There are reports about an intrusive browser extension on Google Chrome and possibly other browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc.). SaLeeePPlus is, in fact, adware that generates the display of unwanted advertisements. It may also add a sandwich icon at the bottom of the browser icon.
We believe that SaLeeePPlus is related to SaleePalus, also known as SAlePlues/ and SalePlus – another aggressive adware application.
SaLeeePPlus Distribution Path
Most likely, SaLeeePPlus entered the system unknowingly because it was included in the package of a freeware/ shareware product downloaded from the Web. By opting for the custom/ advanced option prior to installation, the user can avoid bundled downloads.
Another probable infiltration method for adware is clicking on random pop-up windows, suggesting software updates, offering prizes or tricking the user into schemes to make easy money online. Such content is suspicious and should not be trusted under any circumstances. Cyber crooks often rely on the negligence of users to spread their riskware, adware and spyware products.
SaLeeePPlus Description and Behavior
As already mentioned, SaLeeePPlus generates intrusive advertisements, mostly pop-ups and interrupts browsing activities. Furthermore, SaLeeePPlus may also:
- Collect user sensitive information, both identifiable and non-identifiable.
- Track down the user’s online movements via various tracking technologies – cookies, beacons, Flash cookies, local shared objects (LSOs), etc.
- Use, share or sell collected data with third parties for the purpose of marketing studies and serving relevant advertisements.
- Slow down the browser and cause annoying crashes or freezes.
- Add Registry keys and be persistent in the attempts to be removed manually.
SaLeeePPlus Removal Options
Users can try and remove the application by hand. Several things can be done before proceeding towards scanning the system via professional software, such as:
- Resetting the browser settings.
- Backing up bookmarks so that no data is lost.
- Removing or disabling all the present browser extensions.
Finally, scanning the system via AV solution is recommended since the Registry may have been altered, and other adware/ PUPs may have entered silently.
Spy Hunter scanner will only detect the threat. If you want the threat to be automatically removed, you need to purchase the full version of the anti-malware tool.Find Out More About SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool / How to Uninstall SpyHunter