The Local Scavenger Toolbar is an application created by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. That is compatible with all the major web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE, etc.) Despite its seemingly useful functionality, Local Scavenger Toolbar is classified as a potentially unwanted program, and its removal is advisory. The toolbar is known to have adware capabilities and fill the user’s browser with numerous advertisements that are both intrusive and possibly unsafe. Their main purpose is to generate online traffic for certain web pages. The toolbar can be removed manually or with a competent anti-malware tool.
How Is Local Scavenger Toolbar Distributed?
The Local Scavenger Toolbar can be downloaded online, but it can also end up on your PC bundled with other freeware you’ve installed recently. In most cases, additional plug-ins, apps, toolbars, and add-ons are inadequately disclosed in the standard installation options. If you want to prevent their “stealth” infiltration, you are advised to select the Advanced options and un-tick any unwanted programs.
Local Scavenger Toolbar’s Symptoms
- Local Scavenger Toolbar injects a variety of third-party ads in the pages you view. They may present various security issues to your system because most of them link to websites with unverified content.
- Local Scavenger Toolbar may change the search engine you have currently set to Ask.com. The latter has a bad reputation, and its use is not recommended.
- Local Scavenger Toolbar can read certain information about your browsing activities, visited web pages, performed searches, and other personally non-identifiable data. The information tracking process serves mainly the purposes of targeted advertisement.
Local Scavenger Toolbar Removal Manual
Local Scavenger Toolbar is not a virus, yet its removal may turn out to be tricky for the less technical PC users. Local Scavenger Toolbar can be deleted manually, or with the assistance of a reliable anti-spyware application. The manual below will help you remove Local Scavenger Toolbar from your computer step by step.
Spy Hunter scanner will only detect the threat. If you want the threat to be automatically removed, you need to purchase the full version of the anti-malware tool.Find Out More About SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool / How to Uninstall SpyHunter
- Guide 1: How to Remove Local Scavenger Toolbar from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of Local Scavenger Toolbar from Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove Local Scavenger Toolbar from Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase Local Scavenger Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall Local Scavenger Toolbar from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove Local Scavenger Toolbar from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate Local Scavenger Toolbar from Internet Explorer.
How to Remove Local Scavenger Toolbar from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove Local Scavenger Toolbar
Step 2: Uninstall Local Scavenger Toolbar and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by Local Scavenger Toolbar on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by Local Scavenger Toolbar there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of Local Scavenger Toolbar from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall Local Scavenger Toolbar and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Local Scavenger Toolbar via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove malware from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts, programs and malware, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. Combo Cleaner offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove Local Scavenger Toolbar from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase Local Scavenger Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall Local Scavenger Toolbar from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove Local Scavenger Toolbar from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the Local Scavenger Toolbar will be removed.
Eliminate Local Scavenger Toolbar from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.