The article will help you to remove Get Daily Bible Verses fully. Follow the browser hijacker removal instructions given at the end of the article.
The Get Daily Bible Verses redirect is a browser extension that can be used for hijacker purposes. Interaction with it can hijack personal data belonging to the victims. Our article provides an overview of the hijacker operations and it also may be helpful in attempting to remove the virus.
|Name||Get Daily Bible Verses|
|Type||Browser Hijacker, PUP|
|Short Description||The hijacker redirect can alter the homepage, search engine and new tab on every browser application you have installed.|
|Symptoms||The homepage, new tab and search engine of all your browsers will be switched to Get Daily Bible Verses. You will be redirected and could see sponsored content.|
|Distribution Method||Freeware Installations, Bundled Packages|
See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Get Daily Bible Verses.|
Get Daily Bible Verses – Distribution Methods
The Get Daily Bible Verses redirect is a browser-based threat which can infect target hosts based using a variety of different tactics. Depending on the scope of the targets the criminal operators can use one or multiple methods at once.
A common mechanism is the use of email phishing messages which use elements taken from well-known Internet companies or services. The criminals can construct messages that look like legitimate password reminders, delivery notifications and other related reminders. The malware can be either attached or hyperlinked in the body contents. In a similar fashion the criminals can construct fake download pages using a similar manner. They are modeled after the legitimate vendor pages and many portals that are popular with end users.
These two methods are the primary ways for spreading infected payloads. There are two main types that are commonly used by hackers to spread redirects:
- Setup Files — The criminals can take the legitimate installer files of popular applications and embed the hijacker code into them. Popular examples include creativity suites, productivity applications and system utilities.
- Documents — Payload files can be documents of various types: rich text files, spreadsheets, presentations and databases. Once they are opened by the victim users a notification prompt will be spawned asking them to enable the built-in macros. If this is done the virus infection will follow.
Other techniques that can be used include file sharing networks such as BitTorrent which are used to spread pirate content.
In some cases the hackers can use browser hijackers as a delivery mechanism. They are extensions made for the most web browsers which feature malicious elements. They are usually uploaded to the relevant repositories using fake developer credentials and/or user reviews. The associated description usually includes promises of new functions and browser improvements that may not be standard. The name “hijacker” comes from the built-in behavior pattern which is followed by the threats. When they are allowed installation a virus infection that will deliver the redirect code.
Get Daily Bible Verses – Detailed Description
Once the victims enable the redirect installation the plugin will ask for the following permissions to be granted:
- Access your data for all websites
- Monitor extensions usage and manage themes
- Access browsers tabs
- Access browser activity during navigation
Warning! The security analysis shows that the some of the captured samples also distribute another threat called “Search Encrypt”.
The first actions that are executed once all virus components are delivered is to change the default settings to point to a hacker-controlled site — this includes the default home page, search engine and the new tabs page. Once this is done a modular engine is run which can be customized according to each malicious campaign.
The criminals can integrate a data harvesting engine which can programmed to automatically harvest information that can be categorized into one of these two main groups:
- Private Information — The malicious engine can hijack strings that can directly reveal the user’s identity — their name, address, phone number, location, interests and any stored account credentials.
- Campaign Metrics — The other type of information that can be harvested is related to the way the Get Daily Bible Verses redirect is installed. The criminals harvest information that can help them infect more users by scanning for common device usage and behavior patterns. The generated reports include installed hardware components, user-set options and operating system values.
The fact that the Get Daily Bible Verses hijacker infections originate from the web browsers indicate that the hackers can access all stored within information. They can also scan the system via a stealth protection module in order to protect themselves from security software and services that can interfere with their correct execution. This includes anti-virus programs, sandbox (debug) environments and virtual machine hosts.
Advanced browser hijackers can also hook up to system processes and apply various system modifications. A common technique is to commit Windows Registry changes — they can block certain services from running. When this impacts the operating system strings this can cause severe performance issues.
In some cases the infections can also lead to Trojan infections. They allow the hackers to spy on the users in real time, take over control of their computers and deploy additional threats.
The design features a classic scheme which is made up of several parts:
- Top Menu Bar — It includes a search engine part with several affiliate or partner sites. The captured samples include “Bible News”, “Bible Gateway” and “Bible Reading”.
- Main Search Engine — This is the main interactive element that redirects the users to a modified search engine. Underneath it there are links to popular Internet services.
Use of the malicious search engines can lead to results that may not represent the best possible pages responding to the user queries. In some cases they can lead to virus infections and redirects that can result in income generation for the operators.
In the last few months there has been in increase of the scripts used to deploy cryptocurrency miners. They take advantage of the available system resources and use them to calculate complex operations. When the relevant servers receive the reports funds are released to the hacker wallets. When browser hijackers are used to infect many victims the spread of such scripts turns out to be a profitable malicious enterprise.
- Email address
- IP address
- Home address (mailing address)
- Search queries and all data you type in searches
- Search data and specifics of searches
- URLs and clicks
- Browser type
- Your name
- Your geographic location
- Your ISP (Internet Search Provider)
- Communications preferences
- Operating System (and other related data)
We remind our users that browser hjackers like this one have the primary goal of creating a full profile of the victims. The collected data is pooled into databases that are shared between the various hijacker sites.
Remove Get Daily Bible Verses Trojan
If your computer system got infected with the Get Daily Bible Verses Trojan, you should have a bit of experience in removing malware. You should get rid of this Trojan as quickly as possible before it can have the chance to spread further and infect other computers. You should remove the Trojan and follow the step-by-step instructions guide provided below.
- Guide 1: How to Remove Get Daily Bible Verses from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of Get Daily Bible Verses on Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove Get Daily Bible Verses in Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase Get Daily Bible Verses from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall Get Daily Bible Verses from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove Get Daily Bible Verses from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate Get Daily Bible Verses from Internet Explorer.
- Guide 8: Disable Get Daily Bible Verses Push Notifications in Your Browsers.
How to Remove Get Daily Bible Verses from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove Get Daily Bible Verses
Step 2: Uninstall Get Daily Bible Verses and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by Get Daily Bible Verses on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by Get Daily Bible Verses there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of Get Daily Bible Verses from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall Get Daily Bible Verses and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Get Daily Bible Verses via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove Get Daily Bible Verses files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as Get Daily Bible Verses, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove Get Daily Bible Verses from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase Get Daily Bible Verses from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall Get Daily Bible Verses from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove Get Daily Bible Verses from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the Get Daily Bible Verses will be removed.
Eliminate Get Daily Bible Verses from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.
Remove Push Notifications caused by Get Daily Bible Verses from Your Browsers.
Turn Off Push Notifications from Google Chrome
To disable any Push Notices from Google Chrome browser, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Go to Settings in Chrome.
Step 2: In Settings, select “Advanced Settings”:
Step 3: Click “Content Settings”:
Step 4: Open “Notifications”:
Step 5: Click the three dots and choose Block, Edit or Remove options:
Remove Push Notifications on Firefox
Step 1: Go to Firefox Options.
Step 2: Go to “Settings”, type “notifications” in the search bar and click "Settings":
Step 3: Click “Remove” on any site you wish notifications gone and click “Save Changes”
Stop Push Notifications on Opera
Step 1: In Opera, press ALT+P to go to Settings
Step 2: In Setting search, type “Content” to go to Content Settings.
Step 3: Open Notifications:
Step 4: Do the same as you did with Google Chrome (explained below):
Eliminate Push Notifications on Safari
Step 1: Open Safari Preferences.
Step 2: Choose the domain from where you like push pop-ups gone and change to "Deny" from "Allow".