Trojan:Win32/Gophe.A is a Trojan that invades your computer with the sole purpose to steal your sensitive data.
How Does Trojan:Win32/Gophe.A Work?
Once Trojan:Win32/Gophe.A infiltrates your system, it will create a BAT (Batch Processing file) file in the Temp folder. The reason behind creating a batch file is to delete its copy after it’s stolen your personal data.
Trojan:Win32/Gophe.A is capable of stealing the following information from you:
Your stolen data then goes straight to the hacker behind the threat. Malware experts have detected the Trojan to contact the 176.
How Does Trojan:Win32/Gophe.A Infiltrate Your System and How to Protect It?
The most common ways of Trojans infiltrating users’ PCs is via infected websites, free programs and pirated software, emails and removable drives.
Therefore, in order to protect your PC from malware invasion, you should keep the following in mind, according to Microsoft experts:
- Run up-to-date security software
- Get the latest software updates
- Avoid downloading suspicious software
- Aim for custom installation rather than accepting “recommended” settings when downloading free programs from the Web
- Do not open websites sent to you from unknown senders
- Be careful when sharing removable drives; make sure you scan them
- Turn on your firewall (“firewall” is a set of rules on which information is allowed to access your PC)
- Limit user privileges
How to Remove Trojan:Win32/Gophe.A
If you are a victim by Trojan:Win32/Gophe.A, you can follow the instructions below on how to remove it both manually and/or via a well-trusted anti-malware tool.
Spy Hunter FREE scanner will only detect the threat. If you want the threat to be automatically removed, you need to purchase the full version of the anti-malware tool. Find Out More About SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool