What is search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com page? Which program causes search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirects? How to remove the unwanted program, causing search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirects from your computer?
The search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect is a yet another malware threat which is being sent by the hackers.
The usual popular techniques are being used include the coordination of phishing email messages and malware sites which pose as being prepared and sent by well-known companies or services. As soon as they are opened various links or attached files will coerce them into interacting with a dangerous element which will lead to the redirect installation. These scripts can also be made part be of various payload delivery files — software installers and malicious documents. As soon as they are opened by the victims the redirect setup will begin. They can also be spread using file-sharing networks as well which are used in order to share both legitimate and pirate content.
However the most popular option remains the creation and spread of browser hijacker plugins which are made for the most popular web browsers. They are uploaded to the relevant repositories using fake developer credentials and user reviews and are advertised as useful additions that will add new features or enhance the performance of the browser. In reality the the search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect will be placed on the victims computer.
As soon as the hijacker is installed on the client’s computer it will redirect the users to a preset hacker-controlled site. It can lead to various effects such as the most common ones:
- Ads Presentation — The site can display various intrusive ads on the sites which are known to produce income for the operators. These ads can take various forms: banners, pop-ups, side bars and text links.
- Browser Interaction — The hijackers can modify the settings of the supported browsers in order to redirect the users into always displaying the preset page. This is done by changing values such as the default home page, search engine and new tabs page. Furthermore information can be extracted from the browsers such as any stored cookies, bookmarks, history and etc.
- Additional Malware Delivery — Many hijackers and redirects can lead to the installation of other payloads such as Trojans, Ransomware and Cryptocurrency miners.
- Tracking Cookies Installation — Various tracking cookies and other elements can be placed in the browsers which will report on all actions undertaken by the victims. The information will be communicated to the hacker operators automatically.
Other modules and behavior can be integrated as well, including the addition of a applications bypass which will scan the memory contents and hard disk for security software that can block the execution of the hijacker and redirect: anti-virus programs, firewalls, sandbox environments and etc.
Like other similar threats one of the main goals of this type of malware is to collect a lot of information that can be categorized into two main types:
- Personal Information — The engine can collect information that can directly expose the identity of the victims by searching for specific strings such as a person’s name, address, phone number and etc.
- Machine Identification — The data collection engine can be used to gather information that can directly identify the affected machines.
Depending on the local conditions the behavior can change.
|Short Description||search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com is a web page, caused by a browser hijacker. It is unwanted, because it may lead you to dangerous sites.|
|Symptoms||Your web browser may start to behave in a strange way. You may receive redirects and other types of ads and your PC’s performance may sharply decline.|
|Distribution Method||Bundled downloads. Web pages which may advertise it.|
See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect.|
search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com – HOW Did I Get It
The search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect is a common web infection which is commonly found across Internet browser hijackers. They are malicious plugins which are made compatible with the most popular software. Another possible source of infections is the installation of PUPs which are potentially unwanted software. They are designed to appear as legitimate software however upon running them the redirect files will be placed in the victim’s computer and started.
Beware of phishing emails that may pose as legitimate services and attempt to coerce the victims into interacting with them which will eventually lead to a redirect installation.
Such redirects can be spread via malicious sites that aim to persuade the visitors into thinking that they have accessed a legitimate and safe web page. They are usually hosted on similar sounding domain names to well-known sites and may include forged or stolen security certificates.
Various payload delivery methods can be used to spread the search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect to the intended victims. There are two main types:
- Infected Documents — The hackers can embed the necessary scrips that will lead to the infection in the most common document file types: presentations, spreadsheets, text documents and databases. When they are opened by the victims a prompt will ask for permissions to run them. The quoted reason is that this is required in order to view the contents of the files.
- Malware Software Bundles — The criminals behind the search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect can place the installation code in application installers of popular software. They are spread using various methods and are very difficult to detect.
The redirect related files can be spread via file sharing networks of which BitTorrent is currently the most popular one. Another frequently used method is the integration of the relevant code into browser hijackers which are malicious extensions made for the most popular web browsers. They are posted with fake user reviews and developer credentials in order to coerce the visitors into downloading and installing them.
search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com – What Does It DO
The search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com is a classic browser-based redirect which will redirect the victims to this hacker-controlled page every time the web browser is run. This can lead to dangerous behavior as soon as the users start to interact with the site:
- Tracking of their Internet activity
- Advertising content such as pop-ups, banners, text links and etc
- Deployment of other malicious infections: Trojans, ransomware and etc
Such redirects are very useful for launching cryptocurrency miners which will take advantage of the available hardware resources in order to generate cryptocurrency for the hackers.
One of the most dangerous effects of having this redirect active is that it can automatically track the users and their web activity. Having access to the web browser means that the active malware will be able to hijack all stored data within: cookies, history, bookmarks, settings and even stored account credentials. All hijacked data will be automatically uploaded to the servers operated by the hackers.
How to REMOVE search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com
The removal of search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com may be a very tricky process, because of the fact that the unwanted program introducing this scam page may have files spread all of your hard drive. This is the main reason why we strongly advise you to follow the removal steps below. They are made so that if the problem persists after step 1 and 2, you can use a powerful anti-malware software(recommended). Be advised that security professionals often advise victims to remove this adware via an advanced anti-malware program. This will help save you significant time and will make sure that all of the persistent files and objects of search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com are fully gone from your PC.
- Guide 1: How to Remove search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect on Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect in Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect from Internet Explorer.
- Guide 8: Disable search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect Push Notifications in Your Browsers.
How to Remove search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect
Step 2: Uninstall search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect will be removed.
Eliminate search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.
Remove Push Notifications caused by search.hfreeonlineradioapp2.com redirect from Your Browsers.
Turn Off Push Notifications from Google Chrome
To disable any Push Notices from Google Chrome browser, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Go to Settings in Chrome.
Step 2: In Settings, select “Advanced Settings”:
Step 3: Click “Content Settings”:
Step 4: Open “Notifications”:
Step 5: Click the three dots and choose Block, Edit or Remove options:
Remove Push Notifications on Firefox
Step 1: Go to Firefox Options.
Step 2: Go to “Settings”, type “notifications” in the search bar and click "Settings":
Step 3: Click “Remove” on any site you wish notifications gone and click “Save Changes”
Stop Push Notifications on Opera
Step 1: In Opera, press ALT+P to go to Settings
Step 2: In Setting search, type “Content” to go to Content Settings.
Step 3: Open Notifications:
Step 4: Do the same as you did with Google Chrome (explained below):
Eliminate Push Notifications on Safari
Step 1: Open Safari Preferences.
Step 2: Choose the domain from where you like push pop-ups gone and change to "Deny" from "Allow".