|Short Description||This app may modify search content and display advertisements.|
|Symptoms||Display of advertised content.|
|Distribution Method||Bundled with third-party software installers or downloaded via redirects.|
|Detection tool||Download SpyHunter, to See If Your System Has Been Affected By Your-home-page.net|
What Is Your-home-page.net?
The Your-home-page.net is a browser hijacker, which means that it will take over your browser once it has been installed on your computer. This intruder can affect Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Once it gets on your computer, it will change your browser’s settings. This will prevent you from browsing the net as you would usually do. Browser hijackers are unreliable programs. They are not only intrusive, but they can also expose your system to various risks. This is why it is recommended that you take measures to remove it as soon as you spot it on your computer.
What Does Your-home-page.net Do?
We already mentioned that Your-home-page.net will change your browser’s settings once it is on your PC. The page itself will become your homepage, and all of your search results will go through it. This will like as a regular search engine. It will also provide some shortcuts for popular websites such as Facebook, Amazon, Twitter, eBay, Yahoo, and others. Even if it does look like it is trustworthy, we do not recommend using. There are a number of security risks related to Your-home-page.net that you need to be aware of.
What Are the Dangers of Your-home-page.net?
The problem with Your-home-page.net is the sponsored links that it will show you. It is possible for some of them to lead to harmful websites. You do not want to be tricked into visiting these. Some of them may use phishing schemes to get you to disclose your personal and financial information. Other websites that are managed by cyber criminals will attempt to transfer some infection onto your system. If this is successful, you will not only experience troubles with your computer’s performance, but your sensitive information is also very likely to be stolen. Due to these risks, removing the browser hijacker from your computer is the best thing to do.
How Did Your-home-page.net Get on My PC?
Browser hijackers such as Your-home-page.net usually infiltrate computers with the use of bundled downloads. In layman’s terms, they are attached to installers of free programs. When downloading freeware from third-party distributors, it is extremely likely that they will have additional software attached to them. This is why you have to be extremely vigilant during the installation process. Do not just click the Next button over and over again. Also, you should always select the Advanced/Custom installation option. This way, you will be able to spot whether any additional software is about to be installed and prevent it from doing so.
How to Remove Your-home-page.net
Your-home-page.net is not malicious itself. This means that removing it should not be a problem. You can uninstall it manually: go to Control Panel and open the list of programs, then search for any unfamiliar or suspicious application, and uninstall them. The hard part is identifying which program is responsible for the browser hijacker. Another thing you should do is to reset the settings on your browser. If you have troubles with manual removal, you can check out the video that we have, it shows exactly what you need to do.
Lastly, if Your-home-page.net has managed to infiltrate your PC, this means that it is not protected. This is not good as other unwanted programs and even malware can also easily make its way onto it. This is why you should seriously consider acquiring a reliable security tool. This will get rid of all unwanted software automatically. It will also ensure that your system is not compromised in the future. This is the best way of making sure that your sensitive data is safe at all times.
Refer to the removal manual below or download an advanced anti-malware protection program.
Spy Hunter scanner will only detect the threat. If you want the threat to be automatically removed, you need to purchase the full version of the anti-malware tool.Find Out More About SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool / How to Uninstall SpyHunter
To manually remove the program and revert your browser:
1. Open the Task Manager in Windows by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete and then choosing Start Task Manager.
2. Locate the malicious processes then mark them with your mouse. Once done, click on End Process.
3. Go to Control Panel
4. Type in the search box Uninstall A Program. Then click on the same text result.
5. Mark the malicious program if there is any.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Right-click on Internet Explorer.
2. Click on Properties from the fall-down menu.
3. Remove the web link after the iexplore.exe if there is any.
4. Right-click on Internet Explorer icon, that should be pinned on the Windows Taskbar.
5. Choose ‘In-Private Browsing’
6. Click on the gear wheel on the top right side under the ‘X’ button.
7. Choose Internet Options.
8. Choose one of the two options – General or Use New Tab and click on Apply on the bottom right side of the window.
For Google Chrome
1. Right-Click on Google Chrome
2. Click on Properties from the fall-down menu.
3. Remove the web link after the chrome.exe in the Target field if there is any.
4. Open Google Chrome.
5. In the address bar type chrome://settings/homepageoverlay
6. Erase any custom added pages or click on Use New Tab Page
7. In the address bar type chrome://settings/startup
8. Click ‘X’on the homepage that you have to remove.
9. In the address bar type chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
10. Click on ClearBrowserData.
11. In the address bar type chrome://extensions
12. Remove any extensions associated with the hijacker.
For Mozilla Firefox
1. Right Click on Mozilla Firefox
2. Click on Properties from the fall-down menu.
3. Remove the web link after firefox.exe in the Target field.
1. Go to Options from the top right fall-down menu.
2. Click on Restore To Default, which is under the homepage field.
3. Go to History.
4. Click on Clear Recent History
5. Tick every option, then click on OK.
- Guide 1: How to Remove Your-home-page.net from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of Your-home-page.net from Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove Your-home-page.net from Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase Your-home-page.net from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall Your-home-page.net from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove Your-home-page.net from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate Your-home-page.net from Internet Explorer.
How to Remove Your-home-page.net from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove Your-home-page.net
Step 2: Uninstall Your-home-page.net and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by Your-home-page.net on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by Your-home-page.net there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of Your-home-page.net from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall Your-home-page.net and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Your-home-page.net via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove malware from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts, programs and malware, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. Combo Cleaner offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove Your-home-page.net from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase Your-home-page.net from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall Your-home-page.net from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove Your-home-page.net from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the Your-home-page.net will be removed.
Eliminate Your-home-page.net from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.