The premiumbros.com redirect is a dangerous web threat which takes the form of both web plugins and pages. The hacking group behind it is not known at the moment and in order for the threat to be spread across the intended victims a wide variety of distribution methods can be used. One of the most prevalent tactics is to coordinate email phishing messages which pose as legitimate notifications that have been sent in by well-known companies or services. The body contents and any file attachments will lead to the installation of the Premiumbros.com redirect and hijacker. A very similar method is the creation of web sites that are hosted on similar sounding domain names to well-known Internet sites such as portals, search engines and landing pages. To make them appear as more legitimate they can include stolen or self-signed security certificates.
The installation scripts can also be inserted into payload carriers of which there are two main types — infected documents and application installers. Upon interaction with them the virus infection will follow. All installation related files can be uploaded to file-sharing networks, the most popular one being BitTorrent. The relevant hijacker plugins will be uploaded to the relevant repositories commonly using fake user reviews and developer credentials.
When the Premiumbros.com hijacker is active on a given computer it will modify the settings of the installed web browsers in order to always redirect the users to the given web page.
As soon as the visitors visit the site tracking cookies will be instituted which will monitor all user interactions. This will automatically upload all harvested information to the operators. This user interaction can be shared between many sites that are operated by the hacking group. Like other common infections a sequence of malicious actions will take place, some of them will include the following:
- Information Retrieval — The engine can harvest information that can identify both the users and the machines. This can be used to generate an unique ID that can be assigned to every affected computer. The collected data about the victim users can be used for various crimes including financial abuse and identity theft.
- Security Bypass — Using the acquired information the engine can scan for the presence of any security software that can block the installation. This includes all kinds of anti-virus programs, sandbox environments, virtual machine hosts and etc.
- Windows Registry Changes — This is a common technique which will edit the existing strings found within the Windows Registry. This can lead to data loss, performance issues and problems when accessing certain services and functions.
- Malware Delivery — The made infections can lead to the installation of other threats such as Trojans, miners and other hijackers.
One of the main goals of such hijackers is to present various ads and malicious elements to the visitors. This will lead to income generation for the operators and they can take various forms — banners, pop-ups, text links and etc. All behavior can be altered dynamically as per the instructions of the hackers.
|Short Description||Premiumbros.com is a web page, caused by a browser hijacker. It is unwanted, because it may lead you to dangerous sites.|
|Symptoms||Your web browser may start to behave in a strange way. You may receive redirects and other types of ads and your PC’s performance may sharply decline.|
|Distribution Method||Bundled downloads. Web pages which may advertise it.|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by premiumbros.com redirect |
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss premiumbros.com redirect.|
Premiumbros.com – HOW Did I Get It
The Premiumbros.com redirect is a common web infection which is commonly found across Internet browser hijackers. They are malicious plugins which are made compatible with the most popular software. Another possible source of infections is the installation of PUPs which are potentially unwanted software. They are designed to appear as legitimate software however upon running them the redirect files will be placed in the victim’s computer and started.
Beware of phishing emails that may pose as legitimate services and attempt to coerce the victims into interacting with them which will eventually lead to a redirect installation.
Such redirects can be spread via malicious sites that aim to persuade the visitors into thinking that they have accessed a legitimate and safe web page. They are usually hosted on similar sounding domain names to well-known sites and may include forged or stolen security certificates.
Various payload delivery methods can be used to spread the Premiumbros.com redirect to the intended victims. There are two main types:
- Infected Documents — The hackers can embed the necessary scrips that will lead to the infection in the most common document file types: presentations, spreadsheets, text documents and databases. When they are opened by the victims a prompt will ask for permissions to run them. The quoted reason is that this is required in order to view the contents of the files.
- Malware Software Bundles — The criminals behind the Premiumbros.com redirect can place the installation code in application installers of popular software. They are spread using various methods and are very difficult to detect.
The redirect related files can be spread via file sharing networks of which BitTorrent is currently the most popular one. Another frequently used method is the integration of the relevant code into browser hijackers which are malicious extensions made for the most popular web browsers. They are posted with fake user reviews and developer credentials in order to coerce the visitors into downloading and installing them.
Premiumbros.com – What Does It DO
The Premiumbros.com is a classic browser-based redirect which will redirect the victims to this hacker-controlled page every time the web browser is run. This can lead to dangerous behavior as soon as the users start to interact with the site:
- Tracking of their Internet activity
- Advertising content such as pop-ups, banners, text links and etc
- Deployment of other malicious infections: Trojans, ransomware and etc
Such redirects are very useful for launching cryptocurrency miners which will take advantage of the available hardware resources in order to generate cryptocurrency for the hackers.
One of the most dangerous effects of having this redirect active is that it can automatically track the users and their web activity. Having access to the web browser means that the active malware will be able to hijack all stored data within: cookies, history, bookmarks, settings and even stored account credentials. All hijacked data will be automatically uploaded to the servers operated by the hackers.
How to REMOVE Premiumbros.com
The removal of Premiumbros.com may be a very tricky process, because of the fact that the unwanted program introducing this scam page may have files spread all of your hard drive. This is the main reason why we strongly advise you to follow the removal steps below. They are made so that if the problem persists after step 1 and 2, you can use a powerful anti-malware software(recommended). Be advised that security professionals often advise victims to remove this adware via an advanced anti-malware program. This will help save you significant time and will make sure that all of the persistent files and objects of Premiumbros.com are fully gone from your PC.