The article will help you to remove Obtenez Email fully. Follow the browser hijacker removal instructions given at the end of the article.
Obtenez Email is the main page that will show up when you open a new tab page if you have the related browser hijacker redirect installed on your computer machine. The company which developed it is called Polarity Technologies which is known previously as SaferBrowser, before its rebranding. The unwanted Obtenez Email hijacker modifies the new tab window, homepage, and search engine for all browser applications that you have. The main page of a browser may also feature a toolbar and browsers may get an extension related to the hijacker.
|Type||Browser Hijacker, PUP|
|Short Description||The hijacker redirect can alter the homepage, search engine and new tab on every browser application you have installed.|
|Symptoms||The homepage, new tab and search engine of all your browsers will be switched to the hijacker’s main page. You will be redirected and could see sponsored content.|
|Distribution Method||Freeware Installations, Bundled Packages|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by Obtenez Email |
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Obtenez Email.|
Obtenez Email Redirect – Distribution
The Obtenez Email redirect is a malicious software that is distributed using the most popular tactics. The aim of the hackers behind it is to persuade as many targets as possible in order to install it.
A popular tactic is the use of SPAM email messages that pose as legitimate messages that have been sent by popular Internet services, companies or sites that the users might use. They use hijacked contents, design elements and can imitate the style of the real emails to an almost indistinguishable extent. the virus files that lead to the infection can be either attached directly or linked in the body contents.
To increase the number of infected users malware sites can also be constructed. They will impersonate official vendor download sites or popular Internet portals by persuading them into believing that they have accessed a real site. Another way is the use of file-sharing networks such as BitTorrent to distribute the dangerous threat.
The infections can be caused by interaction with infected payload delivery mechanisms of which there are two popular example:
- Malware Documents — Using infected documents can lead to the browser redirect infection. The installation code is made part of the macros scripts that are requested to be run when the users open the files. If they allow them to run the installation will take place. All popular types can be infected: rich text documents, spreadsheets, presentations and databases.
- App Install Bundles — The Obtenez Email redirect be installed alongside setup files of popular software. The criminals will modify the acquired legitimate installers and include the redirect code in them.
Still one of the most widely used ways is to create malware browser plugins that will reconfigure the most popular web browsers into redirecting the users to the hacker-controlled servers. They are uploaded to the relevant browser repositories using fake developer credentials and user reviews. When they are installed usually the preset behavior patterns will be executed — the manipulation of the browser settings and deployment of all other associated threats.
Obtenez Email Redirect – Behavior Analysis
Whenever the Obtenez email redirect is installed depending on the exact configuration of the strain it may offer the installation of other malware plugins as well. In our test scenario we reviewed that this is the case with another famous redirect called Search Encrypt.
The security reports indicate that one of the main goals of this threat is the payload delivery of other viruses. This means that the hackers behind it can customize it to install any of the following threats:
- Miners — These scripts will take advantage of the available system resources to carry out complex calculations. When they are reported to the hacker-controlled servers the actors will be rewarded with digital cash in the form of cryptocurrency.
- Ransomware — These viruses will encrypt personal files according to a built-in list of target extensions. The victims will be extorted for payment in return for a fraud recovery.
- Trojans — They can take over control of the computers and spy on the users. File harvesting is almost always performed.
One of the most important processes that are performed during the initial infection is the data extraction — the associated engine will hijack information that can be grouped into two main categories. The first one can directly expose the personal information and identity of the victim users by searching for strings such as the following: their name, phone number, address, location, interests and any stored account credentials. The other group of hijacked data can help the hackers optimize the infections and assign an unique victim ID. Usually this is done by acquiring a report on the installed hardware components, user settings and operating system conditions.
Depending on the exact configuration the modular engine may also execute certain stealth protection steps — they will neutralize, bypass or remove security software and settings that can interrupt the infection. Following the completion of this stage the Obtenez Email redirect will change the browser settings in order to redirect the users to a scam search engine. It is designed to appear as a standard web service however its use may lead to numerous privacy and security problems such as the following:
- Redirects — By using the search engine the users may be redirected to results that will not show the best possible pages for the entered query. As a result they can be easily scammed into fake ads, virus infections and other threats.
- Bundle Installations — By using the various menu options and redirects the Obtenez email redirect may also lead to infections with various malware.
- Intrusive Advertising — One of the most dangerous characteristics of this type of infections is the fact that the compromised web browsers can be easily manipulated.
- Email address
- IP address
- Home address (mailing address)
- Search queries and all data you type in searches
- Search data and specifics of searches
- URLs and clicks
- Browser type
- Your name
- Your geographic location
- Your ISP (Internet Search Provider)
- Communications preferences
- Operating System (and other related data)
We remind our users that browser hjackers like this one have the primary goal of creating a full profile of the victims. The collected data is pooled into databases that are shared between the various hijacker sites.
Remove Obtenez Email Browser Hijacker
To remove Obtenez Email manually from your computer, follow the step-by-step removal instructions given below. In case the manual removal does not get rid of the browser hijacker entirely, you should search for and remove any leftover items with an advanced anti-malware tool. Such software helps keep your computer secure in the future.