TNT EXPRESS Scam Removal
This article has been made to show you to understand what is the TNT EXPRESS scam and how you can try and get rid of the unwanted app that is behind this scam on your PC.
|Type||Fake Tech Support|
|Short Description||Displays a scamming message whose main goal is to get the victim to call the tech support scammers.|
|Symptoms||A fake Web Page appears, headed TNT EXPRESS. Aims to convince victims to call a fake tech support number.|
|Distribution Method||Likely caused by a redirect from a compromised website or a PUP installed on the victim PC.|
See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss TNT EXPRESS.|
TNT EXPRESS Scam – Description
The TNT Express scam is an email-based threat that is currently being pushed against computer end users. It is directed by an unknown hacking group who intends to use it as a payload delivery mechanism for other malware.
The current version of the emial scam impersonates delivery notification from TNT Express, an established and well-known logistics company. The ongoing campaign is distributed with the subject line of Consignment Notification: You Have A Package With Us and has these chararectistics:
- Template-based Messages — All of the sent email messages will be based on a preset template message. The hackers only need to define the recipients.
- Attached Files — A small file will be attached to the email messages which will appear as an archive file or a document. If it is loaded or launched it will initiate the virus scrips.
- Non-Personalized Greeting — These automated messages will not include any names or detailed customer information.
The recipients will be manipulated into thinking that they need to review their address and personal details to receive a package. This actually serves as a hybrid infection mechanism — it will not only scam the victims to install a virus onto their computers, but they may also provide personal information about them. This can be used for various crimes such as identity theft and financial abuse.
The current attack campaign is delivering the Agent Tesla Trojan which is regarded as one of the most dangerous Trojans in this category. It will execute some of the common tactics associated with this type of viruses:
- Information Gathering — The malware can scan the contents of the hard disk and acquire both sensitive information about the victims and stored applications data.
- System Control — Trojans will overtake control of the victim computers and allow the hackers to have access to the hosts. They can use this to spy on the victims, steal their files, and conduct various malicious activities.
- Additional Malware Delivery — Such infections can be used to install other types of malware on the compromised victims.
At any time the hacking group can change the execution sequence. For this reason we recommend that each detected virus strain is removed as fast as possible to prevent further damage to the victims.
Remove TNT EXPRESS Scam and Stop Ads
If you keep seeing ads that say TNT EXPRESS, then we strongly advise you to remove any apps that might be causing such Windows to appear on your computer. The main way to do this is via following the removal steps that are below this article. They have been made to assist you in deleting these pop-ups either by yourself or automatically from your computer. Be advised that the most recommended method for removal is to try and do it according to what security experts advise and that is to run a scan with advanced malware removal software. These programs are designed to specifically scan for such unwanted software and remove it from your PC or Mac for good.
- Guide 1: How to Remove TNT EXPRESS from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of TNT EXPRESS from Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove TNT EXPRESS from Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase TNT EXPRESS from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall TNT EXPRESS from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove TNT EXPRESS from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate TNT EXPRESS from Internet Explorer.
How to Remove TNT EXPRESS from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove TNT EXPRESS
Step 2: Uninstall TNT EXPRESS and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by TNT EXPRESS on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by TNT EXPRESS there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of TNT EXPRESS from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall TNT EXPRESS and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove TNT EXPRESS via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove TNT EXPRESS files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as TNT EXPRESS, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove TNT EXPRESS from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase TNT EXPRESS from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall TNT EXPRESS from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove TNT EXPRESS from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the TNT EXPRESS will be removed.
Eliminate TNT EXPRESS from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.