|Short Description||The page may look like a regular search engine with links to well-known pages.|
|Symptoms||The user may have the website set as his homepage without his approval.|
|Detection tool||Download Malware Removal Tool, to See If Your System Has Been Affected By Kijojo.com|
What Is Kijojo.com?
If you launch your browser one day and find that the website Kijojo.com has been set as the homepage and default search provider, then some browser hijacker has been installed on your computer. The website will seem to be a regular search engine with some links to popular websites. However, we do not recommend keeping it on your browser. The fact that your browser’s settings have been altered without your permission should be an immediate red flag. Kijojo.com is unreliable, and this is why we recommend removing it from your computer as soon as possible.
What Does Kijojo.com Do?
Kijojo.com is able to change the settings on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. And it will do so as soon as it has been installed. Although the website will claim that it uses the Google search engine, it will be able to show sponsored links among the search results. If you start getting pop-up ads while you are browsing the web, know that they are also the doing of Kijojo.com. Apart from getting in the way of your browsing, the hijacker may also slow down your browser’s speed as well as that of your computer. But this is not the worst part.
What Are the Harms of Kijojo.com?
The main reason why you should remove Kijojo.com from your browser and computer is the sponsored links and ads it will show. It is safe to assume that some of them will be misleading and actually take users to websites that are operated by cyber criminals. There ae a few things that malicious websites can be used for:
- They can try to trick you into sharing your personal and financial information. This is called a phishing scheme.
- They may try to offer you some software that will turn out to be malware. Then your sensitive information will again be at risk, and your computer may have troubles running.
- Your PC may become a target for infections as soon as you are transferred to the malicious websites.
How Did Kijojo.com End up on My Computer?
Browser hijacker usually are distributed through bundled downloads. This method is used by numerous potentially unwanted programs. There are a few things you can do to avoid bundled downloads:
- Refrain from downloading any free programs available on third-party websites. They often host bundled software.
- Be sure to read carefully through the information you are presented with in the install wizard.
- Opt for Custom/Advanced installation. This will show you whether there are any additional programs on the installer and you will be able to prevent them from being installed.
How Do I Remove Kijojo.com?
First of all, you need to go to Control Panel and open the list of programs. Then you have to locate any unfamiliar programs and remove them. After that, go to your browser and reset its settings. This should take care of the problem. However, it is likely that there are more unwanted programs on your computer. Also, the PC is vulnerable to infection. This is why we recommend having a reliable anti-malware program on it. This will get rid of all intruders. At the same time it will make sure that no unwanted software will infiltrate it in the future.
1. Remove/Uninstall Kijojo.com in Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps to remove that program. No matter if you are using Windows 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program get left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, mistakes with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Select the program that you want to remove, and press “Uninstall” (fig.3).
Follow the instructions above and you will successfully uninstall Kijojo.com.
2. Remove Kijojo.com from your browser
Select the “Add-ons” icon from the menu
Select Kijojo.com and click “Remove”
After Kijojo.com is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red “X” in the top right corner and start it again.
Select Kijojo.com to remove, and then click ‘Disable’. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected toolbar, and some additional toolbars might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click ‘Disable’.
After Kijojo.com has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red ‘X’ in the top right corner and start it again.
From the drop menu select ‘Preferences’
In the new window select ‘Extensions’
Click once on Kijojo.com
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall Kijojo.com. Select ‘Uninstall’ again, and the Kijojo.com will be removed.
In order to remove any associated objects that are left after uninstall and detect any other threats, you should:
3. Start Your PC in Safe Mode to Remove Kijojo.com.
For Windows XP, Vista, 7 systems:
1. Remove all CDs and DVDs, and then Restart your PC from the “Start” menu.
– For PCs with a single operating system: Press “F8” repeatedly after the first boot screen shows up during the restart of your computer. In case the Windows logo appears on the screen, you have to repeat the same task again.
– For PCs with multiple operating systems: Тhe arrow keys will help you select the operating system you prefer to start in Safe Mode. Press “F8” just as described for a single operating system.
3. As the “Advanced Boot Options” screen appears, select the Safe Mode option you want using the arrow keys. As you make your selection, press “Enter“.
4. Log on to your computer using your administrator account
While your computer is in Safe Mode, the words “Safe Mode” will appear in all four corners of your screen.
For Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 systems:
Step 1: Open the Start Menu
Step 2: Whilst holding down Shift button, click on Power and then click on Restart.
Step 3: After reboot, the aftermentioned menu will appear. From there you should choose Troubleshoot.
Step 4: You will see the Troubleshoot menu. From this menu you can choose Advanced Options.
Step 5: After the Advanced Options menu appears, click on Startup Settings.
Step 6: Click on Restart.
Step 7: A menu will appear upon reboot. You should choose Safe Mode by pressing its corresponding number and the machine will restart.
4. Remove Kijojo.com automatically by downloading an advanced anti-malware program.
To clean your computer you must download an updated anti-malware program on a safe PC and then install it on the affected computer in offline mode. After that you should boot into safe mode and scan your computer to remove all Kijojo.com associated objects.
- Guide 1: How to Remove Kijojo.com from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of Kijojo.com on Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove Kijojo.com in Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase Kijojo.com from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall Kijojo.com from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove Kijojo.com from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate Kijojo.com from Internet Explorer.
- Guide 8: Disable Kijojo.com Push Notifications in Your Browsers.
How to Remove Kijojo.com from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove Kijojo.com
Step 2: Uninstall Kijojo.com and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by Kijojo.com on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by Kijojo.com there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of Kijojo.com from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall Kijojo.com and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Kijojo.com via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove Kijojo.com files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as Kijojo.com, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove Kijojo.com from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase Kijojo.com from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall Kijojo.com from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove Kijojo.com from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the Kijojo.com will be removed.
Eliminate Kijojo.com from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.
Remove Push Notifications caused by Kijojo.com from Your Browsers.
Turn Off Push Notifications from Google Chrome
To disable any Push Notices from Google Chrome browser, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Go to Settings in Chrome.
Step 2: In Settings, select “Advanced Settings”:
Step 3: Click “Content Settings”:
Step 4: Open “Notifications”:
Step 5: Click the three dots and choose Block, Edit or Remove options:
Remove Push Notifications on Firefox
Step 1: Go to Firefox Options.
Step 2: Go to “Settings”, type “notifications” in the search bar and click "Settings":
Step 3: Click “Remove” on any site you wish notifications gone and click “Save Changes”
Stop Push Notifications on Opera
Step 1: In Opera, press ALT+P to go to Settings
Step 2: In Setting search, type “Content” to go to Content Settings.
Step 3: Open Notifications:
Step 4: Do the same as you did with Google Chrome (explained below):
Eliminate Push Notifications on Safari
Step 1: Open Safari Preferences.
Step 2: Choose the domain from where you like push pop-ups gone and change to "Deny" from "Allow".