Pronto App is software designed for Macs to contribute to the way you use your machine and improve it. However, what many users do not know is that there have been multiple reports concerning Pronto App. Those reports all indicate that Pronto App may claim that it is a helful app, but may also show advertisements that could lead you to risky sites, making it indirectly hazardous for your Mac. Read this article if you want to learn how you can remove Pronto Mac app and how you can stop these ads.
|Type||Unwanted App for Mac OS|
|Short Description||An ad-supported application that may display a lot of different ads to your computer.|
|Symptoms||Pronto App could show all types of pop-ups, redirects, banners and other ads may begin to show up.|
|Distribution Method||Via software bundling or another form of download.|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware |
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Pronto App.|
Pronto App for Mac – How Did I Get It and What Does It Do?
The distribution ways via which the Pronto App could begin to spread onto computers are more than one. You could download the suspicious app on your Mac, thinking it is a legitimate application of some sort that will help. If you do not remember downloading this app, however, then another way via which it could have entered your Mac is to likely be added to the installer of another app. This can happen somewhere in the install steps of another third-party app, where Pronto App could appear as a “optional offer” added to the installation.
No matter what way has been used by the app to sneak into your system, one thing is for sure – this application could end up showing ads on your Mac eventually. The ads that could be displayed by Pronto App can be of the following types:
- Pop-ups that may contain animations and sound.
- Redirects to different pages.
- Changed banners that show even if you have an AdBlocker added to your Mac.
- Redirects to sites that ask you to allow push notifications and start showing pop-ups eventually.
- Ad-supported search engines that may appear on your Home and New Tab and may show sarch results that are ads, instead of objective ones.
The app can show these ads in a pay-per-click or some other scheme, that generates its creators revenue per a user visiting those advertised sites. The bad news here is that not all of those websites could be legitimate and some of them can carry more than a few risks to your Mac. Some of the main risks associated with those sites are:
- Malware infection of your Mac.
- Scam sites to scam you out of your data.
- Phishing sites to extract your usernames and passwords.
- These sites are the main reason to consider apps, like Pronto App for Mac to be indirectly dangerous to your device.
How to Remove Pronto App from Mac
If you want to remove Pronto App completely from your Mac, we would strongly advise you to guide yourself by the removal steps down below. They are created with the sole purpose to help out with the removal of Pronto App. Be advised that such application often create files in the /Libraries directory and other directories as well and these leftover files can remain after deleting Pronto App. This is why, for full removal of this app, it is required to use an advanced malware scanner and removal software. Such cleaner can detect and remove all files that have been detected by Pronto App and make sure they are gone permanently.
Before starting to follow the steps below, be advised that you should first do the following preparations:
- Backup your files in case the worst happens.
- Make sure to have a device with these instructions on standy.
- Arm yourself with patience.
Step 1: Uninstall Pronto App and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Pronto App via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Remove Pronto App – related extensions from Safari / Chrome / Firefox
Step 3: Scan for and remove Pronto App files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as Pronto App, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.