The Idea Details app on Mac has been created with the main idea to help Mac users by improving their Mac experience. In reality, however, Idea Details could perfrom various different activities on the Mac and the browsers in it, which may result in a pop-ups, redirects and other forms of advertisements to begin to appear. Read this article to learn how to remove Idea Details from your Mac.
|Type||Browser Hijacker for Mac OS|
|Short Description||Crusader Connect can hijack your browsers to show you different advertised content.|
|Symptoms||Redirects, pop-ups, banners, highlighted text and other ads that may slow down your Mac.|
|Distribution Method||Via software bundling or by being advertised on a suspicious site.|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware |
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Idea Details.|
Idea Details Virus – How Did I Get It and What Does It Do?
Idea Details is the name of an app, whose primary purpose is to show different types of ads. To get into your Mac, it may use different methods. One of them is if Idea Details is included in the installer of another free application you may have downloaded for your Mac. Idea Details may be hidden in the installation steps of the setups of those free apps. These apps can be your favorite media player, video converter or another type of app. The outcome of this is that Idea Details app could end up being installed on your computer without you even knowing. And if you do happen to encounter it in the “Custom” or “Advanced” setup, you could see Idea Details to be offered as a “free extra” or an “optional offer” to your current install process.
Once installed on your Mac, the Idea Details app could start to modify the settings of the following web browsers:
- Google Chrome.
- Mozilla Firefox.
- Safari browser.
- Opera browser.
Once having already done this, the Idea Details Mac app could begin to perform numerous types of ads on your Mac. The ads that could be shown by it can be of the following types:
- Pop-ups that may randomly appear on your screen.
- Banners changed on the sites you visit even though you may have Adblocker on.
- Browser redirects that may cause transfers to other types of pages.
- Push notifications ads.
The advertisements shown by Idea Details may transfer you to various third-party sites, most of which are harmless, but since they cannot be verified, chances are some sites that are advertised could be dangerous to your Mac. Such sites could contain malware and also lead to scam pages that aim to scam you out of your information.
Remove Idea Details from Your Mac
Idea details can be fully deleted from your Mac if you follow the removal instructions underneath this article. They have been created to help you delete Idea Details completely from your Mac. For maximum effectiveness it is stronlgy advisable that you download and run a scan of your Mac using an advanced anti-malware software. Such cleaner can detect and remove all sorts of viruses from your Mac and make sure that it is fully clean and virus and ad free in the future.
- Guide 1: Get rid of Idea Details from Mac OS X.
- Guide 2: Remove Idea Details from Google Chrome.
- Guide 3: Erase Idea Details from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 4: Uninstall Idea Details from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 5: Delete Idea Details from Safari.
- Guide 6: Eliminate Idea Details from Internet Explorer.
Get rid of Idea Details from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall Idea Details and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Idea Details via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove malware from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts, programs and malware, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. Combo Cleaner offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove Idea Details from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase Idea Details from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall Idea Details from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Delete Idea Details from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the Idea Details will be removed.
Eliminate Idea Details from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.
Idea Details FAQ
What is Idea Details?
Idea Details is classified as a potentially unwanted app for Mac. It appears like a normal app, but it may cause unpleasant pop-ups and redirects on your Mac.
Be aware, that Idea Details may be able to affect the browsers Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and Opera. It may they perform unwanted activities on your Mac.
Such can turn out to be showing advertisements of all types, slowing down your Mac's performance and even infecting your Mac with other viruses by showing you dangerous ads.
Is Idea Details a Virus?
It may also cause dangers and may lead to risky websites, such as:
- Phishing sites.
- Web pages that are scam.
- Sites that may contain viruses.
These are the main reasons why threatening is considered by experts to be indirectly dangerous to your Mac.
Can my Mac get virus?
The answer to this question is "yes". Unfortunately it opened happens that Mac devices become infected with different types of malware, adware and other threats. This causes a lot of problems for both companies and users.
How did I get Idea Details?
Idea Details could be spread to Mac computers via several methods. One of those methods is via the installers of third party apps. This technique is called software bundling.
Also, Idea Details adware could be included in the installer steps of an app you may have downloaded for your Mac from a third party website. Search app could be a media player or some other free software you may have tried to recently install.
You may have missed Idea Details, because it could be hiding in one of the install steps or could be offered as a "free extra" or an "optional offer".
How to remove Idea Details from my Mac?
By removing its core files. To get rid of Idea Details from your Mac, security experts strongly advise to scan it with a professional anti-malware app for Mac.
An anti-malware security app has the capability of scanning all of the areas in your Mac were Idea Details could be residing.
It will also make sure that Idea Details is permanently gone from your Mac and that your Mac is safe in the future.
How to protect my Mac from viruses?
To protect your Mac from all sorts of virus threats, you can can minimize the risk of getting a virus in the first place. This is why we strongly recommend that you take the following steps for protection on your Mac below:
1. Register for a VPN service of your choice.
2. Clear the cookies that are on your web browsers and uninstall any browser extensions from them that you believe are suspicious.
3. Download and install reputable malware removal and protection software.
4. Always check if the website you're visiting has HTTPS instead of just HTTP in its address. This indicates that a site is secure.
5. Do not type any personal info on websites which are with low reputation or you can't trust.
6. Always check if the site you're visiting is the real web page at not a fake one by looking at the address bar. Many fishing websites that contain viruses change one or two letters in the main domain name of the site they're trying to mimic.
7. Always link your cell phone phone to your Bank Accounts, PayPal, Facebook, Gmail, Instagram and other accounts. This will allow you to see notification if somebody else logged in from your account and makes account hijacking nearly impossible.
8. Always find a way to backup all your important files regularly. You can save them on a USB stick or use Cloud backup services, like Google Drive. iDrive, Onedrive and others.