This article will help you to remove Congratulations Google User You’ve Been Selected Pop-Up efficiently. Follow the redirect removal instructions given at the end of the article.
Congratulations Google User You’ve Been Selected is a browser pop-up infection. The website will redirect you to its own search engine and could push advertisements. While using its services, you can find yourself on unfamiliar pages with lots of pop-ups and sponsored content that go through this hijacker. The hijacker might change the start page, new tab, and search settings for the browser applications you have on your Mac.
|Name||Congratulations Google User You've Been Selected|
|Type||Intrusive Pop-Ups, PUP|
|Short Description||Each browser application on your computer could get affected. The hijacker can redirect you and will display lots of advertisements.|
|Symptoms||Browser settings which are altered are the homepage, search engine and the new tab.|
|Distribution Method||Freeware Installations, Bundled Packages|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by Congratulations Google User You've Been Selected |
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Congratulations Google User You've Been Selected.|
Congratulations Google User You’ve Been Selected Pop-Up for Mac – Delivery
The “Congratulations Google User You’ve Been Selected Pop-Up” is a persistent and annoying threat that targets both iOS and Mac OS users. It is distributed using several methods such as the following:
- Spam Sites — By mistyping addresses of well-known companies or Internet portals the users will be lured into the pop-ups. This is done by creating similar sounding pages and domain names.
- Email Message Redirects — Spam messages that are part of large phishing campaigns can include the links to the pop-up. This is a common way of spreading such malicious threats to large groups of people. The senders can impersonate Google, Apple or other companies.
- Infected Documents — Macro-infected documents of all popular types can be embedded with scripts that can call the pop-up browser. Such include all files that are text documents, spreadsheets, presentations or databases. When they are opened with the necessary office program the victims will be shown a prompt that asks them to enable the scripts. If this is done the code will open up and show the pop-ups.
- Browser Hijackers — One of the main reasons sources of such infections is the creation and distribution of fake and malicious extensions for the most popular web browsers. Many of them have versions developed for the Mac and iOS operating systems as well. They are uploaded to their respective repositories with fake user reviews and developer credentials. Their descriptions will advertise performance optimizations and feature additions. When they are installed the users will be redirected to the pop-ups by changing default options: the home page, search engine and new tabs page.
Congratulations Google User You’ve Been Selected Pop-Up for Mac – Analysis
The Congratulations Google User You’ve Been Selected Pop-Up for Mac is a persistent threat which is being operated by different hackers and criminal groups. Many of them are created by smaller collectives and custom variants can arise in each subsequent campaign.
The pop-ups are usually caused by a visit of a malicious site or script instance. They promise gifts and promotions and various user interactions. This can cause various dangerous infections and system modifications:
- Web Browser Changes — In most of the cases scripts and downloads that are run by the users can manipulate the web browsers into automatically redirecting the users to the pop-up site. Example values include the following: the default home page, search engine and new tabs page.
- Sponsored Content Redirect — One of the reasons why these are popular with hackers is the fact that the pop-up links can lead to sponsored content. Every time a user interacts with the scam site income will be generated for the hacker operators.
- Malware Infections — The pop-up pages can lead to a file download that can infect the users with all popular types of malware: ransomware, Trojans and miners.
Most of them can redirect the users to phishing pages where the victims will be asked to input their account credentials for various online services. If entered they will automatically be sent to the hacker operators. Additionally landing pages, pop-ups, banners and other web content can place intrusive tracking cookies which will monitor the users activity. If combined with a data harvesting component the data can be grouped into two main categories:
- Personal Information — Information about the victim users that can expose their identities and information is automatically acquired. Examples include their real name, address, phone number, location and any stored account credentials. Stand-alone malicious infections can access contents of the hard drive, operating system memory,browsers and installed third-party applications and services.
- Hardware Information — A report of the installed hardware components can be generated. It may also acquire information about the regional settings, operating system values and user options.
Remove Congratulations Google User You’ve Been Selected Pop-Up for Mac
To remove Congratulations Google User You’ve Been Selected Pop-Up manually from your computer or any unwanted software from your Mac device we recommend that you use a specific anti-malware for Mac machines. The main goal of such a program is to scan your machine and terminate the files with malicious behavior and also clean up any malicious code in your repositories. In addition, with a specific anti-malware program, your machine will remain with a better protection and stay healthy performance-wise in the future.