Complaints have accumulated concerning pop-ups on users Mac’s stating that their computers have been damaged. The messages feature a file name or an app name in brackets, for example “update” in combination together with the message “will damage your computer.”. The main idea of this error is detection from the MacOS of a file that may be with a risky or unverified behavior or in other words, this file or app could be a virus. Read this article to learn how you can remove “Will damage your computer” app from your Mac.
|Name||Will damage your computer virus|
|Type||Malware for Mac OS|
|Short Description||A potential virus on your Mac, that could be of different malware types.|
|Symptoms||The “Will damage your computer” pop-ups appearing aggressively on your Mac.|
|Distribution Method||Via malspam, fake apps or virus links.|
|Detection Tool|| See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware |
|User Experience||Join Our Forum to Discuss Will damage your computer virus.|
Will damage your computer – How Did I Get It and What Does It Do?
The Will damage your computer pop-up looks kind of like the following:
The pop-up is basically a counter reaction of your Mac that you should take measures to manually remove the file that is in inverted commas. Most files of this character could be of outdated or old programs that have leftover information trackers or other junk files that are unnecessary and if those files are still activated, a Mac can catch them and present the Will damage your computer warning message.
The bad news here is that such files could also turn out to be malware and if so, you should act immediately. If malware on your computer, the Will damage your computer message file could perform the following activities:
- Obtain data from your microphone and camera.
- Take screenshots.
- Steal passwords and login names.
- Obtain data on the websites you visit.
- Steal your personal information.
- Log the keystrokes you type.
- Update itself.
- Infect your computer with other malware.
- Show ads.
- TCause browser redirects.
These are the reasons to focus on immediately removing Will damage your computer from your machine.
Remove Will damage your computer from Mac
If you want to fully erase Will damage your computer virus, we strongly recommend that you follow the removal steps below. They contain all the necessary actions that are needed towards the removal of this bad piece of code. If you want to make sure that your Mac is virus free, experts always advise to do a scan with a proffessional anti-malware software, that will make sure to automatically detect and remove absolutely all sorts of virus files and objects from your Mac and make it safe to use again.
Before starting to follow the steps below, be advised that you should first do the following preparations:
- Backup your files in case the worst happens.
- Make sure to have a device with these instructions on standy.
- Arm yourself with patience.
Step 1: Uninstall Will damage your computer virus and remove related files and objects
1. Hit the ⇧+⌘+U keys to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”, like the image below shows:
- Go to Finder.
- In the search bar type the name of the app that you want to remove.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” so that you can see all of the files associated with the application you want to remove. Bear in mind that some of the files may not be related to the app so be very careful which files you delete.
- If all of the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and then drive them to “Trash”.
In case you cannot remove Will damage your computer virus via Step 1 above:
In case you cannot find the virus files and objects in your Applications or other places we have shown above, you can manually look for them in the Libraries of your Mac. But before doing this, please read the disclaimer below:
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Remove Will damage your computer virus – related extensions from Safari / Chrome / Firefox
Step 3: Scan for and remove Will damage your computer virus files from your Mac
When you are facing problems on your Mac as a result of unwanted scripts and programs such as Will damage your computer virus, the recommended way of eliminating the threat is by using an anti-malware program. SpyHunter for Mac offers advanced security features along with other modules that will improve your Mac’s security and protect it in the future.