Banana Phone is classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). Banana Phone displays numerous advertisements (pop-ups, banners, deals, coupons, offers, etc.) based on information the program has collected about the user’s browsing activities and habits. Although Banana Phone Ads is not of a malicious nature, security experts recommend the application’s immediate removal. Banana Phone serves as an advertising engine for ad providers aiming for one thing only – to profit from online ads and boost the traffic on their websites. The promoted advertisements are not only irritating and disrupt your browsing routine; they may link you to corrupted web pages and pose the risk of malicious infiltrations on the affected machine.
Banana Phone’s Symptoms
- The ads displayed by Banana Phone (pop-up, banner, in-text ads, offers, deals, coupons, and price comparisons) will appear on every web page you view. Being annoying is not the only issue here; they can result in unwanted redirects to unsafe web locations if you click on them. This may expose your PC to serious security threats.
- Minimum Price Ads may track specific information so that it could display advertising content matching your interests. For example browsing history (websites visited, the duration of the browsing sessions, etc.), search queries, IP address. The collected information may be further transferred to third parties for marketing purposes.
- Banana Phone Ads may lead to poor browser and overall PC performance.
Banana Phone’s Distribution
Banana Phone usually arrives on your machine via bundled downloads of free of charge programs. You might install Banana Phone Ads on your PC alongside free software you have downloaded online and not even realize it until numerous pop-ups ads appear on every page you visit. Malware researchers recommend selecting the Custom installation options; this way you can see а detailed list of all the additional installations and have the option uncheck the ones you do not want to have on your machine.
How to Remove Banana Phone Ads from Your Computer?
Experts recommend the removal of Banana Phone from your computer, not because the application itself is malicious, but because of the potential security risk it may expose your system to. Below are the instructions on how to delete Banana Phone Ads from your machine manually or with the assistance of a competent anti-spyware tool.
Spy Hunter FREE scanner will only detect the threat. If you want the threat to be automatically removed, you need to purchase the full version of the anti-malware tool. Find Out More About SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool
- Guide 1: How to Remove Banana Phone from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of Banana Phone from Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove Banana Phone from Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase Banana Phone from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall Banana Phone from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove Banana Phone from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate Banana Phone from Internet Explorer.
How to Remove Banana Phone from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove Banana Phone
Step 2: Uninstall Banana Phone and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by Banana Phone on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by Banana Phone there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of Banana Phone from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall Banana Phone and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Banana Phone via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove Banana Phone files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as Banana Phone, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove Banana Phone from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase Banana Phone from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall Banana Phone from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove Banana Phone from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the Banana Phone will be removed.
Eliminate Banana Phone from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.