The Helpermcp pop-up is a nasty adware that appears only on Mac computers. Its primary purpose is to redirect users to various different pages, whose main idea is to allegedly either scam you out of your information or money or to infect your Mac with more adware or even malware. This is why, we recommend that you read this article as it contains further information on how you can remove Helpermcp thoroughly from your Mac.
|Type||Adware for Mac OS|
|Short Description||Displays different forms of advertisements that may slow your Mac and often lead to unsafe sites.|
|Symptoms||Helpermcp may show all sorts of pop-ups and other types of ads. Slow Mac.|
|Distribution Method||Via software bundling, other adware or by being downloaded from the web.|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware |
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Helpermcp.|
Helpermcp Pop-up “Virus” – How Did I Get It and What Does It Do?
The Helpermcp virus may be spread via several different tactics used by its developers or other spammers. It could be advertised on a website with low-reputation as a good and helpful software that promises to improve how you use your Mac in one way or another. Not only this, but also Helpermcp could be added to different types of installers of other free apps, downloaded from third-party sites, for example Softonic. The main idea of these programs is to show Helpermcp in one of the install steps to be advertised as an “optional offer” or a “free extra” to your current installation.
Once Helpermcp is added as an app or a browser extension in Chrome, Firefox or Safari browsers, it may start creating problems for you. One of those is that Helpermcp could use trackers to monitor your online behavior, such as:
- Flash cookies.
These tracking technologies could be used to see what you type while browsing and even your saved usernames and passwords or if you type them. Not only this, but Helpermcp uses those with the main idea to show you ads and pop-ups that may be to a similar topic to your searches and interests to increase that likelyhood of you clicking on those ads.
Be advised that Helpermcp may show several types of ads on your Mac, while you are browsing. Such can be:
- Browser redirects and transfers.
- Banners that may randomly appear.
- New tab ads.
- Changed home page to an ad-supported hoax search engine that shows search ads.
- Push notifications ads.
The ads that may be shown by Helpermcp do not make it a dangerous program by itself. However, some of the websites to which those adverts could lead you could put you at risk. The main reason for that is because such sites could turn out to be:
- Scam sites that aim to scam you out of your data.
- Virus sites that can infect your Mac with all sorts of malware.
- Adware sites, that may push more software, just like Helpermcp on your Mac.
These are the main reasons why Helpermcp could eventually be indirectly risky for your Mac and most experts recommend removing it.
Remove Helpermcp Fully from Your Mac
For the removal of Helpermcp, it is strongly advisable to follow the removal steps that are posted underneath this article. They have been made to make it easier for you to hunt down or Helpermcp files and objects and delete them. For a full removal and if you want to be sure that there is no adware files on your Mac, we strongly recommend that you use an advanced cleanup software that will delete all sorts of virus files and objects to make it secure.
Before starting to follow the steps below, be advised that you should first do the following preparations:
- Backup your files in case the worst happens.
- Make sure to have a device with these instructions on standy.
- Arm yourself with patience.
Step 1: Uninstall Helpermcp and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Helpermcp via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Remove Helpermcp – related extensions from Safari / Chrome / Firefox
Step 3: Scan for and remove Helpermcp files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as Helpermcp, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.