What is search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com page? Which program causes search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com redirects? How to remove the unwanted program, causing search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com redirects from your computer?
The search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com redirect is a common malware threat which can take the form of both a browser hijacker and a malware portal page. This means that the criminal collective can be used to send the threat using a variety of methods. One of the most common ones is to host them on similar sounding domains to well-known sites, in this particular case the redirect is designed to imitate search engines. To make the page look more legitimate security certificates can be integrated in the sites, the certificates themselves can be either self-signed or stolen. To make matters links to these sites can be spread using email SPAM messages which will pose as legitimate notifications that have been sent in by well-known services and companies.
Links and actual delivery of the search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com redirect can be placed in payload delivery devices — usually they are software installers that are malware versions of setup files of popular applications. The other type is the creation of malicious documents, they can be of any of the popular formats: spreadsheets, presentations, databases and text documents. Another form of delivery is the installation of dangerous web browser plugins which are alternatively known as hijackers. They are made compatible with the most popular web browsers and are usually uploaded to their relevant repositories using a fake description, user reviews and developer credentials.
As soon as the threat is installed on a given computer it will redirect the victims to the hacker-controlled site. In almost all cases this also deploys tracking cookies to the hosts which will monitor the behavior of the users and transmit it automatically to the hacker operators. As the attacks might have come from a malware plugin it will be able to access the browser’s contents thus revealing any stored cookies, history, cache and account credentials.
Such infections can be programmed to cause a series of malicious actions such as the following:
- Data Harvesting — The made infections can be used in order to acquire sensitive information both about the victims and their machines. This can be used to extract personal data which can expose the identity of the victim users thus leading to crimes such as identity theft and financial abuse. The machine information can be used to generate an unique ID that is associated with each individual machine.
- System Changes — Active infections with this hijacker can result in dangerous modifications to the host operating system. The most common ones are the modification of the boot options which will start all dangerous components as soon as the computer is powered on. This action can be coupled with the access disable for certain recovery options — in practice this renders most manual user removal guides non-working. To make it even more difficult to restore the computers important files can be deleted — restore points, backups and shadow volume copies. Furthermore the search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com redirect code can institute various Windows Registry changes — the creation of new values for the threat itself or modifications to strings that are used by the operating system or any third-party applications.
- Content Delivery — Hijackers like this one are used to display various dangerous contents such as cryptocurrency miners and intrusive ads. This is done so because every single display will generate income for the hacker operators.
- Payload Delivery — These samples are widely used to install other threats such as cryptocurrency miners, Trojans and ransomware.
Active search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com redirect infections can shift their behavior at any time if the hackers deem it. As such they need to be removed as soon as possible.
|Short Description||search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com is a web page, caused by a browser hijacker. It is unwanted, because it may lead you to dangerous sites.|
|Symptoms||Your web browser may start to behave in a strange way. You may receive redirects and other types of ads and your PC’s performance may sharply decline.|
|Distribution Method||Bundled downloads. Web pages which may advertise it.|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by hearthandsatellitemaps.com redirect |
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss hearthandsatellitemaps.com redirect.|
search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com – HOW Did I Get It
The search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com redirect is a common web infection which is commonly found across Internet browser hijackers. They are malicious plugins which are made compatible with the most popular software. Another possible source of infections is the installation of PUPs which are potentially unwanted software. They are designed to appear as legitimate software however upon running them the redirect files will be placed in the victim’s computer and started.
Beware of phishing emails that may pose as legitimate services and attempt to coerce the victims into interacting with them which will eventually lead to a redirect installation.
Such redirects can be spread via malicious sites that aim to persuade the visitors into thinking that they have accessed a legitimate and safe web page. They are usually hosted on similar sounding domain names to well-known sites and may include forged or stolen security certificates.
Various payload delivery methods can be used to spread the search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com redirect to the intended victims. There are two main types:
- Infected Documents — The hackers can embed the necessary scrips that will lead to the infection in the most common document file types: presentations, spreadsheets, text documents and databases. When they are opened by the victims a prompt will ask for permissions to run them. The quoted reason is that this is required in order to view the contents of the files.
- Malware Software Bundles — The criminals behind the search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com redirect can place the installation code in application installers of popular software. They are spread using various methods and are very difficult to detect.
The redirect related files can be spread via file sharing networks of which BitTorrent is currently the most popular one. Another frequently used method is the integration of the relevant code into browser hijackers which are malicious extensions made for the most popular web browsers. They are posted with fake user reviews and developer credentials in order to coerce the visitors into downloading and installing them.
search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com – What Does It DO
The search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com is a classic browser-based redirect which will redirect the victims to this hacker-controlled page every time the web browser is run. This can lead to dangerous behavior as soon as the users start to interact with the site:
- Tracking of their Internet activity
- Advertising content such as pop-ups, banners, text links and etc
- Deployment of other malicious infections: Trojans, ransomware and etc
Such redirects are very useful for launching cryptocurrency miners which will take advantage of the available hardware resources in order to generate cryptocurrency for the hackers.
One of the most dangerous effects of having this redirect active is that it can automatically track the users and their web activity. Having access to the web browser means that the active malware will be able to hijack all stored data within: cookies, history, bookmarks, settings and even stored account credentials. All hijacked data will be automatically uploaded to the servers operated by the hackers.
How to REMOVE search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com
The removal of search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com may be a very tricky process, because of the fact that the unwanted program introducing this scam page may have files spread all of your hard drive. This is the main reason why we strongly advise you to follow the removal steps below. They are made so that if the problem persists after step 1 and 2, you can use a powerful anti-malware software(recommended). Be advised that security professionals often advise victims to remove this adware via an advanced anti-malware program. This will help save you significant time and will make sure that all of the persistent files and objects of search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com are fully gone from your PC.