The Search.hbible-verses.app redirect is a newly discovered malware site and hijacker which is being used in a worldwide campaign. Usually they are spread by posting malicious plugins made compatible with the most popular web browsers. They are usually uploaded to the relevant repositories with fake or stolen developer credentials or user reviews.
Infections can also occur by interacting with dangerous payload carriers which can be malware documents or setup files of popular software. They can be sent via phishing messages or malware sites which are usually hosted on similar sounding domain names and may include self-signed or stolen security certificates.
As soon as the sites are visited for the first time tracking cookies will be installed in the web browsers which will track the users interactions. In advanced cases the criminals can opt to change the settings of the browsers in order to always open the page. The web pages are designed to imitate well-known companies and services and deliver hacker-controlled content. This can be either various forms of malware or intrusive ads. The presentation of ads will generate revenue for the hackers and it they can be of different types: banners, pop-ups, text links and etc. As an option for spreading malware usually the three most popular types are spread:
- Miners — The cryptocurrency miners are among the most common threats delivered by hijackers. They are scripts or small programs that will take advantage of the available system resources to compute complex mathematical tasks. When they are completed the hackers will receive a small income that will be directly wired to their digital wallets.
- Ransomware — These are among the most popular virus types which will encrypt sensitive user data according to a built-in list of target file type extensions. The strong cipher will process the pages and when it is complete a predefined extension will be added to the files.
- Trojans — They will connect to a hacker-controlled server and allow the hacker operators to spy on the victims and steal their files.
Various types of malicious commands can be run by the main engine. This usually includes the setting up of the threat to automatically start as soon as the computer is powered on. It can also create or edit already existing strings found within the Windows Registry. This can cause data loss, performance issues and other issues. Other behavior can also be exhibited by local conditions or the hackers configuration.
|Short Description||Search.hbible-verses.app is a web page, caused by a browser hijacker. It is unwanted, because it may lead you to dangerous sites.|
|Symptoms||Your web browser may start to behave in a strange way. You may receive redirects and other types of ads and your PC’s performance may sharply decline.|
|Distribution Method||Bundled downloads. Web pages which may advertise it.|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by Search.hbible-verses.app |
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Search.hbible-verses.app.|
Search.hbible-verses.app – HOW Did I Get It
The Search.hbible-verses.app redirect is a common web infection which is commonly found across Internet browser hijackers. They are malicious plugins which are made compatible with the most popular software. Another possible source of infections is the installation of PUPs which are potentially unwanted software. They are designed to appear as legitimate software however upon running them the redirect files will be placed in the victim’s computer and started.
Beware of phishing emails that may pose as legitimate services and attempt to coerce the victims into interacting with them which will eventually lead to a redirect installation.
Such redirects can be spread via malicious sites that aim to persuade the visitors into thinking that they have accessed a legitimate and safe web page. They are usually hosted on similar sounding domain names to well-known sites and may include forged or stolen security certificates.
Various payload delivery methods can be used to spread the Search.hbible-verses.app redirect to the intended victims. There are two main types:
- Infected Documents — The hackers can embed the necessary scrips that will lead to the infection in the most common document file types: presentations, spreadsheets, text documents and databases. When they are opened by the victims a prompt will ask for permissions to run them. The quoted reason is that this is required in order to view the contents of the files.
- Malware Software Bundles — The criminals behind the Search.hbible-verses.app redirect can place the installation code in application installers of popular software. They are spread using various methods and are very difficult to detect.
The redirect related files can be spread via file sharing networks of which BitTorrent is currently the most popular one. Another frequently used method is the integration of the relevant code into browser hijackers which are malicious extensions made for the most popular web browsers. They are posted with fake user reviews and developer credentials in order to coerce the visitors into downloading and installing them.
Search.hbible-verses.app – What Does It DO
The Search.hbible-verses.app is a classic browser-based redirect which will redirect the victims to this hacker-controlled page every time the web browser is run. This can lead to dangerous behavior as soon as the users start to interact with the site:
- Tracking of their Internet activity
- Advertising content such as pop-ups, banners, text links and etc
- Deployment of other malicious infections: Trojans, ransomware and etc
Such redirects are very useful for launching cryptocurrency miners which will take advantage of the available hardware resources in order to generate cryptocurrency for the hackers.
One of the most dangerous effects of having this redirect active is that it can automatically track the users and their web activity. Having access to the web browser means that the active malware will be able to hijack all stored data within: cookies, history, bookmarks, settings and even stored account credentials. All hijacked data will be automatically uploaded to the servers operated by the hackers.
How to REMOVE Search.hbible-verses.app
The removal of Search.hbible-verses.app may be a very tricky process, because of the fact that the unwanted program introducing this scam page may have files spread all of your hard drive. This is the main reason why we strongly advise you to follow the removal steps below. They are made so that if the problem persists after step 1 and 2, you can use a powerful anti-malware software(recommended). Be advised that security professionals often advise victims to remove this adware via an advanced anti-malware program. This will help save you significant time and will make sure that all of the persistent files and objects of Search.hbible-verses.app are fully gone from your PC.