Krab Web (also KrabWeb or Krab Web virus) is an adware program used to serve targeted advertisements on the web pages the user visits. Although the application is not malicious, experts recommend its removal due to the potential risks associated with third-party advertisements.
Krab Web’s Symptoms
- Created by SuperWeb LLC, Krab Web is advertised as freeware that is supposed to enhance the user’s shopping experience by displaying online coupons, deals, and offers. Many users may find this functionality useful, but experts warn that the displayed ads may lead to unverified or even malicious web pages and expose the affected system to numerous risks.
- Krab Web may access the user’s browsing data, like bookmarks, browsing history and search entries, and at some point even share it with third party advertisers.
- On some cases, PC users report unwanted redirects to predetermined web pages that may be associated with Krab Web.
Krab Web’s Distribution
Krab Web can end up on your computer as a part of a freeware bundle. Adware and potentially unwanted programs often get installed on a machine without the user noticing them. Most users do not pay attention as they install new programs on their PC and automatically click on the “Next” button until the installation is done. The Custom options assure full transparency of the process; you can view a list of the additional add-ons, plug-ins, and applications that get installed alongside the initially downloaded software and opt out. The experts advise choosing your download sources and keep your anti-virus program up-to-date.
Adware programs also are delivered through drive-by downloads and spam email attachments.
Remove Krab Web from Your PC
Krab Web might not be malicious in its nature, but the promoted third party advertisement hide a potential risk of malware infiltration if you click on them. This is why erasing Krab Web from your computer is the responsible thing to do. Krab Web can be deleted manually or with a competent anti-spyware tool. Below you will find a step-by-step manual on how to remove Krab Web permanently from your machine.
Spy Hunter FREE scanner will only detect the threat. If you want the threat to be automatically removed, you need to purchase the full version of the anti-malware tool. Find Out More About SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool
- Guide 1: How to Remove Krab Web from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of Krab Web from Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove Krab Web from Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase Krab Web from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall Krab Web from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove Krab Web from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate Krab Web from Internet Explorer.
How to Remove Krab Web from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove Krab Web
Step 2: Uninstall Krab Web and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by Krab Web on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by Krab Web there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of Krab Web from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall Krab Web and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Krab Web via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove Krab Web files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as Krab Web, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove Krab Web from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase Krab Web from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall Krab Web from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove Krab Web from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the Krab Web will be removed.
Eliminate Krab Web from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.