|Short Description||May collect data from the user and display unwanted advertisements.|
|Symptoms||Browser slowdowns, unwanted advertisements.|
|Distribution Method||Via bundling, visiting suspicious websites, or clicking on fake Java/ Adobe updates.|
|Detection tool||Download SpyHunter, to See If Your System Has Been Affected By TakeTheCouPon|
TakeTheCouPon is an adware programs whose purpose is to show numerous advertisements to users. The application is able to generate these ads on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Adware programs are considered to be intrusive. TakeTheCouPon has most probably entered your PC without your permission.
This reason alone should be enough for you to want to remove it. What is more, TakeTheCouPon is considered to be a vulnerability for the computer’s security. Its activities can lead to malware entering your PC. This is why it is strongly recommended that you remove it from your computer as soon as possible.
How Did TakeTheCouPon Enter My PC?
In all likelihood, you have not installed TakeTheCouPon willingly. Adware programs use bundling as a method to spread to numerous computers. TakeTheCouPon is attached to installers of free applications. This allows it to get installed without being noticed by users. There are a few things you can do to avoid getting unwanted programs on your computer:
- Avoid third-party software vendors. They are often used to distribute bundled downloads.
- Pay attention during when installing software. Look for any information that says third-party programs are also going to be installed.
- Opt for Custom/Advanced installation. This way, you will be able to see if there are any additional programs featured on the installer. You will also be able to decline them.
What Does TakeTheCouPon Do?
Right after it gets installed, TakeTheCouPon will start displaying ads while you are browsing the web. Although the supposed purpose of the program is to help you save time and money on your online shopping. It will even start collecting information on your browsing in order to present targeted ads that will be more appealing to users. This may make TakeTheCouPon look as though it is a useful program, but there is more to this program.
Is TakeTheCouPon Dangerous?
TakeTheCouPon itself is not dangerous, but there are some security risks that you should be aware of. The ads that you are shown may prove to be misleading. It is possible that the ads that you are presented with to lead to unreliable and malicious websites. Typically, these websites will try one of two things:
- Your computer may be infected with malware. Then, cyber criminals will be able to prevent the PC from operating properly. They will also be able to steal your personal and financial information.
- A phishing scheme may also be attempted. Cyber criminals will offer you to participate in a fake raffle or claim you have won some prize. They will demand your personal and possibly financial details in return.
The best thing to do is get rid of TakeTheCouPon as soon as possible. Adware applications usually can be removed manually. This can be done by going to Control Panel, opening the list of programs, and uninstalling TakeTheCouPon. If you continue to receive advertisements, then your problems are more severe. It is possible that TakeTheCouPon has spread to more directories and is continuing to cause you problems, or there may be more adware on your PC. There is even a possibility that malware has managed to infiltrate the computer. This is why it is recommended that you acquire a powerful security tool that will remove all intruders, and at the same time it will protect the system against future attacks. This way you can be sure that all of your sensitive information is completely safe.
Spy Hunter scanner will only detect the threat. If you want the threat to be automatically removed, you need to purchase the full version of the anti-malware tool.Find Out More About SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool / How to Uninstall SpyHunter