besides browser misbehavior, the user may witness problems with his PC’s system. Some researchers suspect that Browsers Protector and similar apps mess with the registry keys, adding new or deleting current entries. Such changes may affect the computer’s performance.
- Lastly, the prolonged running of third party software on a computer may be troublesome. The longer Browsers Protector is functioning in the background of the system, the more vulnerable it becomes.
Browsers Protector Removal Options
The most secure way to rid the system of the suspicious plug-in is running a full scan with the help of a trustworthy AV tool. Such a tool will continue to shield the system against malware for a determined period. After the time expires, frequently updating the tool is desired so that the PC stays protected.
Have a look at the step-by-step below the article to solve the problem.
Spy Hunter scanner will only detect the threat. If you want the threat to be automatically removed, you need to purchase the full version of the anti-malware tool.Find Out More About SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool / How to Uninstall SpyHunter