|Name||Error Code UR97L1DA2TA Pop-Up|
|Type||Fake Tech Support virus alert.|
|Short Description||This particular threat blocks out your browser displaying a message claiming your PC has been infected./td>|
|Symptoms||It may display lock down the web browser, preventing it to open other pages. Features scary messages that personal user information has been leaked.|
|Distribution Method||No clear method yet. Possibilities are if there is a browser hijacker present on the machine that is inducing redirects on computers or if clicked on suspicious ads.|
|Detection tool||Download Advanced anti-malware tool, to See If Your System Has Been Affected By Error Code UR97L1DA2TA Pop-Up|
A suspicious error code has appeared out into the open connected mainly with computers using Safari. It displays a web page that blocks the web browser, preventing users to use it for an unlimited period. Users also report customer support type of phone numbers being displayed with instructions to call them to fix the viruses shown in the message. This message may include different scareware text messages, which aim to induce fear in the user, making him believe his system is compromised.
Error code UR97L1DA2TA – How Did I Become Affected?
There are many ways by which a user can be transferred to this malicious web link. One of those ways is to click on a scareware pop-up, believing there is a virus on the computer, hot linking the user to this webpage.
Another way to get it is if you have a suspicious extension (Potentially unwanted application that is ad-supported) or a virus on the computer,. Such may modify the browser settings on the affected PC, setting the webpage that displays the error message as a home page and a new tab page.
More about UR97L1DA2TA Error Code Web Page
Users report that the particular web page connected with this error code locks out the web browser and displays a threatening message. This is reported by engineers as a part of a scam to make users either:
- Give away their personal information to fake customer support representatives.
- Install malware, following the ‘tech support representatives’.
- Be subscribed to expensive SMS services that drain money out of their phone’s account.
- Be charged enormous amount of money by the minute for the phone call.
The webpage is also reported to block out the user so that they cannot close Safari the conventional way, thus increasing the suspicion of the inexperienced user that they have a virus on their computer. It may also display messages that the user PC has been compromised, and his information may be stolen, giving financial information, address, personal ID number as examples to scare users.
Also, in case this home page has been set by a suspicious extension in your browser, bear in mind that there is some possibility it redirected you to other shady third-party sites. Such are very dangerous because they may conceal actual malware and install it on your PC.
Removing Error Code UR97L1DA2TA from Your Machine
Security experts advise following these instructions for the removal of this scam and also to install an anti-malware program that will help with the detection of any potentially unwanted programs or viruses connected with it.
Spy Hunter scanner will only detect the threat. If you want the threat to be automatically removed, you need to purchase the full version of the anti-malware tool.Find Out More About SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool / How to Uninstall SpyHunter
This is how you remove Error code UR97L1DA2TA pop-up web page from your computer:
Step 1: Force Quite Safari
- Press command+option+esc keys at the same time and wait.
- Force Quit window shall appear, in it select Safari if you haven’t.
- Click the Force Quit button after which Safari should quit.
Step 2: Run Safari offline
- Start Safari while holding down the shift button.
- Turn off your Wi-Fi and then turn it on again by clicking on the Turn WiFi Off from the WiFi icon in the menu bar.
- Even though you do not have the internet, go to another site.
- Using the same method for turning off your WiFi, turn it back on and connect to your network.
Step 3: Delete your Cookies
- Go to Safari ->Preferences ->Privacy->Cookies and other website data.
- Click on Detail.
- Remove all of your cookies, but the ones from Apple and the ones relevant to you.
If this doesn’t work or you have another OS or browser running, it is also recommended that you follow the description, provided for you from the tutorial below.
First, remove Error Code UR97L1DA2TA Pop-Up from your browser
Select the “Add-ons” icon from the menu
Select Error Code UR97L1DA2TA Pop-Up and click “Remove”
After Error Code UR97L1DA2TA Pop-Up is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red “X” in the top right corner and start it again.
Select Error Code UR97L1DA2TA Pop-Up to remove, and then click ‘Disable’. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected toolbar, and some additional toolbars might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click ‘Disable’.
After Error Code UR97L1DA2TA Pop-Up has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red ‘X’ in the top right corner and start it again.
From the drop menu select ‘Preferences’
In the new window select ‘Extensions’
Click once on Error Code UR97L1DA2TA Pop-Up
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall Error Code UR97L1DA2TA Pop-Up. Select ‘Uninstall’ again, and the Error Code UR97L1DA2TA Pop-Up will be removed.
In order to remove any associated objects that are left after uninstall and detect any other threats, you should:
Second, start Your PC in Safe Mode to Remove Error Code UR97L1DA2TA Pop-Up.
Removing Error Code UR97L1DA2TA Pop-Up from Windows XP, Vista, 7 systems:
1. Remove all CDs and DVDs, and then Restart your PC from the “Start” menu.
– For PCs with a single operating system: Press “F8” repeatedly after the first boot screen shows up during the restart of your computer. In case the Windows logo appears on the screen, you have to repeat the same task again.
– For PCs with multiple operating systems: Тhe arrow keys will help you select the operating system you prefer to start in Safe Mode. Press “F8” just as described for a single operating system.
3. As the “Advanced Boot Options” screen appears, select the Safe Mode option you want using the arrow keys. As you make your selection, press “Enter“.
4. Log on to your computer using your administrator account
While your computer is in Safe Mode, the words “Safe Mode” will appear in all four corners of your screen.
Removing Error Code UR97L1DA2TA Pop-Up from Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 systems:
Whilst holding down Shift button, click on Power and then click on Restart.
A menu will appear upon reboot. You should choose Safe Mode by pressing its corresponding number and the machine will restart and boot into Safe Mode so you can scan for and remove Error Code UR97L1DA2TA Pop-Up.
Finally, remove Error Code UR97L1DA2TA Pop-Up automatically by downloading an advanced anti-malware program.
To clean your computer you should download an updated anti-malware program on a safe PC and then install it on the affected computer in offline mode. After that you should boot into safe mode and scan your computer to remove all Error Code UR97L1DA2TA Pop-Up associated objects.