The Clickpush.biz redirect is a widely distributed web threat which takes the common form of a browser based plugin or a web script. Upon installation different malicious actions can take place including data theft and the modification of certain settings. Our in-depth removal guide shows how victims can restore their computers and delete the infection.
|Short Description||Clickpush.biz is a web page, caused by a browser hijacker. It is unwanted, because it may lead you to dangerous sites.|
|Symptoms||Your web browser may start to behave in a strange way. You may receive redirects and other types of ads and your PC’s performance may sharply decline.|
|Distribution Method||Bundled downloads. Web pages which may advertise it.|
See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Clickpush.biz.|
Clickpush.biz – HOW Did I Get It
The Clickpush.biz redirect is a classic example of a browser-based threat which is actively being spread against computer users worldwide. Some of the popular methods are the following:
- Plugin Repositories — The hackers can upload the malicious samples onto the relevant extension repositories using fake credentials and posting a lucrative description aiming to offer new features or performance optimizations.
- Macro-Infected Documents — The hackers can create documents of all popular file types containing dangerous macros that will install the Clickpush.biz redirect when the users interact with them.
- Setup Packages — The threat can be added as an add-on to application installers of popular software that is often downloaded by end users.
In addition other distribution tactics can be used if the criminals desire to do so.
Clickpush.biz – What Does It DO
The Clickpush.biz redirect is a dangerous threat which will reconfigure the compromised systems into opening up a hacker-controlled page. As a result of this it will also a multitude of malicious actions:
- Tracking & Surveillance — Through the installation of tracking cookies and remote control scripts the hackers will be able to spy on the activities of the users.
- Malware Contents Presentation — By redirecting the users to a particular hacker-designed site they will be presented with all kinds of dangerous content. This includes both intrusive ads (which generate income for the operators) and the possibility of getting infected with other malware such as ransomware and Trojans.
- Data Harvesting — The Clickpush.biz redirect can be programmed to gather information both about the user and the victim machine. This allows for the identification and exposure of the identity of the users and a generation of an unique ID that can be assigned to each compromised host.
Such redirects are very useful for launching cryptocurrency miners which will take advantage of the available hardware resources in order to generate cryptocurrency for the hackers.
How to REMOVE Clickpush.biz
The removal of Clickpush.biz may be a very tricky process, because of the fact that the unwanted program introducing this scam page may have files spread all of your hard drive. This is the main reason why we strongly advise you to follow the removal steps below. They are made so that if the problem persists after step 1 and 2, you can use a powerful anti-malware software(recommended). Be advised that security professionals often advise victims to remove this adware via an advanced anti-malware program. This will help save you significant time and will make sure that all of the persistent files and objects of Clickpush.biz are fully gone from your PC.
- Guide 1: How to Remove Clickpush.biz from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of Clickpush.biz from Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove Clickpush.biz from Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase Clickpush.biz from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall Clickpush.biz from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove Clickpush.biz from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate Clickpush.biz from Internet Explorer.
How to Remove Clickpush.biz from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove Clickpush.biz
Step 2: Uninstall Clickpush.biz and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by Clickpush.biz on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by Clickpush.biz there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of Clickpush.biz from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall Clickpush.biz and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Clickpush.biz via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove Clickpush.biz files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as Clickpush.biz, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove Clickpush.biz from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase Clickpush.biz from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall Clickpush.biz from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove Clickpush.biz from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the Clickpush.biz will be removed.
Eliminate Clickpush.biz from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.