The LiveJasmin Phishing Virus is a popular web threat which is spread across the Internet posing as an official adult videos site. The many virus samples are fake copies and/or attempt to fraud the victims into believing that they have accessed a safe resource. Read our in-depth LiveJasmin Phishing Virus removal guide to learn how to protect yourself from danger.
|Name||LiveJasmin Phishing Virus|
|Type||Redirect, Browser Hijacker|
|Short Description||Redirect Virus that takes advantage of the legitimate and famous Xtube download portal.|
|Symptoms||The symptoms may be ranging from seeing redirects to having symptom-less Trojan on your computer.|
|Distribution Method||Bundled downloads. Web pages which may advertise it.|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by LiveJasmin Phishing Virus |
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss LiveJasmin Phishing Virus.|
LiveJasmin Phishing Virus – How Did I Get It
The LiveJasmin phishing virus is a common web threat which can have various forms dependng on the exact version which is acquired by the victims. At a single time several iterations can be run at a single time. This means that active campaigns can be run by different hacking groups — both experienced and beginner ones. This also leads to the fact that various distribution tactics can be used at a single time.
One of the main strategies used to manipulate the end users into installing this particular threat is the coordination of phishing messages — these are message notifications that will be modeled after the legitimate messages that are sent by the LiveJasmin site — special offers, notifications and etc. The hackers may copy down the exact design and contents of the LiveJasmin site.
The other common phishing tactic is the creation of hacker-made sites that copy down the structure and the contents of the legitimate Livejasmin site. They are hosted on similar sounding domain names and may include self-signed or stolen security certificates.
Links to these pages can also be posted on various online communities using fake, stolen or automatically generated profiles. Common places where such can be found include forums, chatrooms and social networks.
To facilitate a larger distribution scheme the hackers may also embed the necessary code into file carriers. These are various executable files or auxiliary data that when opened will lead to the LiveJasmin phishing virus infection. There are several popular forms which are most commonly used when planning such attacks:
- Malicious Documents — Among the most common formats used are the following: presentations, databases, spreadsheets and text files. When opened by the victims a notification prompt will appear asking the victims to enable the built-in macros. This will trigger infection.
- Application Installers — The hackers can construct application installers of popular software. They are made by taking the original files and modifying them accordingly. Common examples include productivity and office apps, creativity suites, system utilities and even games.
- Malicious Web Browser Plugins — They are also known as “hijackers” and they are usually made compatible with all popular web browsers. The criminals frequently post them on extension repositories with a fake identity. Their descriptions often will promise new features addition and performance optimizations.
All of these files can be easily shared on file-sharing networks like BitTorrent where both legitimate and pirate data can be found.
LiveJasmin Phishing Virus – What Does It Do?
The primary goal of the LiveJasmin phishing virus is to redirect the victims to a hacker-controlled site. When this is done via browser extensions in most cases they will modify the settings so that the site will always be loaded. Any stored contents can be hijacked automatically and sent to the operators: history, cookies, preferences, prompt data and any stored account credentials.
The actual phishing sites by themselves can lead to numerous dangerous consequences:
- Data Collection — The hackers can deploy various malware which will gather intelligence about the victims and the machines. The victims will be revealed by an engine that will look for strings related to their identity: a person’s name, address, phone number and stored passwords. The generated hardware profile can be used to create an unique ID for each compromised host.
- Security Software Bypass — The infection engine can search for any installed security software and block them. Usually popular ones include the following: anti-virus engines, firewalls, intrusion detection systems and etc.
- Persistent Installation — The web threat can be installed in a way which will automatically start it as soon as the computer is powered on. This involves the modification of the boot options. If access to the recovery options is blocked this can make it very difficult to follow most manual user removal guides.
- Additional Malware Deployment — Redirects like the LiveJasmin phishing virus may be used as an intermediate malware dropper. This usually includes Trojan horse infections — they will take over control of the victim computers, spy on the users and take over control of the victim machines.
- Adware Presentation — The victims can embed advertisements into the phishing sites under various forms: pop-ups, banners, text links and etc. For every displayed or interacted ad the hackers will receive income in exchange.
- Miner Infections — These are small-sized scripts which will download a sequence of small-sized tasks that will place a heavy toll on the performance of the affected systems: CPU, memory and hard disk space. For every successful reported instance the hackers will be transferred cryptocurrency directly into their digital wallets.
Remove LiveJasmin Phishing Virus from Your Machine
In order to be able to remove LiveJasmin Phishing Virus, you should know where it’s files and objects are hidden. The main idea is to follow the removal steps below. They are made to help you isolate the virus and detect and delete the malicious files. For the complete detection and removal of LiveJasmin Phishing Virus, however, we strongly suggest that you download and run a free scan with an advanced anti-malware software. Such tool will automatically identify and eliminate all of the virus files and objects, related to any LiveJasmin Phishing Virus from your computer plus protect it in the future too.