|Name||Awesome Shoppers Ads|
|Type||Ad-supported application, PUP|
|Short Description||The application is supposed to help the user find deals on items he wishes to buy online.|
|Symptoms||Display of unwanted advertisements – pop-ups, banners, in-text ads.|
|Distribution Method||Alongside other freeware products.|
|Detection tool||Download SpyHunter, to See If Your System Has Been Affected By Awesome Shoppers Ads|
What Are Awesome Shoppers Ads?
Awesome Shoppers Ads are produced by the browser extension Awesome Shoppers. Shocking, right? This program promises that it will help users find top deals when they are shopping online. This way it is supposed to save them both time and money. This program is, of course, classified as adware. It will start presenting advertisements as soon as it has been installed on your PC. It will do this on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Adware programs are considered to be unwanted. They do not only interfere with the user’s browsing, but they also can also be a potential risk for the system’s security. It is also doubtful whether they are helpful at all. The best thing you can do for your PC is to remove Awesome Shoppers Ads as soon as possible.
What Do Awesome Shoppers Ads Do?
Awesome Shopper Ads will appear constantly once the adware has been installed. They will bother you more than help you. There is no way to get rid of them while the program is active on your computer. The ads will indeed show various deals, promotions, and discounts. However, there is one problem with this: there is no way to be certain that these ads are real and will lead to reliable websites.
Why Are Awesome Shoppers Ads Unwanted?
The reason that it is advised that you remove Awesome Shoppers Ads from your computer is because they may be misleading and end up transferring you to malicious websites. Adware programs are easily exploitable by cyber criminals in order to promote harmful websites. If you click on a misleading ad, there are a couple of possibilities:
- You end up on a phishing website, whose purpose is to trick you into disclosing your personal and financial information. These websites often claim that the user has won some prize in order to disclose said information.
- Your computer may become the target of malware attacks. Then you are in big trouble. Your system may stop functioning properly. All of your personal and financial information will likely be stolen, and you do not want cyber criminals to have their hands on it.
- As you can see, there is nothing awesome about Awesome Shoppers Ads. This is why you need to make sure that you remove them as soon as possible.
How Did Awesome Shoppers Ads Get on My Computer?
Although the adware has an official website, it cannot be downloaded from there. The program can still end up on your computer though. It can do this via bundled downloads. This is a common tactic used by adware programs. If you are an inattentive user, you can get unwanted programs on your PC by accident. There are a few things we recommend to avoid getting such applications on your computer:
- Always check the websites you download the programs from. Do not acquire software from third-party distributors.
- It is important to read all information presented to you via the install wizard.
- Select the Advanced/Custom installation method. This will allow you to deselect any additional programs, and thus prevent them from being installed.
How to Remove Awesome Shoppers Ads?
Removing Awesome Shoppers Ads is easy business. Go to Control Panel, open the list of programs, find Awesome Shoppers, and uninstall it. There is a catch, however. There may be more unwanted programs on your PC. What is even worse, there may be malware on it. This is why it is recommended that you acquire a reliable antimalware program. It will get rid of all unwanted software automatically, and at the same time it will ensure that your system does not get compromised again.
Spy Hunter scanner will only detect the threat. If you want the threat to be automatically removed, you need to purchase the full version of the anti-malware tool.Find Out More About SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool / How to Uninstall SpyHunter