The Youtubeconverter.io website belongs to a potentially unwanted application, also known as PUA for Macs. The app’s main purpose is to appear as if it is a helpful YouTube video converter that can rip audio from YouTube for free. However, all of this comes at a cost. Youtubeconverter.io may cause multiple redirects on Safari, Chrome and Firefox browsers of your Mac, change new tab and home pages and read and change that data on the sites you visit. Read this article to learn how to remove Youtubeconverter.io completely from your Mac and stop its redirects.
|Type||PUA for Mac OS|
|Short Description||A potentially unwanted program that may show advertisements or ask you to enroll in licenses.|
|Symptoms||Various types of ads may begin to appear on your Mac’s web browsers.|
|Distribution Method||Via bundling or by being downloaded from a site.|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware |
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Youtubeconverter.io.|
Youtubeconverter.io – How Did I Get It and What Does It Do?
The primary method of propagation that is used by Youtubeconverter.io is done by downloading it from a shady site, which advertises it as a legitimate and helpful tool for your YouTube experience. Another way via which Youtubeconverter.io can land on your computer could eventually turn out to be spreading the virus via software bundling. This means that you could find Youtubeconverter.io to be added somewhere in the software setup of another free app. There, the app is advertised as a “free extra” or an “optional offer” to the installation.
The main user interface of Youtubeconverter.io looks like the following:
Once on your computer, the Youtubeconverter.io can perform the following activities on your computer:
- Read the data on the websites you visit.
- Change content on the sites you visit.
This is done so that Youtubeconverter.io can display the following ads on your Mac:
- Push notifications ads.
- Highlighted Text ads.
- Browser Redirects.
- Online search result ads.
Besides that the ads that could be shown by Youtubeconverter.io could slow down your Mac significantly. They could also present the following risks to it.
- Phishing pages, that aim to steal you usernames and passwords.
- Scam sites that aim to get you to call fake tech support numbers or download rogue applications.
- Virus sites that could inject malicious scripts and infect your Mac with a virus.
This is what makes Youtubeconverter.io indirectly dangerous to your Mac and its removal recommended.
Remove Youtubeconverter.io from Your Mac
If you want to remove Youtubeconverter.io, we recommend that you follow the steps for removal for Mac below. They contain the necessary measures you need to take to get rid of Youtubeconverter.io completely from your Mac. Furthermore if you want the most effective and best solution for removal of Youtubeconverter.io, it is strongly recommended to download and run a scan with an advanced cleaner software for Mac. Such app will detect all of the leftover files, belonging to Youtubeconverter.io from your computer and make sure that your Mac is safe and clean.
Before starting to follow the steps below, be advised that you should first do the following preparations:
- Backup your files in case the worst happens.
- Make sure to have a device with these instructions on standy.
- Arm yourself with patience.
Step 1: Uninstall Youtubeconverter.io and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Youtubeconverter.io via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Remove Youtubeconverter.io – related extensions from Safari / Chrome / Firefox
Step 3: Scan for and remove Youtubeconverter.io files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as Youtubeconverter.io, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.