What Is Hidden Menu?
Hidden Menu is a suspicious application that targets Android users. Once installed on your device in a covert manner, Hidden Menu could compromise your device’s security by obtaining your passwords and generating intrusive browser redirects to scamming pages.
Other capabilities may range from taking control over your camera to stealing your passwords and financial details, suggesting that this is a very dangerous malware.
Hidden Menu Threat Summary
|Short Description||May enter your device and steal crucial information from it.|
|Symptoms||You may see slow downs and other activities on your device.|
|Distribution Method||Via fake third-party apps or adverts.|
Hidden Menu Virus – How Did I Get It?
This is a malicious app that may enter your device through Android vulnerabilities or opening suspicious links or email attachments.
Infection methods include the following:
- In case it is downloaded as some type of a third-party application that is outside Google Play Store.
- If your Android device has had a malicious script being injected on it as a result of tapping on a malicious link or a browser redirect.
- If an otherwise legitimate application has pushed a dangerous advertisement on your Android, that has redirected to a virus script page.
Hidden Menu Virus – What Does It Do?
The malware could get permissions over your Android from its settings, while pretending to likely be some kind of a legitimate application. It may have components that are installed in a hidden way after getting those permissions, and these components are responsible for its malicious actions. Based on what its initial purpose, the software may perform the following malicious activities:
- Regular checks of the phone.
- Obtaining the phone’s contacts.
- Complete control of the SMS services.
- Complete control of the phone’s phone calls.
- Changing the malicious web server from which virus files are downloaded.
- Creating a lock screen on your device and showing a third-party web page.
- Running scripts that accumulate password and username info for different purposes.
- Switching off and or restarting a device.
Removing Hidden Menu from your Android device is high advisable.
How to Remove Hidden Menu Malware from Android
Hidden Menu can be removed effectively from your Android if you follow the steps below. They have been created with the primary purpose to help you uninstall this application manually by resetting your device. One advise that we will give you is to backup all the data on your device and change all of your passwords from a safe computer or phone.
Preparation before removal of malware.
Before starting the actual removal process, we recommend that you do the following preparation steps.
- Turn off your phone until you know how bad is the virus infection.
- Open these steps on another, safe device.
- Make sure to take out your SIM card, as the virus could corrupt it in some rare cases.
Step 1: Shut Down your phone to win some time
Shutting down your phone can be done by pressing and holding its power button and choosing shut down.
In case the virus does not let you do this, you can also try to remove the battery.
In case your battery is non-removable, you can try to drain it as fast as possible if you still have control over it.
Notes: This gives you time to see how bad the situation is and to be able to take out your SIM card safely, without the numbers in it to be erased. If the virus is on your computer, it is espeically dangerous to keep the sim card there.
Step 2: Turn on Safe Mode of your Android device.
For most Android devices, switching to Safe Mode is the same. Its done by following these mini-steps:
Step 3: Eliminate the App that Your Believe is the Virus
Usually Android viruses get masked in the form of applications. To eliminate apps, follow these mini-steps:
Step 4: Find Hidden Virus Files on Your Android Phone and Remove Them
Simply locate the virus and hold-tap on the virus file to delete it.