What is search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com page? Which program causes search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirects? How to remove the unwanted program, causing search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirects from your computer?
The search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect is a yet another malware threat which is being sent by the hackers.
The usual popular techniques are being used include the coordination of phishing email messages and malware sites which pose as being prepared and sent by well-known companies or services. As soon as they are opened various links or attached files will coerce them into interacting with a dangerous element which will lead to the redirect installation. These scripts can also be made part be of various payload delivery files — software installers and malicious documents. As soon as they are opened by the victims the redirect setup will begin. They can also be spread using file-sharing networks as well which are used in order to share both legitimate and pirate content.
However the most popular option remains the creation and spread of browser hijacker plugins which are made for the most popular web browsers. They are uploaded to the relevant repositories using fake developer credentials and user reviews and are advertised as useful additions that will add new features or enhance the performance of the browser. In reality the the search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect will be placed on the victims computer.
As soon as the hijacker is installed on the client’s computer it will redirect the users to a preset hacker-controlled site. It can lead to various effects such as the most common ones:
- Ads Presentation — The site can display various intrusive ads on the sites which are known to produce income for the operators. These ads can take various forms: banners, pop-ups, side bars and text links.
- Browser Interaction — The hijackers can modify the settings of the supported browsers in order to redirect the users into always displaying the preset page. This is done by changing values such as the default home page, search engine and new tabs page. Furthermore information can be extracted from the browsers such as any stored cookies, bookmarks, history and etc.
- Additional Malware Delivery — Many hijackers and redirects can lead to the installation of other payloads such as Trojans, Ransomware and Cryptocurrency miners.
- Tracking Cookies Installation — Various tracking cookies and other elements can be placed in the browsers which will report on all actions undertaken by the victims. The information will be communicated to the hacker operators automatically.
Other modules and behavior can be integrated as well, including the addition of a applications bypass which will scan the memory contents and hard disk for security software that can block the execution of the hijacker and redirect: anti-virus programs, firewalls, sandbox environments and etc.
Like other similar threats one of the main goals of this type of malware is to collect a lot of information that can be categorized into two main types:
- Personal Information — The engine can collect information that can directly expose the identity of the victims by searching for specific strings such as a person’s name, address, phone number and etc.
- Machine Identification — The data collection engine can be used to gather information that can directly identify the affected machines.
Depending on the local conditions the behavior can change.
|Short Description||search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com is a web page, caused by a browser hijacker. It is unwanted, because it may lead you to dangerous sites.|
|Symptoms||Your web browser may start to behave in a strange way. You may receive redirects and other types of ads and your PC’s performance may sharply decline.|
|Distribution Method||Bundled downloads. Web pages which may advertise it.|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect |
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect.|
search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com – HOW Did I Get It
The search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect is a common web infection which is commonly found across Internet browser hijackers. They are malicious plugins which are made compatible with the most popular software. Another possible source of infections is the installation of PUPs which are potentially unwanted software. They are designed to appear as legitimate software however upon running them the redirect files will be placed in the victim’s computer and started.
Beware of phishing emails that may pose as legitimate services and attempt to coerce the victims into interacting with them which will eventually lead to a redirect installation.
Such redirects can be spread via malicious sites that aim to persuade the visitors into thinking that they have accessed a legitimate and safe web page. They are usually hosted on similar sounding domain names to well-known sites and may include forged or stolen security certificates.
Various payload delivery methods can be used to spread the search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect to the intended victims. There are two main types:
- Infected Documents — The hackers can embed the necessary scrips that will lead to the infection in the most common document file types: presentations, spreadsheets, text documents and databases. When they are opened by the victims a prompt will ask for permissions to run them. The quoted reason is that this is required in order to view the contents of the files.
- Malware Software Bundles — The criminals behind the search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect can place the installation code in application installers of popular software. They are spread using various methods and are very difficult to detect.
The redirect related files can be spread via file sharing networks of which BitTorrent is currently the most popular one. Another frequently used method is the integration of the relevant code into browser hijackers which are malicious extensions made for the most popular web browsers. They are posted with fake user reviews and developer credentials in order to coerce the visitors into downloading and installing them.
search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com – What Does It DO
The search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com is a classic browser-based redirect which will redirect the victims to this hacker-controlled page every time the web browser is run. This can lead to dangerous behavior as soon as the users start to interact with the site:
- Tracking of their Internet activity
- Advertising content such as pop-ups, banners, text links and etc
- Deployment of other malicious infections: Trojans, ransomware and etc
Such redirects are very useful for launching cryptocurrency miners which will take advantage of the available hardware resources in order to generate cryptocurrency for the hackers.
One of the most dangerous effects of having this redirect active is that it can automatically track the users and their web activity. Having access to the web browser means that the active malware will be able to hijack all stored data within: cookies, history, bookmarks, settings and even stored account credentials. All hijacked data will be automatically uploaded to the servers operated by the hackers.
How to REMOVE search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com
The removal of search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com may be a very tricky process, because of the fact that the unwanted program introducing this scam page may have files spread all of your hard drive. This is the main reason why we strongly advise you to follow the removal steps below. They are made so that if the problem persists after step 1 and 2, you can use a powerful anti-malware software(recommended). Be advised that security professionals often advise victims to remove this adware via an advanced anti-malware program. This will help save you significant time and will make sure that all of the persistent files and objects of search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com are fully gone from your PC.