The article will aid you to remove Mp3andvideoconverter.com completely. Follow the browser hijacker removal instructions provided at the bottom of this article.
Its website will redirect you to its search engine or another malicious site. While using its services, you can find yourself on pages with lots of adverts and sponsored content that go through this hijacker. The hijacker will change the start page, new tab, and search settings for the browser applications you have on your computer machine.
|Type||Browser Hijacker, PUP|
|Short Description||Each browser application on your computer could get affected. The hijacker can redirect you and will display lots of advertisements.|
|Symptoms||Browser settings which are altered are the homepage, search engine and the new tab.|
|Distribution Method||Freeware Installations, Bundled Packages|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by Mp3andvideoconverter.com Redirect |
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Mp3andvideoconverter.com Redirect.|
Mp3andvideoconverter.com Redirect – Methods of Distribution
The Mp3andvideoconverter.com Redirect is a typical Internet threat that can infect computer users using several different methods. Depending on the intended scope of the attack campaign a single method or several different ones at once.
One of the most popular ones depend on browser hijackers as an easy way to manipulate the users into accessing the site. By definition they are hacker-made plugins that are conceived for all popular web browsers. They are widely uploaded to their respective repositories with fake user reviews and developer credentials. The descriptions will include promises of new features or performance optimizations. When they are downloaded by the users the included code will launch the redirect site.
Various malware sites can also post links or include content that can launch the Mp3andvideoconverter.com redirect. Some particular examples include web elements such as banners, pop-ups and etc.
There are two popular malware payload carriers types that the Mp3andvideoconverter.com redirect criminals can utilize:
- Malicious Documents — The criminals may embed malicious interactive scripts into documents of all popular file types: presentations, spreadsheets, rich text documents and databases. Whenever they are opened by the users a notification prompt will appear asking the users to enable the rich content. If this is done the associated Mp3andvideoconverter.com Redirect site will be shown.
- Applications and Installers — The criminals may embed the site redirect script into setup files of popular software and even computer games. This means that whenever the user clicks on them the automated startup procedure will direct them to the site. Popular targets are system utilities, creativity suites and productivity apps like office suites. The most common way to create such strains is to take the legitimate files from the official vendor or download page and make the necessary modifications.
Other infections such as Trojans can also lead to the display of the Mp3andvideoconverter.com redirect site.
Mp3andvideoconverter.com Redirect – In-Depth Description
Whatever method is chosen the end result will be the display of the associated redirect site. This means that all potential malicious effects of this would follow. While the main site itself may not be dangerous by itself however any use of malicious plugin copies can lead to both privacy and security issues.
The site itself (despite its name) is not an MP3 or video converter, but a portal page showing links to online Flash games. This probably means that the domain is used in order to build traffic to various Internet projects or offered for temporary use by interested parties. If this is the case then changes to the end address can take place at any time.
Some of the consequences of accessing the redirect are the following:
- Information Retrieval — The use of tracking cookies and information extracting modules can be used to hijack sensitive data about the users and their machines. The combination of these two methods can be used to create an unique ID for each infected host. This is done by following an algorithm that uses data such as the hardware parts, regional settings, operating system variables and certain user preferences. What’s more dangerous is that these tools can also be used to expose the victim’s identity — their real name, address, phone number and other data. In certain cases the modules can also hijack any stored account credentials.
- Sponsored Content — The Mp3andvideoconverter.com redirect site can be used to show sponsored content. Various interactive elements can be used, the logic behind this move is that any user interaction with the content will generate income for the hacker operators. The following tactics can be employed: banners, pop-ups, redirects and text in-line links.
- Additional Malware Delivery — Active infections with the Mp3andvideoconverter.com redirect may lead to infections with other malware such as Trojans.
- Persistent Installation — The threat can install itself in such a way that makes removal very hard. The code can interact with both the web browsers and the Windows Registry.
What’s dangerous about this particular redirect is that it’s completely unpredictable. The domain name is fairy generic and the fact that it can be used to redirect to a different page at any given time means that it can be turned into a very powerful proxy for various attacks.
Remove Mp3andvideoconverter.com Redirect
To remove Mp3andvideoconverter.com manually from your computer, follow the step-by-step removal instructions provided below. In case the manual removal does not get rid of the hijacker redirect and its files completely, you should search for and remove any leftovers with an advanced anti-malware tool. Such a program can keep your computer safe in the future.