This article has actually been produced to clarify what is the Dacls RAT for Mac “infection: and also how to see to it that it is completely gone from your Mac.
Dacls RAT Infections for Mac
The Dacls RAT is a dangerous Mac virus which will allow the hackers to take over control of the machines and to hijack user data. It is created by the infamous criminal collective called Lazarus Group which is well-known for organizing high-profile attack campaigns. It is distributed in a sophisticated infection attack directed against users of Apple’s computers and laptops. It can cause widespread damage to the hosts depending on local conditions or the hacker instructions.
|Type||Adware for Mac|
|Short Description||Aims to modify the settings on your web browser in order to get it to cause browser redirects and display different advertisements.|
|Symptoms||Your web browser begins to display various types of online advertisements, which results in slowing down of your Mac.|
|Distribution Method||Bundled downloads. Web pages which may advertise it.|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware |
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Dacls RAT.|
Dacls RAT for Mac Infection Methods
Dacls RAT for Mac is a Trojan created by the infamous Lazarus Group hackers. It is the product of long development as the first versions of this malware where made for Microsoft Windows and Linux prior to the Mac iteration. These versions were created December 2019 and having experience with them the Lazarus Group has created the improved Mac RAT. The main infection strategy is unusual for this type of malware category: it is delivered to the intended victims via infected two-factor authentication called MinaOTP. According to the analysis it is primarily used by Chinese users.
This file can be delivered via various mechanisms such as the following:
- Email SPAM Messages — The hackers can attach the file or link it in email messages that may be sent in a bulk manner.
- File Sharing Networks — The attached files can also be uploaded to networks used to distribute files among web users, the most popular example is BitTorrent.
- Phishing Sites — The hacking group can create various sites that can impersonate well known companies and services. They are hosted on similar sounding domain names and include counterfeit media and design.
- Redirects and Browser Hijackers — The criminals can embed redirect code in pages, emails and other web content. Browser hijackers are malicious browser plugins which are created for the most popular web browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
Dacls RAT for Mac Overview
As soon as the Dacls RAT for Mac is installed on a given computer it will install place the Mac virus file in the Contents/Resources/Base.lproj folder location. It will start a properly list (plist) data file which will make the threat persistent, it will start automatically when the computer is powered on.
Its configuration file is encrypted with a very strong cipher which poses as a database which is used by the Apple Store application. When the process is started it will establish a secure connection to a hacker-controlled server which will allow the hackers to take over control of the Mac computers. Other actions that can be taken by this module include system changes and user and system data theft. In comparison to the versions for other operating systems the Mac Dacls virus cannot write files to the hard disk.
The Dacls RAT infection for Mac allows the main engine to also terminate running processes and collect information from them. This means that the virus is fully capable of hijacking both system data and personal information that may expose the identity of the victims.
A module which is not often found on other Trojans is the proxy service. It will automatically reroute the network connection via a proxy which will hide this action from users and network administrators. This may also bypass filters, engines and profiles used by security services: anti-virus programs, firewalls, virtual machine hosts and etc.
One of the most dangerous consequences of having this threat installed on a given machine is the infection with other viruses. The list of possible payloads that can be delivered through it include the following:
- Web Threats — Most of the popular web malware which are installed as payload carriers include malicious extensions for most popular web browsers and cryptocurrency miners that have a negative effect on the performance of the victim hosts.
- File Encrypting Ransomware — They are designed to process user data with a strong cipher. They will be locked and made inaccessible to the users. They will be blackmailed to pay the hackers a decryption fee.
- Tracking Scripts — Dacls RAT for Mac can install web scripts that can track the users interaction across sites and to hijack all kinds of data.
Remove Dacls RAT for Mac Virus
If you intend to remove the Dacls RAT for Mac from your Mac, you must follow the removal directions underneath this article. They have been created so that they aid you in getting rid of Dacls RAT for Mac “virus” the most efficient method. In addition, be advised that if you do not appear to be able to eliminate Dacls RAT for Mac from your Mac, the most effective as well as the most reliable manner in which is probably to function is to run a check on your Mac, using a malware cleaning program. Such a device is ensured to be able to take care of different errors and also setups triggered by Dacls RAT for Mac and get rid of all of its components from your Mac plus ensure that it remains safeguarded in real-time.
Before starting to follow the steps below, be advised that you should first do the following preparations:
- Backup your files in case the worst happens.
- Make sure to have a device with these instructions on standy.
- Arm yourself with patience.
Step 1: Uninstall Dacls RAT and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Dacls RAT via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Remove Dacls RAT – related extensions from Safari / Chrome / Firefox
Step 3: Scan for and remove Dacls RAT files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as Dacls RAT, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.