This post has actually been made to describe what is the “I saw your profile” email fraud and exactly how you can remove it from your computer properly.
The I saw your profile email scam is an current attack campaign which is focused on manipulating the target recipients into thinking that they have received a message from a person who is romantically interested in them. This is a popular subtype of the so-called dating scam.
The typical malware scenario is to redirect the users to a hacker-controlled phishing landing page or directly extort the recipients for personal information. The hijacked data will be used for crimes such as identity abuse and financial theft.
|Name||I saw your profile|
|Short Description||Aims to trick victims into revealing personal information about themselves|
|Symptoms||Scam e-mails that look like notifications that have been sent by a romantic interest.|
|Distribution Method||Via e-mail spam bots.|
See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware
Malware Removal Tool
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss I saw your profile.|
I saw your profile Email Scam — What Is It?
The I Saw your profile email scam is a common malware which is categorized as a type of dating email scam. It is organized by hacking groups which make use of publicly-available information about the users. This is automatically inserted in the email messages in order to manipulate the victims into interacting with the messages.They may be sent by domain names that sound familiar and legitimate. The messages can contain different scenarios and templates.
They will be sent via botnets and already compromised computers. The criminals may also buy the required credentials in bulk from hacker underground communities and the dark web.
I saw your profile Email Scam — What Does It Do?
Messages like the I saw your profile Email scam are designed primarily to interact with the victim users. They will be manipulated to respond to the emails. Common consequences of this includes the following:
- Providing Sensitive Information — The hackers can impersonate real living profiles of women and extort the victims for personal information. The data can be used to expose their identity and be used for identity related crimes and even financial abuse.
- Phishing Links Integration — In the mail messages the hackers can include phishing links to hacker-controlled landing pages. When the users click on them they will be redirected to phishing pages that appear as company portals, social network login prompts and online banking services. If the users enter in any data it will be automatically sent to the hackers.
- Virus Infections — The email messages can also attach files or link in malware of all popular types. This includes remote control Trojans that allow the criminals to establish a connection to the target computer. The hackers will be able to take over control, steal files and spy on the users. Other common threats that are installed can be file encrypting ransomware which will process sensitive data with a strong cipher. The processed files will not be accessible by the users, they will be blackmailed to pay the criminals a decryption fee through a ransom note and a lockscreen.
The behavior patterns of the I saw your profile email scam can change at any time and be distributed via several campaigns and groups. This is the reason why we recommend that all users use a complete anti-spyware solution in order to remedy active infections and any delivered malicious payloads.
Just how to Eliminate I saw your profile E-Mail Scam
If you think that you receive those e-mails as a result of a virus or adware that is collecting your information and also this is how the cyber-criminals have gotten into your computer system, after that we suggest you to remove it ASAP. The most effective technique of doing so according to security specialists is to utilize the guidelines below in combination with an innovative anti-malware software to check your computer system. Such device intends to check your computer and also ensure that harmful data are completely gone from it and also the system is shielded against invasions.
And also if your computer system is clean, yet you intend to protect yourself from destructive e-mails, we strongly suggest that you review the associated article on just how to protect on your own from getting contaminated by harmful emails below:
- Guide 1: How to Remove I saw your profile from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of I saw your profile from Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove I saw your profile from Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase I saw your profile from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall I saw your profile from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove I saw your profile from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate I saw your profile from Internet Explorer.
How to Remove I saw your profile from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove I saw your profile
Step 2: Uninstall I saw your profile and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by I saw your profile on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by I saw your profile there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of I saw your profile from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall I saw your profile and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove I saw your profile via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove I saw your profile files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as I saw your profile, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove I saw your profile from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase I saw your profile from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall I saw your profile from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove I saw your profile from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the I saw your profile will be removed.
Eliminate I saw your profile from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.