If you have landed our page, it is quite likely that QQovd.com has been set up as your homepage without your permission. When the STF team researched the search engine, we discovered that it’s developed by 123.rede.com and is evidently the very same thing. If the search provider QQovd.com or 123.rede.com has hijacked the user’s browser without his initial consent, a full system scan may be needed so that all threats brought by QQovd.com are eliminated.
As visible by the 123.rede.com’s Privacy statements, once the user uses their services, his information may be automatically collected and kept in server logs. Collected data may include:
- Search queries and details of used services.
- Information about the device and its functions such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings.
- Browser types, language preferences, date and time.
- Referral URL.
By thoroughly examining the Privacy Statement made by 123.rede.com, it becomes evident that different kinds of personally identifiable and non-identifiable information are gathered. Here are several examples:
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers – collected after the user has visited a service provided by 123REDE or a product update has occurred.
- Gathered information may be provided to 123REDE’s partners, e.g. advertising services.
- Gathered information may be used to provide ‘tailored’ content.
→N.B. The company’s servers are located all around the world meaning that any personal information may be processed to a server anywhere in the world. 123REDE also collects software details such as the user’s operating system, browser version, etc.
QQovd.com Installation Method
It is possible that the user has downloaded QQovd.com unknowingly alongside another browser extension or software product. If this is the case, opting out of the automatic software installer and reading the EULA/ Download Agreement is very important. Just check if QQovd.com or other suspicious tool is added in the package and uncheck it.
QQovd.com Removal Options
Once installed, QQovd.com and 123.rede.com may cause unwanted browser redirects that may put the user’s identity at risk. That is why their complete uninstallation is advisory. Also, if the user is witnessing an aggressive display of banners and pop-up advertisements, he should be alarmed that PUPs and adware may be running silently in the background.
Have a look at the step-by-step guide created by the STF research team.
Spy Hunter scanner will only detect the threat. If you want the threat to be automatically removed, you need to purchase the full version of the anti-malware tool.Find Out More About SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool / How to Uninstall SpyHunter
- Guide 1: How to Remove Remove QQovd.com and 123.rede.com from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of Remove QQovd.com and 123.rede.com from Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove Remove QQovd.com and 123.rede.com from Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase Remove QQovd.com and 123.rede.com from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall Remove QQovd.com and 123.rede.com from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove Remove QQovd.com and 123.rede.com from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate Remove QQovd.com and 123.rede.com from Internet Explorer.
How to Remove Remove QQovd.com and 123.rede.com from Windows.
Step 1: Boot Your PC In Safe Mode to isolate and remove Remove QQovd.com and 123.rede.com
Step 2: Uninstall Remove QQovd.com and 123.rede.com and related software from Windows
Step 3: Clean any registries, created by Remove QQovd.com and 123.rede.com on your computer.
The usually targeted registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by opening the Windows registry editor and deleting any values, created by Remove QQovd.com and 123.rede.com there. This can happen by following the steps underneath:
Get rid of Remove QQovd.com and 123.rede.com from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Uninstall Remove QQovd.com and 123.rede.com and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Remove QQovd.com and 123.rede.com via Step 1 above:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove malware from your Mac
Remove Remove QQovd.com and 123.rede.com from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu
Step 2: Move the cursor over "Tools" and then from the extended menu choose "Extensions"
Erase Remove QQovd.com and 123.rede.com from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: Start Mozilla Firefox. Open the menu window
Step 2: Select the "Add-ons" icon from the menu.
Step 3: Select the unwanted extension and click "Remove"
Uninstall Remove QQovd.com and 123.rede.com from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Start Edge browser.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
Step 3: From the drop menu select "Extensions".
Step 4: Choose the suspected malicious extension you want to remove and then click on the gear icon.
Step 5: Remove the malicious extension by scrolling down and then clicking on Uninstall.
Remove Remove QQovd.com and 123.rede.com from Safari.
Step 1: Start the Safari app.
Step 3: From the menu, click on "Preferences".
Step 4: After that, select the 'Extensions' Tab.
Step 5: Click once on the extension you want to remove.
Step 6: Click 'Uninstall'.
A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation to uninstall the extension. Select 'Uninstall' again, and the Remove QQovd.com and 123.rede.com will be removed.
Eliminate Remove QQovd.com and 123.rede.com from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Click on the gear icon labeled 'Tools' to open the drop menu and select 'Manage Add-ons'
Step 3: In the 'Manage Add-ons' window.