Intense Results is an ad-supported browser add-on that is classified as a PUP (potentially unwanted program.) Intense Results is known to insert a variety of third-party advertisements in the user’s browser, causing redirects t suspicious sites and collecting browsing data for marketing purposes. The removal of Intense Results is advisory for security reasons.
Intense Results – Distribution
Intense Results can be downloaded for free online, or it may be installed on the user’s PC as an additional component, part of a freeware bundle. The add-on is disclosed in an unclear manner, and if users go for the “standard” installation option, they wouldn’t even notice it. This confusion can be easily avoided – all users need to do is select the Advanced options and un-tick any optional components.
Intense Results – Symptoms
- Once installed, Intense Results starts displaying intrusive marketing materials (pop-ups, banners, deals, coupons) that may pose a number of security risks to the affected computer. The promoted marketing content may direct the user to corrupt web pages and clicking on the ads may result in malware infiltration.
- Intense Results may initiate redirects to suspicious websites within the popular web browsers (IE, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari.)
- Intense Results may also track personally non-identifiable information, such as IP address, location, search entries, web pages visited, data entered on the web pages you view. The collected information may be used to deliver customized advertisements to the PC user.
Intense Results – Removal Manual
Intense Results is a legitimate application, yet researchers recommend its removal so the risk of malware infiltration on the affected machine would be minimized. The add-on can be deleted manually or with a reliable AV application. The manual below will help you remove Intense Results from your computer permanently.
Spy Hunter scanner will only detect the threat. If you want the threat to be automatically removed, you need to purchase the full version of the anti-malware tool.Find Out More About SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool / How to Uninstall SpyHunter
- Guide 1: How to Remove Intense Results from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of Intense Results from Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove Intense Results from Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase Intense Results from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall Intense Results from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove Intense Results from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate Intense Results from Internet Explorer.
How to Remove Intense Results from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove Intense Results
Step 2: Uninstall Intense Results and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the program or its folder to the recycle bin can be a very bad decision. If you do that, bits and pieces of the program are left behind, and that can lead to unstable work of your PC, errors with the file type associations and other unpleasant activities. The proper way to get a program off your computer is to Uninstall it.
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by Intense Results on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by Intense Results there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of Intense Results from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall Intense Results and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Intense Results via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove malware from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts, programs and malware, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. Combo Cleaner offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.
Remove Intense Results from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Step 3: From the opened "Extensions" menu locate the unwanted extension and click on its "Remove" button.
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Erase Intense Results from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Step 4: After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red "X" button at the top right corner and start it again.
Uninstall Intense Results from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove Intense Results from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 2: After hovering your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click on the Safari text to open its drop down menu.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the Intense Results will be removed.
Eliminate Intense Results from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.
Step 4: Select the extension you want to remove and then click 'Disable'. A pop-up window will appear to inform you that you are about to disable the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and click 'Disable'.
Step 5: After the unwanted extension has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it from the red 'X' button located at the top right corner and start it again.