The Donaldbluepage.icu redirect is a web browser hijacker and dangerous site combination which are currently distributed in an active attack campaign. As most of the infections happen through the web browsers as soon as the virus is deployed it can change the settings of the programs. Malicious actions such as data harvesting and the execution of malicious actions can take place. Our guide shows how users can effectively attempt to remove any active infections.
|Short Description||Donaldbluepage.icu is a web page, caused by a browser hijacker. It is unwanted, because it may lead you to dangerous sites.|
|Symptoms||Your web browser may start to behave in a strange way. You may receive redirects and other types of ads and your PC’s performance may sharply decline.|
|Distribution Method||Bundled downloads. Web pages which may advertise it.|
See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Donaldbluepage.icu.|
Donaldbluepage.icu — HOW Did I Get It
Donaldbluepage.icu redirect is malicious web browser hijacker and redirect combination which is currently set against users worldwide. At the moment we do not know who is behind it – a hacker or a group of criminals. Malware like it can spread using different methods. Comonly this includes the sending of phishing emails messages which are sent like SPAM. They are email notifications that are designed to imitate popular web sites. They aim to persuade the users into thinking that they have received a legitimate message from them. The virus code in the contents willl start the Donaldbluepage.icu redirect installation script.
End targets can acquire the redirect by clicking on hacker-created phishing web sites which copy well-known Internet portals, company pages and etc containing the malicious code. These sites are hosted on domain names that are similar to the legitimate pages and can even include security certificates and watermarks.
Donaldbluepage.icu redirect infections may be caused by interacting with file carriers. Two of the most popular types are the following:
- Macro-Infected Documents — The Donaldbluepage.icu installation code is embedded as macros in documents. They will be run as soon as the command is given. Practically all popular formats can be affected: presentations, databases, spreadsheets and text files.
- Bundle Software Installers — The Donaldbluepage.icu installation code can be integrated in setup packages of popular software. Commonly the hackers will embed the necessary code into applications such as the following: creativity suites, system utilities, productivity apps and even computer games.
A likely way to get infected with this threat is to download and install infected browser plugins or “hijackers”. They are often uploaded to their repositories using stolen or hacker-made user reviews and developer credentials. The posted descriptions will promise new features addition or performance optimizations.
Donaldbluepage.icu – What Does It DO
As soon as the Donaldbluepage.icu redirect infection has been installed it will start a malware sequence of modules. One of the first components that are run is the information gathering one. Its purpose is to scan the contents of the computer and gather information about the users and their machines. This is done by searching for specific strings that can expose the victim’s identity. The data is also useful for creating a complete profile of the installed hardware components. The gathered data sets can be used for identity theft and other related crimes.
The infection engine based on this data may scan the system for the presence of security software that can block the Donaldbluepage.icu redirect. This includes applications like anti-virus programs, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, virtual machine hosts and etc. They can be bypassed or entirely removed.
Following the successful intrusion of the threat the main engine can commit boot settings changes. If this is done the malware will be started every time the computer is powered on. In some cases it can even block access to the recovery boot options, this makes following most manual user removal guides useless as they depend on them.
Any other malicious components will be launched if it is included in the prescribed sequence. Some of the more complex redirect samples are known to cause Windows Registry changes by creating new ones specifically for the redirect or modifying existing ones. As a result the users may experience severe performance issues, data loss and unexpected errors.
Most of the browser hijackers of this type will modify the settings of the installed web browsers in order to redirect them to a certain hacker-controlled site or specific contents. There are several possible consequences:
- Adware Presentation — For every displayed or clicked on ad the hackers will receive income.
- Cryptocurrency Miners — These are dangerous small-sized scripts which will download a sequence of mathematical tasks. They will place a heavy toll on the performance of the computers and the core components of the systems: the CPU, memory, hard disk space and etc. For every reported sample back to the operators the criminals will receive cryptocurrency in compensation which will be directly transferred to their digital wallets.
- Additional Malware Delivery — Other viruses can also be spread to the victims by using the Donaldbluepage.icu redirect as conduit.
- Users Tracking — As soon as the dangerous site is visited tracking cookies and other technologies which aim to create a complete profile of the victims. This information can be stored in large databases that can group the data from various redirects. It can later be sold to interested parties or uploaded to the dark web for further criminal use.
How to REMOVE Donaldbluepage.icu
The removal of Donaldbluepage.icu may be a very tricky process, because of the fact that the unwanted program introducing this scam page may have files spread all of your hard drive. This is the main reason why we strongly advise you to follow the removal steps below. They are made so that if the problem persists after step 1 and 2, you can use a powerful anti-malware software(recommended). Be advised that security professionals often advise victims to remove this adware via an advanced anti-malware program. This will help save you significant time and will make sure that all of the persistent files and objects of Donaldbluepage.icu are fully gone from your PC.
- Guide 1: How to Remove Donaldbluepage.icu from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of Donaldbluepage.icu on Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove Donaldbluepage.icu in Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase Donaldbluepage.icu from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall Donaldbluepage.icu from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove Donaldbluepage.icu from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate Donaldbluepage.icu from Internet Explorer.
- Guide 8: Disable Donaldbluepage.icu Push Notifications in Your Browsers.
How to Remove Donaldbluepage.icu from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove Donaldbluepage.icu
Step 2: Uninstall Donaldbluepage.icu and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by Donaldbluepage.icu on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by Donaldbluepage.icu there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of Donaldbluepage.icu from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall Donaldbluepage.icu and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Donaldbluepage.icu via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove Donaldbluepage.icu files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as Donaldbluepage.icu, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove Donaldbluepage.icu from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase Donaldbluepage.icu from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall Donaldbluepage.icu from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove Donaldbluepage.icu from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the Donaldbluepage.icu will be removed.
Eliminate Donaldbluepage.icu from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.
Remove Push Notifications caused by Donaldbluepage.icu from Your Browsers.
Turn Off Push Notifications from Google Chrome
To disable any Push Notices from Google Chrome browser, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Go to Settings in Chrome.
Step 2: In Settings, select “Advanced Settings”:
Step 3: Click “Content Settings”:
Step 4: Open “Notifications”:
Step 5: Click the three dots and choose Block, Edit or Remove options:
Remove Push Notifications on Firefox
Step 1: Go to Firefox Options.
Step 2: Go to “Settings”, type “notifications” in the search bar and click "Settings":
Step 3: Click “Remove” on any site you wish notifications gone and click “Save Changes”
Stop Push Notifications on Opera
Step 1: In Opera, press ALT+P to go to Settings
Step 2: In Setting search, type “Content” to go to Content Settings.
Step 3: Open Notifications:
Step 4: Do the same as you did with Google Chrome (explained below):
Eliminate Push Notifications on Safari
Step 1: Open Safari Preferences.
Step 2: Choose the domain from where you like push pop-ups gone and change to "Deny" from "Allow".