The article will help you to remove Get Daily Bible Verses fully. Follow the browser hijacker removal instructions given at the end of the article.
The Get Daily Bible Verses redirect is a browser extension that can be used for hijacker purposes. Interaction with it can hijack personal data belonging to the victims. Our article provides an overview of the hijacker operations and it also may be helpful in attempting to remove the virus.
|Name||Get Daily Bible Verses|
|Type||Browser Hijacker, PUP|
|Short Description||The hijacker redirect can alter the homepage, search engine and new tab on every browser application you have installed.|
|Symptoms||The homepage, new tab and search engine of all your browsers will be switched to Get Daily Bible Verses. You will be redirected and could see sponsored content.|
|Distribution Method||Freeware Installations, Bundled Packages|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by Get Daily Bible Verses |
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Get Daily Bible Verses.|
Get Daily Bible Verses – Distribution Methods
The Get Daily Bible Verses redirect is a browser-based threat which can infect target hosts based using a variety of different tactics. Depending on the scope of the targets the criminal operators can use one or multiple methods at once.
A common mechanism is the use of email phishing messages which use elements taken from well-known Internet companies or services. The criminals can construct messages that look like legitimate password reminders, delivery notifications and other related reminders. The malware can be either attached or hyperlinked in the body contents. In a similar fashion the criminals can construct fake download pages using a similar manner. They are modeled after the legitimate vendor pages and many portals that are popular with end users.
These two methods are the primary ways for spreading infected payloads. There are two main types that are commonly used by hackers to spread redirects:
- Setup Files — The criminals can take the legitimate installer files of popular applications and embed the hijacker code into them. Popular examples include creativity suites, productivity applications and system utilities.
- Documents — Payload files can be documents of various types: rich text files, spreadsheets, presentations and databases. Once they are opened by the victim users a notification prompt will be spawned asking them to enable the built-in macros. If this is done the virus infection will follow.
Other techniques that can be used include file sharing networks such as BitTorrent which are used to spread pirate content.
In some cases the hackers can use browser hijackers as a delivery mechanism. They are extensions made for the most web browsers which feature malicious elements. They are usually uploaded to the relevant repositories using fake developer credentials and/or user reviews. The associated description usually includes promises of new functions and browser improvements that may not be standard. The name “hijacker” comes from the built-in behavior pattern which is followed by the threats. When they are allowed installation a virus infection that will deliver the redirect code.
Get Daily Bible Verses – Detailed Description
Once the victims enable the redirect installation the plugin will ask for the following permissions to be granted:
- Access your data for all websites
- Monitor extensions usage and manage themes
- Access browsers tabs
- Access browser activity during navigation
Warning! The security analysis shows that the some of the captured samples also distribute another threat called “Search Encrypt”.
The first actions that are executed once all virus components are delivered is to change the default settings to point to a hacker-controlled site — this includes the default home page, search engine and the new tabs page. Once this is done a modular engine is run which can be customized according to each malicious campaign.
The criminals can integrate a data harvesting engine which can programmed to automatically harvest information that can be categorized into one of these two main groups:
- Private Information — The malicious engine can hijack strings that can directly reveal the user’s identity — their name, address, phone number, location, interests and any stored account credentials.
- Campaign Metrics — The other type of information that can be harvested is related to the way the Get Daily Bible Verses redirect is installed. The criminals harvest information that can help them infect more users by scanning for common device usage and behavior patterns. The generated reports include installed hardware components, user-set options and operating system values.
The fact that the Get Daily Bible Verses hijacker infections originate from the web browsers indicate that the hackers can access all stored within information. They can also scan the system via a stealth protection module in order to protect themselves from security software and services that can interfere with their correct execution. This includes anti-virus programs, sandbox (debug) environments and virtual machine hosts.
Advanced browser hijackers can also hook up to system processes and apply various system modifications. A common technique is to commit Windows Registry changes — they can block certain services from running. When this impacts the operating system strings this can cause severe performance issues.
In some cases the infections can also lead to Trojan infections. They allow the hackers to spy on the users in real time, take over control of their computers and deploy additional threats.
The design features a classic scheme which is made up of several parts:
- Top Menu Bar — It includes a search engine part with several affiliate or partner sites. The captured samples include “Bible News”, “Bible Gateway” and “Bible Reading”.
- Main Search Engine — This is the main interactive element that redirects the users to a modified search engine. Underneath it there are links to popular Internet services.
Use of the malicious search engines can lead to results that may not represent the best possible pages responding to the user queries. In some cases they can lead to virus infections and redirects that can result in income generation for the operators.
In the last few months there has been in increase of the scripts used to deploy cryptocurrency miners. They take advantage of the available system resources and use them to calculate complex operations. When the relevant servers receive the reports funds are released to the hacker wallets. When browser hijackers are used to infect many victims the spread of such scripts turns out to be a profitable malicious enterprise.
- Email address
- IP address
- Home address (mailing address)
- Search queries and all data you type in searches
- Search data and specifics of searches
- URLs and clicks
- Browser type
- Your name
- Your geographic location
- Your ISP (Internet Search Provider)
- Communications preferences
- Operating System (and other related data)
We remind our users that browser hjackers like this one have the primary goal of creating a full profile of the victims. The collected data is pooled into databases that are shared between the various hijacker sites.
Remove Get Daily Bible Verses Trojan
If your computer system got infected with the Get Daily Bible Verses Trojan, you should have a bit of experience in removing malware. You should get rid of this Trojan as quickly as possible before it can have the chance to spread further and infect other computers. You should remove the Trojan and follow the step-by-step instructions guide provided below.