An application by Crossrider platform, HDview is classified as adware by malware experts. HDview is not to be confused with the legitimate piece of software created by Microsoft Researched that is designed to enhance online media. The HDview goes under the same name, but it is primarily used to deliver numerous advertisements to the affected computer. The pop-up and banner ads displayed by HDview may disrupt the user’s browsing routine and even link him to potentially unsafe web locations if clicked on. This is why security analysts recommend the removal of HDview and similar adware programs with the help of a trusted anti-spyware tool.
HDview – Distribution Techniques
HDview adware uses freeware packages as a distribution method in order to infiltrate the user’s system and display numerous advertisements. Such installations are easily overlooked since many users just click on the “Next” button until the software installation process is done. Experts recommend selecting the Advanced options instead, where any additional plug-in or application can be un-checked. Make sure to choose your download sources carefully and never open email attachments you are not expecting.
- HDview is automatically launched every time you start Windows
- HDview may also modify the settings of your browser and alter the currently set homepage and search engine
- HDview is designed to deliver sponsored advertisements and redirect users to predetermined web pages
- Reportedly, other extensions by Crossrider platform include background processes to update, monitor and download new features automatically
- HDview may also track specific information on the affected computer, including browsing activity, search entries, IP address and information entered on social media websites. The collected data may be transferred to third parties for the purposes of targeted advertising.
How to Remove HDview from Your Computer?
HDview is not a virus, yet experts recommend its removal from the affected machine since its presence on your computer may lead to further exposure to various security issues. HDview can be deleted manually or via trusted anti-malware utility. Below you will find detailed instructions on how to remove HDview from your PC permanently.
Spy Hunter FREE scanner will only detect the threat. If you want the threat to be automatically removed, you need to purchase the full version of the anti-malware tool. Find Out More About SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool