The Donaldbluepage.icu redirect is a web browser hijacker and dangerous site combination which are currently distributed in an active attack campaign. As most of the infections happen through the web browsers as soon as the virus is deployed it can change the settings of the programs. Malicious actions such as data harvesting and the execution of malicious actions can take place. Our guide shows how users can effectively attempt to remove any active infections.
|Short Description||Donaldbluepage.icu is a web page, caused by a browser hijacker. It is unwanted, because it may lead you to dangerous sites.|
|Symptoms||Your web browser may start to behave in a strange way. You may receive redirects and other types of ads and your PC’s performance may sharply decline.|
|Distribution Method||Bundled downloads. Web pages which may advertise it.|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by Donaldbluepage.icu |
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Donaldbluepage.icu.|
Donaldbluepage.icu — HOW Did I Get It
Donaldbluepage.icu redirect is malicious web browser hijacker and redirect combination which is currently set against users worldwide. At the moment we do not know who is behind it – a hacker or a group of criminals. Malware like it can spread using different methods. Comonly this includes the sending of phishing emails messages which are sent like SPAM. They are email notifications that are designed to imitate popular web sites. They aim to persuade the users into thinking that they have received a legitimate message from them. The virus code in the contents willl start the Donaldbluepage.icu redirect installation script.
End targets can acquire the redirect by clicking on hacker-created phishing web sites which copy well-known Internet portals, company pages and etc containing the malicious code. These sites are hosted on domain names that are similar to the legitimate pages and can even include security certificates and watermarks.
Donaldbluepage.icu redirect infections may be caused by interacting with file carriers. Two of the most popular types are the following:
- Macro-Infected Documents — The Donaldbluepage.icu installation code is embedded as macros in documents. They will be run as soon as the command is given. Practically all popular formats can be affected: presentations, databases, spreadsheets and text files.
- Bundle Software Installers — The Donaldbluepage.icu installation code can be integrated in setup packages of popular software. Commonly the hackers will embed the necessary code into applications such as the following: creativity suites, system utilities, productivity apps and even computer games.
A likely way to get infected with this threat is to download and install infected browser plugins or “hijackers”. They are often uploaded to their repositories using stolen or hacker-made user reviews and developer credentials. The posted descriptions will promise new features addition or performance optimizations.
Donaldbluepage.icu – What Does It DO
As soon as the Donaldbluepage.icu redirect infection has been installed it will start a malware sequence of modules. One of the first components that are run is the information gathering one. Its purpose is to scan the contents of the computer and gather information about the users and their machines. This is done by searching for specific strings that can expose the victim’s identity. The data is also useful for creating a complete profile of the installed hardware components. The gathered data sets can be used for identity theft and other related crimes.
The infection engine based on this data may scan the system for the presence of security software that can block the Donaldbluepage.icu redirect. This includes applications like anti-virus programs, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, virtual machine hosts and etc. They can be bypassed or entirely removed.
Following the successful intrusion of the threat the main engine can commit boot settings changes. If this is done the malware will be started every time the computer is powered on. In some cases it can even block access to the recovery boot options, this makes following most manual user removal guides useless as they depend on them.
Any other malicious components will be launched if it is included in the prescribed sequence. Some of the more complex redirect samples are known to cause Windows Registry changes by creating new ones specifically for the redirect or modifying existing ones. As a result the users may experience severe performance issues, data loss and unexpected errors.
Most of the browser hijackers of this type will modify the settings of the installed web browsers in order to redirect them to a certain hacker-controlled site or specific contents. There are several possible consequences:
- Adware Presentation — For every displayed or clicked on ad the hackers will receive income.
- Cryptocurrency Miners — These are dangerous small-sized scripts which will download a sequence of mathematical tasks. They will place a heavy toll on the performance of the computers and the core components of the systems: the CPU, memory, hard disk space and etc. For every reported sample back to the operators the criminals will receive cryptocurrency in compensation which will be directly transferred to their digital wallets.
- Additional Malware Delivery — Other viruses can also be spread to the victims by using the Donaldbluepage.icu redirect as conduit.
- Users Tracking — As soon as the dangerous site is visited tracking cookies and other technologies which aim to create a complete profile of the victims. This information can be stored in large databases that can group the data from various redirects. It can later be sold to interested parties or uploaded to the dark web for further criminal use.
How to REMOVE Donaldbluepage.icu
The removal of Donaldbluepage.icu may be a very tricky process, because of the fact that the unwanted program introducing this scam page may have files spread all of your hard drive. This is the main reason why we strongly advise you to follow the removal steps below. They are made so that if the problem persists after step 1 and 2, you can use a powerful anti-malware software(recommended). Be advised that security professionals often advise victims to remove this adware via an advanced anti-malware program. This will help save you significant time and will make sure that all of the persistent files and objects of Donaldbluepage.icu are fully gone from your PC.