ReadyCoupon also known as Ads by Ready Coupon is classified as an ad-supported browser extension. Researchers suspect that the adware is delivered on users’ computers via the WebPick download and install manager. ReadyCoupon may have been included in the packages of many freeware applications available on legitimate software pages. Once installed, ReadyCoupon may display numerous unwanted advertisements that may redirect the user to suspicious websites.
ReadyCoupon Description and Risk Assessment
Adware applications are not malicious in nature. However, they are usually developed with the sole purpose to generate revenue for third parties. To optimize the money making process, third party marketers need to get hold of users’ personal details. Thus, they may offer software developers to bundle their products with adware applications.
Collected personally identifiable information (via the addition of tracking cookies to the browser) serves to illustrate the users’ preferences, habits and needs. PII consists of:
- Website credentials (passwords, usernames).
- Browsing habits (histories, search queries).
- IP addresses (locations).
Let’s summarize all the risks associated with adware apps running in the background of the system and how to stay protected:
- Adware is usually distributed through bundled downloads. Always opt for the advanced option while installing freeware to uncheck added programs.
- Sometimes ad-supported browser extensions may be promoted as useful tools on legitimate software pages. Beware that adware is known to employ session cookies responsible for the collection of PII.
- Ad-supported software may cause browser redirects to unwanted pages. The display of pop-up ads and banners is also a feature of adware.
- A common term applied next to adware is malvertising. Malvertising stands for malicious advertising – a.k.a. the display of malicious ads – and is often used to spread malware across the Web.
- Having adware in the system may reflect both the browser and the PC’s performances. Occasional freezes and crashes may keep occurring until measures are taken.
ReadyCoupon Removal Options
Users basically have two options to clean their systems depending on their knowledge. Above-average users can have a look at the manual guide below the article. Non-expert users should consider the installation of a trustworthy AV tool to take care of the problem for them. Once installed and kept intact, such a tool will protect the system against the various types of malware lurking in the Web.
Spy Hunter scanner will only detect the threat. If you want the threat to be automatically removed, you need to purchase the full version of the anti-malware tool.Find Out More About SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool / How to Uninstall SpyHunter